Who's read Henry Makow's book, A Long Way to Go for a Date?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ogie
Freshman Poster

Who's read Henry Makow's book, A Long Way to Go for a Date?

Post by Ogie »

Wondering if anyone has read this book about his journey to the Philippines as a 48-year-old man to bring back an 18-year-old wife. The way his story concludes is fuel for MGTOW'ers who would say, "see, all women are like that." Has the book affected your decisions regarding whether or not to travel to the Philippines, to try to meet a filipina through a dating site, or to try to meet a foreign woman for marriage?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What happened in his case? Did he try going back to the Philippines again? Did he make bad choices?

What is the guy's personality like in real life? Is he an asshole? Does he have good people skills? Is he good with women? Does he have good EQ?

What qualifies him as an expert on foreign women?

You can't base too much on one guy's story. Especially if he didn't spend much time there.

Some guys just suck at relationships and have no people skills. But they do not represent all guys.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I sent this thread to Henry Makow. Here was his response:
Henry Makow wrote: Winston,

I have been happily married to a Mexican-Jewish woman since 2001. Check out my website henrymakow.com for articles on
feminism and how heterosexuality works. I would recommend men seek mates among immigrant women already here, especially Latinas, rather than travel abroad.
This reduces the woman's economic motivation.

all the best

henry
My response to him:

Hi Henry,
Mind if I post your response in my forum? We would love to have you participate in our forum too.

The first problem with your suggestion is that immigrant women in America become stuck up after a while and not very open. The US social environment feels very paranoid and uptight. It feels inappropriate and taboo to talk to female strangers or to try to pick up women. But abroad, flirtation is a lot more natural and normal. Moreover, most immigrant women already have a husband or partner and are taken. Nearly every woman in America is already taken, even if she is foreign. In America, everything is against the single male.

There simply is no place you can go in America, as an average single male, where women will be open and social and want to meet you. But overseas, there are many such places everywhere. Thus a man simply has INFINITELY more CHOICES overseas than in America. Think about it.

The second big problem is that living in the US is a bad idea for many reasons. The US has the highest rates of mental illness in the world and the highest rate of school bullying. The country is currently in a huge state of MORAL DECAY, which makes living there a bad idea. It would be bad for your bride and children to put them in such a highly toxic environment. Don't you realize that? Your family will be poisoned by American food and culture. And your kids will be bullied in school if they are nice. Why would you want to subject your family to all that? It would be crazy and irrational to do so. Many men fail to take that into account.

In the US, your bride and family will be turned into machines that only care about work and consumerism. It's a very soulless existence that will leave one feeling empty, miserable and dissatisfied. And it's an environment completely devoid of human/social connection with others, which is unnatural. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I wrote a good forum article with reasons on why bringing a foreign bride to America is bad for her. See here:
viewtopic.php?t=22737
That's why we advocate men live abroad, for many reasons. I list 5 major benefits of living abroad on my site, and I just did an audio lecture about it too. You can listen to it here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/5 ... erseas.mp3
Feel free to share it on your blog.

Regards,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I bought it and read it. The book describes the wrong procedure for finding a Filipina bride. Anytime there's a big age difference in a relationship you can expect the worst and that's what happened in this case. In addition, his wife was not very mature or trustworthy.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:Anytime there's a big age difference in a relationship you can expect the worst.
That is absolutely FALSE, there are millions of men around the world who are married to women 20 to 30 years young than themselves who stay married and never get divorced.

We have guys on this board who have wives who are 20 to 30 years younger than they are who are very happily married. Mark Davis's wife is 25 years younger than he is and he and Anna are very happily married now for almost seven years.

What I have noticed is that guys who can't get young women say things like "getting involved with a much younger woman will never work." These guys are jealous that THEY can't get young women so they like to say things like, "relationships with big age difference never work out."

It's pathetic how jealous and angry some guys are who can't get younger women. Just ask men who have wives much younger than themselves if their marriage is working out.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

We've got Henry Makow contacting us now? Awesome! Well if he did join the forum I imagine he'd be banned in short order for similar reasons as Cornfed is being tried for. Something to keep in mind Winston.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

jamesbond wrote:
Taco wrote:Anytime there's a big age difference in a relationship you can expect the worst.
That is absolutely FALSE, there are millions of men around the world who are married to women 20 to 30 years young than themselves who stay married and never get divorced.

