Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

ladislav wrote:
However, I'm drawing a line in the sand on perhaps 1-2K. Ladislav, how did you lose $5K in the Philippines
By maintaining 11 girls ( yes, 11) and some scammed me pretending to be studying.
and $15K in Thailand?
Investing in forex and then not getting paid on a business deal
That's a lot of cash for me.
Oh, well, I went to Saudi and made it back pretty quick.
Interesting! thanks for getting back to me. Maintaining 11 girls and only losing $5K sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm off to Thailand for a holiday for a few weeks in October.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:Filipinas that describe their appearance as "average"(a sign of humility) and are non drinkers are less likely to scam you than other women. They may not be sexy but at least you can trust them. Here's some examples.

1. http://www.dateinasia.com/avremaej
2. http://www.dateinasia.com/mizar
3. http://www.dateinasia.com/imeyednacot
4. http://www.dateinasia.com/icy_heaven123
5. http://www.dateinasia.com/loretslasit

A Filipina that drinks is going to get drunk in seconds and then sleep with a bunch of guys she doesn't know. This is not good if you want a stable relationship with one.
Pics are worthless since none ever look like it on cam. Most look uglier and sometimes they look prettier than their pics. Only a few times ive seen teh girl look like her pic. actually if anything you know its a bad deal when the girl doesn't look like her pic. it means she edits or takes unusual pictures or outdated pictures to lure men in. Many girls have recent photos on facebook in all kinds of shot but then get them on camera and its like a whole different person.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote:
Taco wrote:Filipinas that describe their appearance as "average"(a sign of humility) and are non drinkers are less likely to scam you than other women. They may not be sexy but at least you can trust them. Here's some examples.

A Filipina that drinks is going to get drunk in seconds and then sleep with a bunch of guys she doesn't know. This is not good if you want a stable relationship with one.
My ex-girlfriend described herself as average and had a very wholesome look. Rarely drank. Church-goer. Unfortunately, appearances can only tell you that someone is bad, not that someone is good.

Find a tattooed, cleavage-popping bar-girl and you know she's bad from appearance only. Find a wholesome looking girl and she could easily be just as bad.
Which island is she from?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Interesting! thanks for getting back to me. Maintaining 11 girls and only losing $5K sounds like a pretty good deal.

That is the money that was not put to good use but spent fraudulently. The money that was actually spent on real study and improvement does not count.
I'm off to Thailand for a holiday for a few weeks in October.
Please Google "Do not move to Thailand" and read it very seriously.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

Will do. At this stage I have no intension to move to Thailand but I'll read the article just in case I'm tempted to change my mind while I'm over there. Don't want to end up like these guy ;)

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-maga ... 3/far-home
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Ghost wrote:The sad truth is that the country is worthless.
No, it really isn't. It's just very, very poor. And like virtually all very, very poor countries, also very, very corrupt. Even if half or more of the people are bastards, there's still plenty of amazing people in there. It takes some luck, some people skills and an open mind to meet the right ones but it can definitely be done.
Ghost wrote:That's why I have no compunction about pumping and dumping anymore. It's all hopeless.
You are very pessimistic right now. I understand; you just got scammed out of a lot of money and that sucks. I had moments of being scammed too, but usually don't let them get away with shit like that as I know the prices. They can try and charge me triple the normal rate, and I'll simply give them the normal rate and tell them to be happy about it.
Ghost wrote:Most of you here don't see the bigger picture. And you'd defend little brown people even when they were stealing the nose from your face.
I don't defend ''little brown people", and if said little brown people attempt to rip me off they will fail. If they treat me right, however, I will treat those little brown people right too. And never will I make assumptions on them all simply because some of them are bastards. Also... if I was a little brown person myself and I saw some rich Westerners come into my country, I might just scam them out of some money too, assuming they have plenty anyway. Which in many cases is true, especially if it's some old retiree. Immoral? Yes. But understandable too if you see the living conditions of many of them.

Surround yourself with the right type of little brown people. Be careful in deciding who's company to choose. And if you will go around "pumping and dumping" whores and bar girls and other sluts, be prepared to lose even more money, be scammed even more or even robbed at gunpoint at one point. If you plan on surrounding yourself with low lives, that may not end well.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:When I moved to Ukraine from Russia at age 14 ( after spending 10 years there), I remember it was a culture shock. Russians are much more honest. There's friendship. They help each other a lot. I had lots of friend who would stick up for me.

Now, when I ended up in Ukraine, the locals saw me as a simpleton. I got cheated and even beat up. It took me three years to make friends and even then, they turn against you in a whiff. So, the Philippines was a breeze basically except that they have people who are much more skilled in the art of cheating. They butter you up and con you and then bang! So smart! I really admire the skill. If they could put that intelligence to better use, it would really benefit the country. The scams they create there are amazing. Brilliant!

Like the last one was a work of art. A man walked up to me and talked to me in Visaya and showed me a gaping wound. He said he needed money for shots and that a gengrene was developing. I being a nice guy went to a pharmacy and bought him shots. He then disappeared. It turned out that he was taking those shots back to the pharmacy and getting refunds. And he was doing it to Filipinos. He could not speak English.

