The Benefits of Muslim Marriage Laws in the Philippines!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

The Benefits of Muslim Marriage Laws in the Philippines!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
An expat friend of mine in the Philippines wanted me to share an important discovery with you all. Apparently, there are a lot more benefits, freedoms and conveniences in the Philippines when you get married under MUSLIM law than under Christian/Catholic law. See below. It's quick and easy, and will give you a permanent resident visa in the Philippines as well.

The only catch is that you have to convert to Islam to do this. My friend just did this himself after researching it. The girl he married is very hot too, and a total gem! Here is what he told me:
Instead, post the basic message which is: Converting to Islam means "Sharia Law", not Christian law, now applies. This is a Christian-owned government, which causes all sorts of complications, delays and expenses for those wishing to get married or divorced. But this Christian government respects (or is afraid of) Islam. It does not want to upset the Muslims because millions of Filipinos work overseas in Muslim countries.

The process for getting married (or divorced) under Islam is *much* simpler and *cheaper* and *faster*, and yet it is *just* as legal. For men, it brings other benefits too such as being able to marry under 18s (so long as they have had their first period!) and to marry more than one wife! In my case, no (as in ZERO) documents needed to be produced, and we converted to Islam and got married immediately (i.e. the next day), no problem. Two days later we had our conversion-to-Islam certificates and official Civil Registrar marriage certificate; next week we should get our NSO marriage certificate. The Imam does all the work; we just pick up the certificates.

For divorce, all the man needs to do is go to the Imam and say he wants a divorce; the Imam says "Wait 3 months and 10 days" (100 days); you go back after that time and he cancels your marriage. No fixers, little expense if any.

If you are already married under Christian law, Islam does not recognize that -- so just convert to Islam and marry again! No need to divorce or annul first!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Might well be true Winston, but the price to pay is immense: being projected into a silent and discriminated minority. In rural parts of Mindanao they still ambush and kill Muslims for petty reasons.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You don't want to become a Muslim in the Philippines, trust me. Christian Filipinos hate them.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why would they be hated? Filipinos are so nonjudgmental.

Aren't there entire regions of the Philippines that are Muslim?

You can just get married under Muslim law without living like a Muslim everyday or going to mosques, etc. So you would not have to let everyone know that you married under Muslim laws.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:Why would they be hated? Filipinos are so nonjudgmental.

Aren't there entire regions of the Philippines that are Muslim?

You can just get married under Muslim law without living like a Muslim everyday or going to mosques, etc. So you would not have to let everyone know that you married under Muslim laws.
Islam permits divorce, unlike Catholicism. Divorce is highly common in Indonesia nowadays.

If you're looking for this kind of marriage, I'd say Indonesia and Malaysia are better, since you get the same benefits while being in a Muslim-majority society where they're not seen as an inferior anomaly. What you do is you say the shahada (Islamic creed) in a mosque in front of the imam, and then register your marriage with the religious affairs bureau.

Many Indonesians are quite relaxed about observing traditional Islamic customs, whereas Malaysia, like Pakistan, is much more strict about them. For example, in Banyuwangi, East Java, many are nominally Muslims but are in fact borderline Hindu-animists.

And yes, while it is true that Filipinos aren't as ridiculously fussy and negative as Chinese and Taiwanese, many of them are quite anti-Muslim too. Mention "Mindanao" to anyone in Luzon, and chances are, right away they'll rant about Abu Sayyaf. That's the equivalent of having Americans given you paranoid remarks about Osama bin Laden when you simply mention the Middle East. Latin America and Spain are quite similar in that they're more laid-back cultures, while often still Islamophobic at the same time.

publicduende wrote:Might well be true Winston, but the price to pay is immense: being projected into a silent and discriminated minority. In rural parts of Mindanao they still ambush and kill Muslims for petty reasons.
Finally, someone who's not buying into all the mass media propaganda about Filipino Muslims being crazy bloodthirsty terrorists. Thumbs up!
Last edited by Falcon on April 27th, 2014, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome back Falcon. I was wondering where you'd been.

So is it true that in a Muslim country, a guy can have multiple wives? Can a guy go to Indonesia and have more than one wife? Dang.

You can marry as a Muslim but not do anything Muslim after that right?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston, I'm having the time of my life overseas. :D So much fun that I haven't had time to post here. I've had a fling with a cute girl in Vietnam, got so much attention from Indonesian women that they got super jealous of each other, and so much more that I haven't talked about here (yet). Right now I'm in China.