We have guys on this board who have wives who are 20 to 30 years younger than they are who are very happily married. Mark Davis's wife is 25 years younger than he is and he and Anna are very happily married now for almost seven years.

What I have noticed is that guys who can't get young women say things like "getting involved with a much younger woman will never work." These guys are jealous that THEY can't get young women so they like to say things like, "relationships with big age difference never work out."

It's pathetic how jealous and angry some guys are who can't get younger women. Just ask men who have wives much younger than themselves if their marriage is working out.
I think you can throw physical age out the window. I know 50 year old women who act like 21 year olds and 21 year old women who act like they are 50. So when you are looking for a foreign lady, it's PARAMOUNT to seek a lady with a high level of maturity. Having an educated lady also helps in this department.

My wife is 19 years younger than I am and we get along fine. She's mature and I'm a bit of a goofball so it's a perfect balance of maturity.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I'm 46 and currently chatting with a 20-year-old girl who'd have no problem marrying me. Hell, I'm just one year younger than her father :D
But I think that if I brought her back to the USA, the odds of our relationship lasting would plummet :cry:
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

jamesbond wrote:

If the guy is in good shape, not balding, no grey hair and still looks young there's a good chance the woman is sincere. However, if the guy looks like Santa and his wife(Anna Nicole Smith) is 20 she's probably got a boyfriend on the side. No, I'm not saying that because I'm jealous I've had tons of opportunities to cheat on my wife with teens and I passed.

Here's a guy that's I knew in the Philippines that financed his girlfriend, her two kids and her boyfriend and didn't find out until it was too late. This happens all the time.

Rusty Ferguson
http://www.excitingcebu.com/about-rusty-ferguson/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:If the guy is in good shape, not balding, no grey hair and still looks young there's a good chance the woman is sincere.
Mark Davis is overweight, his hair is thinning and he does not look young for his age and he still was able to get a woman who is 25 years younger than himself. He was 45 when they got married and his wife was 20.

Also, Mark Davis is not rich and was still able to marry a woman young enough to be his daughter.

How do you explain that? :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

If the guy is in good shape, not balding, no grey hair and still looks young there's a good chance the woman is sincere. However, if the guy looks like Santa and his wife(Anna Nicole Smith) is 20 she's probably got a boyfriend on the side. No, I'm not saying that because I'm jealous I've had tons of opportunities to cheat on my wife with teens and I passed.

Here's a guy that's I knew in the Philippines that financed his girlfriend, her two kids and her boyfriend and didn't find out until it was too late. This happens all the time.

Rusty Ferguson
http://www.excitingcebu.com/about-rusty-ferguson/

Saw a hot girl with a guy probably 20 years older than her in teh gym. She stared at me as i walked past them in the gym. All i thought was if i was that guy no way in hell would i trust that girl id be watching her everywhere she go, keylog her, a nd assume she has a boyfriend when i leave the country. all these idiot foreigners with large age gaps believe their girl isn't chating on them. if they aren't its cause they are trying but haven't had the opportunity cause hes always around LOL
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster

Post by Zero_Tolerance_Man »

Winston wrote:I sent this thread to Henry Makow. Here was his response:
Henry Makow wrote: Winston,

I have been happily married to a Mexican-Jewish woman since 2001. Check out my website henrymakow.com for articles on
feminism and how heterosexuality works. I would recommend men seek mates among immigrant women already here, especially Latinas, rather than travel abroad.
This reduces the woman's economic motivation.

all the best

henry
My response to him:

Hi Henry,
Mind if I post your response in my forum? We would love to have you participate in our forum too.

The first problem with your suggestion is that immigrant women in America become stuck up after a while and not very open. The US social environment feels very paranoid and uptight. It feels inappropriate and taboo to talk to female strangers or to try to pick up women. But abroad, flirtation is a lot more natural and normal. Moreover, most immigrant women already have a husband or partner and are taken. Nearly every woman in America is already taken, even if she is foreign. In America, everything is against the single male.