You want to be really scammed in the PH? Learn the language. Then, they will apply the art of scamming of a much higher caliber. The one designed to scam Filipinos. So many people there fall for work scams, loan scams, etc. You will fall for those, too.

They scam people from the country. Shamelessly. One girl I knew ordered a wig extension online and they asked her to send money by Western Union. Then the company just disappeared. Smart!

TV Patrol in the Philippines goes around finding the perpetrators all the time.

But the most common way is borrow money and not pay back. Pretend being sick or in the hospital and then ask for money. Or come up with some legit excuse to borrow money - like- I need money for school or to get a visa- and there's no school and no visa. These are very effective ways to pump some money into one's wallet. One girl said that her brother needed bail to be taken out of jail. But there is no brother and no jail.

In America, people are more honest with small things but scams are perpetrated on a higher scale. Advanced loan fees, investment scams, etc. Americans are aware of such scams and know how to protect themselves. Foreigners/immigrants to the US don't. Same with the Philippines.

It does not mean that there are no good people there. I have some really good friends. They make the whole thing worthwhile.

The mean streets of Manila are not for the naive and the trusting. There is a reason why the US Embassy does not give student or tourist visas to Filipinos. As in virtually none. Too many scammers.

But once you know how to protect yourself and have a group of friends, it's a great place to live.
I still think it is very naive to fall for any of those scam scenarios you describe above. If you wanna give to the less fortunate, there are many legitimate ways to do it rather than getting cheated so frequently.

If anyone needs money for any reason at any time in any country (USA included), just make a polite excuse to deny them. It's really that simple Lad. Even Winston, the guy who signed over $1,500 to a Nevada brothel has pretty much managed not to be scammed in Philippines. If you learn how to say "sorry" and "no", then you cut out a huge percentage of the scam possibilities. All that's left are holdup pings/muggings, pickpocetings/snatchings, and more elaborate investment/consumption ripoffs.

A slightly more sophisticated scam was being perpetrated in LA area not too long ago. It involved callers who had somehow managed to glean personal data on individuals, pretended to be from the IRS, and would call these people up posing as IRS agents. They basically convinced the people they were indeed from the IRS (otherwise how would they know for instance the last 4 digits of your social), acted like they were about to execute an audit because they believed tax fraud had occurred and that a certain amount of underpaid taxes plus penalties and interest had already been accessed (usually 10s of thousands of dollars), but due to shortage of manpower, they were offering a quick solution (no audit and wipe the slate clean) - just wire something much smaller figure (like say $3,239) to such and such a party/account by the end of the day. This really worked on quite a few people because it scared the hell out of them and panic tends to override rational thinking.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote:
Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote:

My ex-girlfriend described herself as average and had a very wholesome look. Rarely drank. Church-goer. Unfortunately, appearances can only tell you that someone is bad, not that someone is good.

Find a tattooed, cleavage-popping bar-girl and you know she's bad from appearance only. Find a wholesome looking girl and she could easily be just as bad.
Which island is she from?
Luzon.
That explains why your having problems. I chatted with a lot of Luzon women before I got married and it didn't take me long to realize Luzon women have "issues". Filipino men from other provinces won't go near them. You need to concentrate your dating efforts on Cebu women or Mindanao women. Women from Southern Philippines are generally easier to deal with but you do need to have a selective screening process in place.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:
If you wanna give to the less fortunate, there are many legitimate ways to do it rather than getting cheated so frequently.

If anyone needs money for any reason at any time in any country (USA included), just make a polite excuse to deny them. It's really that simple Lad. Even Winston, the guy who signed over $1,500 to a Nevada brothel has pretty much managed not to be scammed in Philippines. If you learn how to say "sorry" and "no", then you cut out a huge percentage of the scam possibilities. All that's left are holdup pings/muggings, pickpocetings/snatchings, and more elaborate investment/consumption ripoffs.

A slightly more sophisticated scam was being perpetrated in LA area not too long ago. It involved callers who had somehow managed to glean personal data on individuals, pretended to be from the IRS, and would call these people up posing as IRS agents. They basically convinced the people they were indeed from the IRS (otherwise how would they know for instance the last 4 digits of your social), acted like they were about to execute an audit because they believed tax fraud had occurred and that a certain amount of underpaid taxes plus penalties and interest had already been accessed (usually 10s of thousands of dollars), but due to shortage of manpower, they were offering a quick solution (no audit and wipe the slate clean) - just wire something much smaller figure (like say $3,239) to such and such a party/account by the end of the day. This really worked on quite a few people because it scared the hell out of them and panic tends to override rational thinking.
Totally agree. I have no problem with the declaration that there are lots of liars, scammers and thieves in the Philippines. I only object to the wild notion that there are not such people in our home countries. Here's an interesting statistic kept annually in the US on employee theft/fraud:

Amount stolen annually from U.S. businesses by employees $50,000,000,000
Percent of annual revenues lost to theft or fraud 7 %
Percent of employees who have stolen at least once from their employer 75 %
Percent of employees who have stolen at least twice from their employer 37.5 %
Percent of all business bankruptcies caused by employee theft 33 %

The last stat is particularly telling: % of bankruptcies cause by employee theft. For small businesses the biggest risk is not government paperwork or even taxes - it's employee theft.

