What is Rodrigo Duterte doing to improve the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 24th, 2018, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: What is Rodrigo Duterte doing to improve the Philippines

Post by davewe »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
joesixpack wrote:I'm not much of a fan of Duterte, but I have a question for you guys that support him. Do you really believe this is the best way to reduce the drug problem, or are you just taking the popular opinion to gain favor with Filipinos? If he becomes a hated tyrant, will you switch sides then? Serious questions.
I honestly believe his way is the best way. I would not take popular opinion just to gain favor with the locals - a lot of folks in our Barangay voted for Binay, if I wanted to gain their favor I would stop saying he's a corrupt asshole but I'm obviously not. Now as for switching sides? Maybe. If he becomes out of control, I may switch sides.
I was and am a Duterte supporter. I think that overall he will do good for the country - or at least more good than bad. But, and it's a big but, I don't think he gives a damn about improving the lives of foreigners in the Philippines. He cares about poor Filipinos. That's the way it should be.

I am on a bunch of forums and the expats there are looking for improvement for their lives. Good luck with that! Yes, we may benefit from Duterte's policies; less crime benefits everyone, less corruption - the same, improved infrastructure - the same. But foreigners with, by definition, vastly more money than the average Filipino may be disappointed.

My other concern is with his Davao-like approach to the drug problem. Oh, I don't have a human rights issue with killing drug dealers and drug lords. But my guess is that it worked in Davao because the bad guys looked at what was happening and moved on. Kind of like a Western with the tough Sheriff - the bad guys moved to the next town where it became the problem of the next Sheriff.

But when you're the President of the entire country, what's your goal - that they all get scared and moved to China? So my guess is that the policy may be less effective than it was when he was Mayor, but I have no problem with his trying it out and seeing what happens.

My wife would love for all the corrupt former politicians to be killed. I would prefer that Duterte simply run a clean government. If he does that he will be a success.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

He's making the country look really bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... slums.html
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

You only need to look at Singapore then Indonesia for the precedent. It works! Indonesia went on a harsh cleanup executing corrupt public officials and drug smugglers. Do ya think anyone is stupid enough to want to bring drugs there now? Nope. It works. It really works.

The down side is that you p***y hounds might be out of business in Phils 10 years from now ;)
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

Johnny1975 wrote:He's making the country look really bad.

Actually he is making the country look really good. Over half million people have surrendered for drug related activity! What a shit hole, it is absolutely the only way to clean up a completely lawless and pathetic society.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Lorenzo wrote:

Actually he is making the country look really good. Over half million people have surrendered for drug related activity! What a shit hole, it is absolutely the only way to clean up a completely lawless and pathetic society.
Yes some good has come from it, but look at the photos. Does that look like a civilized society? Kids have to see that. If it's possible to track someone down, then it's possible to put them in a van and take them to the police station, and deal with them in a civilized way. Shooting people in the streets and making a mess and causing drama isn't right.

If a european country had the same problems would they deal with them in the same way? No. People like going to Europe and the west because it's civilized.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Deleted
Last edited by OutWest on August 8th, 2016, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Deleted
Last edited by OutWest on August 8th, 2016, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:

Yes some good has come from it, but look at the photos. Does that look like a civilized society? Kids have to see that. If it's possible to track someone down, then it's possible to put them in a van and take them to the police station, and deal with them in a civilized way. Shooting people in the streets and making a mess and causing drama isn't right.

If a european country had the same problems would they deal with them in the same way? No. People like going to Europe and the west because it's civilized.
The tables have just been turned. Instead of the criminal's'
Victims in the streets, its the criminals in the streets.

And yes, having killed scores of millions if their own within the last 75 years, those sophisticated Europeans are way out ahead. Having the brilliance to take in millions of Islamic migrants in the last couple if years, they are now having almost daily terror attacks. How do you think it was for those police women in Belgium that just got their faces chopped with a machete. That must have been photogenic.

At least in the Philippines, it looks like the bad guys are being slaughtered. In Europe, it's children and families being attacked by demonic jihadists put in place by globalist progressive rulers.

