Don't be a Kano with your Cash

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Don't be a Kano with your Cash

Post by davewe »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Don't be a Kano with your Cash

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Your Australian friend gave you a very good piece of advice. It's very important to get to know the prices that the locals pay, and to live, think, calculate and pay as a Filipino. One of the advantages of going abroad, is the cheaper prices. But when you aren't critical enough, you will always end up paying more then a native would. For this reason alone it's ideal to have a local traveling companion, especially a wife or girlfriend. My wife takes it very personal when one of her countrymen tries to con me out of some money or overcharge me - she doesn't want me getting a bad impression of her country, she told me the first time I visited. But I've lived there for a while now, with breaks, and you get used to the prices.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 22nd, 2020, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Don't be a Kano with your Cash

Post by davewe »

The piece wasn't really about being ripped off - on the contrary. It's more about that fact that you have to stop thinking like an American which includes dealing with cash as if you were a Filipino. Of course I am also aided in this by my wife.