Most of us in our home countries are immune (or feel immune) to cons and scams, because we have lived there our entire lives and know the score. But that doesn't mean that people are not scammed every day. As I said before, "knowledge is the key," You know how things are supposed to work in your home country, so are less likely to be cheated. You don't know how things are supposed to work in a foreign country and so are more likely to be a victim. Add to that the fact that most guys in a 3rd world nation are being led by their pecker and bad things can happen.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I didn't lose that $1000 to a scam. It was a robbery by my gf's brother. Her f***ing brother. I expect taxi drivers to be assholes, expecting 1000 php to take me 5 kilometers. But if you can't trust your gf's family? That is extreme degeneracy. Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.
You won't be able to trust your girlfriends family, that's true. You should have stayed in a hotel to avoid them. If you live in the Philippines with your Filipina its recommended you move to another city far from your wives family because they will cause lots of problems for you.

I had problems with my wife's brother too. When he's not drunk, high on shaboo(meth) or gambling he enjoys lying, cheating and stealing in his spare time. I noticed we didn't make much money the days he worked in my wife's Sari Sari store so we stopped asking him for help. Then one day he decided it would be a good idea to charge me for 6 months back rent because he was a part owner of the house we were living in at the time, there was no rental contract. That's when I lost it.

Important safety tip, its not a good idea to start yelling or accuse Filipinos of cheating you because they will kill you if they get offended. I've seen it happen. Just walk away smiling if you can. Your in the Philippines which means you have to deal with your problems the Filipino way.

Just remember, everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point. You try to keep it to a minimum but you know its going to happen. The bitch at Philippine airlines tried to charge me $200 to change my flight when it only cost $.25. A few months later that Philippines airline office closed down for some strange reason.
Last edited by Taco on September 7th, 2014, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

ultimately this boyfriend girlfriend thing is a business to many of these girls. Sure they will do a few things and give you sex to pretend they love but i guarantee you if another sap comes along that is a better deal or you dump them and they go back to the dating site they will be banging him and moving in just as fast and you will be all forgotten cause they have a new money train. Im lonely here in America, BUT at least i get the satisfaction of keeping my money and focusing strictly on my work which means its just that much faster to retirement. In a way i have more respect for the MGTOW guys they are less delusional then many of the expats like marcos and outwest. I dont include publicduende cause hes doesn't believe what he says either he is in london making lots of money and skipped out of asia yet pretends he did so well there, to bring his mail order columbian bride.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I didn't lose that $1000 to a scam. It was a robbery by my gf's brother. Her f***ing brother. I expect taxi drivers to be assholes, expecting 1000 php to take me 5 kilometers. But if you can't trust your gf's family? That is extreme degeneracy. Just like Ladislav said. I've told you how psychopathic and stupid my ex-gf's brother's actions were and you are still making excuses because he is a little brown asshole. f**k off.
You won't be able to trust your girlfriends family, that's true. You should have stayed in a hotel to avoid them. If you live in the Philippines with your Filipina its recommended you move to another city far from your wives family because they will cause lots of problems for you.

I had problems with my wife's brother too. When he's not drunk, high on shaboo(meth) or gambling he enjoys lying, cheating and stealing in his spare time. I noticed we didn't make much money the days he worked in my wife's Sari Sari store so we stopped asking him for help. Then one day he decided it would be a good idea to charge me for 6 months back rent because he was a part owner of the house we were living in at the time, there was no rental contract. That's when I lost it.

Important safety tip, its not a good idea to start yelling or accuse Filipinos of cheating you because they will kill you if they get offended. I've seen it happen. Just walk away smiling if you can. Your in the Philippines which means you have to deal with your problems the Filipino way.

Just remember, everyone gets ripped off in the Philippines at some point. You try to keep it to a minimum but you know its going to happen. The bitch at Philippine airlines tried to charge me $200 to change my flight when it only cost $.25. A few months later that Philippines airline office closed down for some strange reason.

They always charge me 200 dollars to change my philippine airlines flight date. Thats the standard fee PLUS whatever the ticket price difference is. One time i got charge almost 600 dollars to change the return date abd add a 3 month extension. Only 300 bucks less than if i had bought a brand new one way ticket home LOL
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:ultimately this boyfriend girlfriend thing is a business to many of these girls. Sure they will do a few things and give you sex to pretend they love but i guarantee you if another sap comes along that is a better deal or you dump them and they go back to the dating site they will be banging him and moving in just as fast and you will be all forgotten. Im lonely here in America, BUT at least i get the satisfaction of keeping my money and focusing strictly on my work which means its just that much faster to retirement.
Its a mistake to believe all Filipina/foreigner relationships are scams. However, I would say at least 70% of the relationships are scams to some degree. Many expats are aware their being scammed but still stay with the woman because she's not as bad as AW.

My wife worries about me constantly, doesn't lie to me, works hard to make me happy and wants sex more than I do. That's how I know she's a keeper.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”