Merkel, Clinton and other vile swine make Duterte look like a boy scout. Say, why is it that the gore of a slaughtered criminal is full on depicted in the west, while we never get to see those same images in the aftermath of things in Europe.
The slaughter in the French club just a few months ago was more severe than anythinf in the Philippines. The victims were not just shot, they were tortured and butchered. Eyes gouged out, castrations, knives rammed up girls vaginas. Some of the French police involved are under psychiatric care.

The Philippines has its own Muslim problems, but they are not going to be so FUKINSTUPID as the Europeans who are importing millions of Muslims from bumfuck.

Oh yes, the preening civilized Europeans....
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

OutWest wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:

The tables have just been turned. Instead of the criminal's'

And yes, having killed scores of millions if their own within the last 75 years, those sophisticated Europeans are way out ahead. Having the brilliance to take in millions of Islamic migrants in the last couple if years, they are now having almost daily terror attacks. How do you think it was for those police women in Belgium that just got their faces chopped with a machete. That must have been photogenic.

At least in the Philippines, it looks like the bad guys are being slaughtered. In Europe, it's children and families being attacked by demonic jihadists put in place by globalist progressive rulers.

Merkel, Clinton and other vile swine make Duterte look like a boy scout. Say, why is it that the gore of a slaughtered criminal is full on depicted in the west, while we never get to see those same images in the aftermath of things in Europe.
The slaughter in the French club just a few months ago was more severe than anythinf in the Philippines. The victims were not just shot, they were tortured and butchered. Eyes gouged out, castrations, knives rammed up girls v****as. Some of the French police involved are under psychiatric care.

The Philippines has its own Muslim problems, but they are not going to be so FUKINSTUPID as the Europeans who are importing millions of Muslims from bumfuck.

Oh yes, the preening civilized Europeans....
I want to respond. I really do. But there's nothing relevant to respond to.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Correction. The media is making the country look bad. Actually it wasn't percieved as particular good in the first place due to the corruption which funny enough is what Duterte is clamping down on - but hey let's make him look like the bad guy here and lets make the low-life drug dealing criminals to be the poor innocent victims in all of this.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

When he has drug dealers killed he might just be killing the competition. If nations with massive resources and large police forces cannot eliminate the drug trade there is no possibility that Dirty is going to stop drug trafficking. But remember how profitable Prohibition was in America for everybody? Crime and gov't, the two go hand and hand.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Zambales wrote:

Correction. The media is making the country look bad. Actually it wasn't percieved as particular good in the first place due to the corruption which funny enough is what Duterte is clamping down on - but hey let's make him look like the bad guy here and lets make the low-life drug dealing criminals to be the poor innocent victims in all of this.
It's looks bad because it's not nice to see dead people on the streets, and kids have to see it. It makes the country look uncivilized and nasty. I know there's a big problem over there but there must be better ways to deal with it.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

OutWest wrote: The tables have just been turned. Instead of the criminal's'

-----

-----

Merkel, Clinton and other vile swine make Duterte look like a boy scout
I am supporting Duterte, with him in Davao it took only a few months, a few hundreds of dead criminals and the city became the safest place in the Philippines.

Not bad to remove some more criminals from the streets everywhere in Philippines, it is not only about drug abusers, but also about 'ordinary' robbers, burglars and similar human garbage attacking innocent people.

In Europe, do-gooder politicians are offering more human rights protection to criminals than to their victims, and it is good that Duterte wants to change that brainless talk in the Philippines, regardless what the church and human rights activists are telling him.

Duterte is not without support, not only is his activity approved by a huge majority of Philippine people who are totally fed up with all this daily street crimes - he has also political support to the displeasure of EU and USA.

China offered it even in written form that it fully support Duterte with his war against crimes of any kind, regardless if drug dealer, corrupt offical, kidnappers, pirates, robbers, burglars...

Politically seen, Duterte is not standing alone - it seems he can deal somehow with China (to my own surprise).

Personally I think, most criminals are repeat offenders, 1 dead criminal means maybe 20 to 50 crimes less against innocent people in future.