So, the religious marriage system is for legal classificatory purposes, like the US officially classifying you as "Black" or "Asian". But you can choose not to identify with the black or Asian communities and be seen by everyone as something else. But be careful, as blatantly non-sincere conversions can make local communities angry. Make sure her family isn't overly zealous about religion too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gee Falcon. The other guys will be envious of you. lol

How are you able to travel so much? Will you post anymore pictures?

Are the girls in China approachable?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston wrote:How are you able to travel so much? Will you post anymore pictures?

Are the girls in China approachable?
It's easy to travel in Asia nowadays, thanks to budget airlines, and cheap hotels and buses everywhere.

Like Xiongmao and Everdred, the secret having either a job in Asia or lots of savings, and then using long sabbaticals to travel. I have to travel a lot to do projects and attend conferences in different countries, and tourism and meeting women are pretty much things I do on the side.

In rural China, they're somewhat more approachable than Taiwanese women on average, but Filipina and Indonesian women are far, far more approachable by a very long shot.

Winston wrote:So is it true that in a Muslim country, a guy can have multiple wives? Can a guy go to Indonesia and have more than one wife? Dang.
In Islamic Southeast Asia, polygamy is now much rarer and is not a norm, though it still happens. Technically you can make it happen if you're determined, but you'll get a lot of flak for that, thanks to the many progressive groups that oppose it now. Also, just like Filipinas, Muslim Indonesian women can get insanely jealous if you're being a playboy!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Don't you technically have to get an authorized Muslim sanctioned name as well? Cause if you are a true Muslim convert you have to give up and change your Western name legally as well. Do we really need another man named Mohammad in the world? It's like the tag name Smith now.

This is another example of how Islam is not a real religion but just a form of theocratic governmental doctrine. This is why the world is in the crapper cause many people with perceived powers based either on fame, money power or variations of the three will give up their basic human honor and dignity if they can bend the rules of society to their advantage, who cares about morals and principles? If I win and its all about me so what?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I looked into Islam once but decided against it because I just don't want to wear a beard and Islam requires men to wear beards because Mohammad wore a beard. For other men, it could be a good choice if you get the woman you want and she loves you.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

In my passport I am muslim but the reality is quite different. I did not like to marry anyway but one never knows maybe it´s a good to know that somehting like that exists. Generalls I am with Mr. S. but sometimes one gets greedy and oppurtunistic.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Mr S wrote:Don't you technically have to get an authorized Muslim sanctioned name as well? Cause if you are a true Muslim convert you have to give up and change your Western name legally as well. Do we really need another man named Mohammad in the world? It's like the tag name Smith now.

This is another example of how Islam is not a real religion but just a form of theocratic governmental doctrine. This is why the world is in the crapper cause many people with perceived powers based either on fame, money power or variations of the three will give up their basic human honor and dignity if they can bend the rules of society to their advantage, who cares about morals and principles? If I win and its all about me so what?

+1. All about how to manipulate the system in some minor or major way to gain some perceived
advantage. Integrity? What's that?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I am not a Muslim and will never be one. I would never consider to convert only because of marriage. Islam is not my culture I am coming from, I left Catholic Church, and I do not believe in any existence of a God.

The world is wide, and if you have some savings or a job overseas, as said before in this thread you can find a woman for you without considering religion at all. Requirement is merely you are not against international/interracial dating and don't care what some women and their manginas in Western countries are talking about you.

Be aware that bringing a foreign wife into your country, or to relocate overseas might be costly. Make sure you are not running out of money quickly. To be able to communicate in more languages and not only in English is an advantage too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My friend has something to tell you all:
... tell the guys to convert to Islam. So simple! Cuts through bullshit like a light saber

Sharia law overrules the a-hole Filipino laws

Muslims don't require ANY (as in zero zip nada zilch) documentation. Just fill your names (any names, they don't check your ID!) and voila... married

No Embassy shit, no marriage license, no f***ing nothing! And you can have up to 7 wives and divorce is easy
He also wants to add:
You don't need to BE a Muslim. Only on paper. We were 100% honest with the Imam... he didn't care. They just like to score points... imagine the prestige in converting a Catholic... an AMERICAN! They are so happy to do it.

You can eat whatever you want, wear whatever you want, never pray, drink, get tattoos, whatever. It's just playing the religion game with the f***ing government... and winning hahaha!