For the white guys here with asian girlfriend or wives

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Re: For the white guys here with asian girlfriend or wives

Post by tjh14 »

I lucked out in the wife department as she doesn't have the excessive materialism or the bad temper I hear guys talking about. She is perpetually sweet and calm while I am the more volatile one. Good thing too, as I would just get on a plane and leave a difficult woman like that behind. I have encountered these women at work though and there is no placating them so I resign myself to just having an enemy.
The only VPN I use reliably is ExpressVPN using the TCP setting. I am sure there are others. Had a bad experience with Strong Vpn. For business, I can imagine that this would be a pain.
I need to go back home for a few years and then retire, hopefully in the Phils if I can get my wife to live there. I like it much better than China but it is not easy to make money in the Phils, at least I didn't know how. Easy to make and save money in China maybe easier than in America.
If all hell breaks loose I'm not sure where a safe place would be.
I know a couple of guys living easily on 7,000 rmb a month social security in Yunnan province so that is a good second choice to the Phils.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

You definitely got lucky. I only know one woman, in all my years here, who is not like that. She was my first ever translator and the sweetest person I know in any country. Most other women are little firecracker, especially at the office. They even talk to the boss of the company that way. He's a local Shanghai man. They would be fired instantly if it were me. But clearly there is also something cultural at play because there is never any real anger or animosity after such "heated" exchanges.

Were it not for having a kid, I would have gotten on a plane already. Although I could easily live on 7000 rmb a month in Guizhou or Yunnan, these places have no international schools for my kid. Such schools also cost 7000, or so, per month and are usually in larger expensive cities. The best are, of course, in Shanghai and Beijing. That's why I am seriously looking at Phils again. It's sad really. Guizhou and Yunnan type places have been largely untouched by all major world events. Even the Japanese never made it into Guizhou during WWII. People grow a lot of their own food and can be pretty self sufficient. If all hell breaks loose, I think they would be great places to ride it out. (Unless America attacks China and they start hating all Americans. Then again, I can pass for African.)

There are many things in China I like better than Phils. There are also things in Phils I like better than China. In the end, I think Phils offers more freedom for the expat and more control over one's time. Time is extremely important to me. Time and freedom are what got me into his HA movement.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Lorenzo wrote:
I don't think Asian guys appreciate what they have. Just live with a bitchy white woman in America for 20+ yrs. then you understand why we have yellow fever. Am I grateful, Oh yes.
True words.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mentor and Lorenzo,

I think it depends on the Asian girl you marry or date not all Asian girls are a God send and at the same time it;s a stereotype to say that Asian men don't appreciate their own women. It actually comes out as a racial statement. It's like me saying white men don't appreciate their own white women.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

It actually comes out as a racial statement. It's like me saying white men don't appreciate their own white women.
I know that there are differences between the races and generalizations often do fit, although never completely. I can't imagine someone who has experienced many places and cultures thinking that descriptions of groups is racist, the most often misused accusation I know. Some would have you believe that there are no differences or outstanding characteristics between racial groups or sexes of any sort, nor any clearly defined characteristics. Maybe it's only a tendency based on culture and not race but some are so blinded by their PC ideology that any description of any group which might be considered unflattering is claimed to be racist.
Russians and Irish drink too much? Racist
Filipinas are promiscuous? Racist
Chinese men are loud and spit in public? Racist
etc., etc.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stead.html
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I kind of think a lot of white guys have a tendency of easily buying into stereotypes of their "rivals", Asian men, for the sake of convenience. Makes it easier to feel superior even when objectively speaking, you aren't.

Picture a hypothetical, average looking white guy who stands about 5'10" and is neither handsome nor ugly in his home country. He gets on a plane and goes to Asia. He would find himself taller and richer then a lot of local men, and he may feel superior because of it. A girl may fall for him, as he's the best she can get. Would she still have chosen him if a taller, better looking and more athletic Asian man had wanted her, and said Asian man also had a better job, better prospects, spoke her language and came from a respectable local family? I don't think so.

It's all objective, ultimately. You get what you can get. Moving to Asia as a white man can be a major ego boost. But don't let it get to your head too much and lose track of reality; wherever you go, whatever you do, there will always be men in every race or culture who are going to be vastly superior to you in every way. You're never truly going to be on the top of the food chain unless you move to a pygmee town in Central Africa. Get over yourselves.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I don't think the discussion point is about superiority for most men.
It is about to find a simple decent girl, with all the features that women of western societies 'forgot' or lost.
I am not telling that there are not guys who just want to f@@k and boost their ego, but I think that most western men who deal with asia girls, want just a nice girl as I said.
Tenn
Freshman Poster

Post by Tenn »

It has nothing to do with Asian men.

I dated a Korean girl and Asian men never entered my mind. She was just a very pretty girl with a bad attitude. Worth it for awhile though. I did feel superior to my white friends with their white girlfriends. Messed up and married what I thought was a sweet blonde. Bleh.