What’s Cambodia like now?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

What’s Cambodia like now?

Post by Cornfed »

It has been more than a decade since I lived there and I am wondering what the place is like now. Is it still like Amsterdam in that illegal drugs are tolerated? Is P4P still dirt cheap? Are Western NGOs still trying to ruin the place or have they been reigned in? What about crime?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: What’s Cambodia like now?

Post by starchild5 »

Cornfed wrote:It has been more than a decade since I lived there and I am wondering what the place is like now. Is it still like Amsterdam in that illegal drugs are tolerated? Is P4P still dirt cheap? Are Western NGOs still trying to ruin the place or have they been reigned in? What about crime?
Its much better than Jewrope or Jewmerica...When I was in Thailand..I heard more and more expats planning to go to Combodia due to lower cost of living as Thailand was becoming more expensive every year.

Crime is high though rest all is fine...Combodia will become the new thailand in coming years with the number of expats shifting there...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

So can you still openly buy cannabis-laced pizzas then? Have the dyke NGO bitches railroading random white men on trumped-up child sex charges been run out of town on a rail?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Cornfed wrote:So can you still openly buy cannabis-laced pizzas then? Have the dyke NGO bitches railroading random white men on trumped-up child sex charges been run out of town on a rail?
I think weed is fine in Cambodia
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Been awhile since being there so hard to say. But I did find it interesting how they outlawed marriage of foreigners over 50 years old. Not a good sign to us older gents.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

technically marijuana is illegal in Cambodia, but it is a smokers paradise. Cannabis can be found anywhere and is very cheapThe attitude towards marijuana is somewhat relaxed and locals do use marijuana, but technically any kind of possession is illegal and can be punished. In December there were 1282 active NGO's in Cambodia.
Cute Rabbit