2 Fast 2 Furious

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

2 Fast 2 Furious

Post by The_Adventurer »

I notice looking at pictures of the cities in the Philippines I occasionally see some Fast and the Furious cars on the streets there. Do they have a big culture of Japanese modded cars and street racing?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Cars in PI

Post by Mr S »

I'm not a big car guy but yeah some of the richer teens and twenty somethings tend to be into modifying cars and street racing. If you have money here you an get away with a lot more things then in the states. They also have motorcycle modifiction and racing as well. I once saw a replica of the ZZtop car, i thought it was cool to see parked along one of the major nightlife streets. But I think that is old school stuff depending on what generation you grew up in. I'm an 80's freak. I have a picture of it but it's not attached to the web so cant insert it here.

[/img]
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.