There simply is no place you can go in America, as an average single male, where women will be open and social and want to meet you. But overseas, there are many such places everywhere. Thus a man simply has INFINITELY more CHOICES overseas than in America. Think about it.

The second big problem is that living in the US is a bad idea for many reasons. The US has the highest rates of mental illness in the world and the highest rate of school bullying. The country is currently in a huge state of MORAL DECAY, which makes living there a bad idea. It would be bad for your bride and children to put them in such a highly toxic environment. Don't you realize that? Your family will be poisoned by American food and culture. And your kids will be bullied in school if they are nice. Why would you want to subject your family to all that? It would be crazy and irrational to do so. Many men fail to take that into account.

In the US, your bride and family will be turned into machines that only care about work and consumerism. It's a very soulless existence that will leave one feeling empty, miserable and dissatisfied. And it's an environment completely devoid of human/social connection with others, which is unnatural. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I wrote a good forum article with reasons on why bringing a foreign bride to America is bad for her. See here:
viewtopic.php?t=22737
That's why we advocate men live abroad, for many reasons. I list 5 major benefits of living abroad on my site, and I just did an audio lecture about it too. You can listen to it here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/5 ... erseas.mp3
Feel free to share it on your blog.

Regards,
Winston
If you feel this way, what the hell are you doing in the USA? Why don't you move to the Philippines or some other place and stay there. You keep complaining about this place but yet you stay! Also, I think Henry is right. Most of these Foreign girls are too motivated by money. This BS about them caring more about the man is nonsense. Women are basically the same wherever you go. They all want the same thing; a man with more money than them
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

agree with zero tolerance.

Also what winston says about philippines is utter bullshit. First off the girls are not open to flirting its just the girls that want are money are. If your a filipino guy they dont flirt much with them and if they think your a creepy foreigner they wont either.

And filipina girls are more motivated by money or a quick visa then even american women. I've seen no evidence of otherwise. Thats why most filipina women going for foreigners are actually bargirls or freelance prostitutes. Its a myth there is a line of regular wholesome girls going for foreigners. Go to a church and see how hard it is to court a regular hot women, you can't do it. They are also no hornier than regular american women. only once they been traiend by foreigners or motivated by money do they do that. some are horny but so are american women. and some are prudes just like american women. some need training. my girl is finally opening up after months and fights. I very rarely see a long lasting relationship with a hotfilipina woman and foreigner usually they are ugly or only above average (6.5 or below) or have kids.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:Most of these Foreign girls are too motivated by money. This BS about them caring more about the man is nonsense. Women are basically the same wherever you go. They all want the same thing; a man with more money than them
Larry Elterman said basically the same thing in his book. He said that these marriages of old men to young women are business arrangements. Hopefully there's some love there, but the marriage is based on an exchange of goods and services. The girl gets food, clothing, and shelter, while the guy gets laid by a young sexy woman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hero wrote:
Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:Most of these Foreign girls are too motivated by money. This BS about them caring more about the man is nonsense. Women are basically the same wherever you go. They all want the same thing; a man with more money than them
Larry Elterman said basically the same thing in his book. He said that these marriages of old men to young women are business arrangements. Hopefully there's some love there, but the marriage is based on an exchange of goods and services. The girl gets food, clothing, and shelter, while the guy gets laid by a young sexy woman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Very true. The girl also gets light skinned kids out of it.

I think most of the young Filipinas that flirt with me are just after money. However, I think there's a few that are physically attracted to me. I caught one teen starring at my ass one day at the Pharmacy. If you send a Filipina naked pics of yourself and then they ask to see you naked on Skype she's probably attracted to you.

My wife knows several Filipinas that married older guys and don't really love them, most of them cheat and their husbands have no idea what's going on. One Filipina we know even told her American Husband her boyfriend is her cousin and had him move into the house. Being married is just a job to them. In most cases the girl pretends to love her husband but a quick check of her Facebook account or cell phone will reveal her real boyfriend. The men that live in the Philippines with their wives often don't care if their Filipina is cheating on them because half of them have a girlfriend on the side too. However, the guys that bring their Filipinas back to the US and find out their wives are cheating have a lot more to lose and don't take it very well.