Cool location in Thailand?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Cool location in Thailand?

Post by RedMenace »

My girlfriend agrees for us to meet half way in Thailand after I proposed the idea to her as opposed to me going all the way to Australia. Besides Australia is expensive to live in and it's no different from the UK. Anyone know any cool relaxing towns in Thailand I can stay at with her?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Heard good things about Chiang Mai.

Thailand is heading towards civil war, so I guess nowhere is gonna be that peaceful.

Why not check out Malaysia?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
RichieBoy
Freshman Poster

Post by RichieBoy »

Its only Bangkok where there seems to be the trouble, you probably won't see any rallies in other towns, at least I haven't where I am... I won't believe the hype in the media

How would you support yourself and her while you are there? does she have any money?
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

RichieBoy wrote:Its only Bangkok where there seems to be the trouble, you probably won't see any rallies in other towns, at least I haven't where I am... I won't believe the hype in the media

How would you support yourself and her while you are there? does she have any money?
Only using Thailand to meet so we will probably stay there for a couple of weeks before returning back to our home countries.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I second Chiang Mai. If you are in the mood for beaches, I like Koh Samui. Can't go wrong with either one.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:I second Chiang Mai. If you are in the mood for beaches, I like Koh Samui. Can't go wrong with either one.
I third Chiang Mail. Nice city, good prices, great food. Only problem we had is that my Filipina wife was constantly mistaken for a Thai girl, which annoyed her.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

davewe wrote: I third Chiang Mail. Nice city, good prices, great food. Only problem we had is that my Filipina wife was constantly mistaken for a Thai girl, which annoyed her.
LOL...the same thing happened to my Filipina GF in Bankok. People kept coming up to her and speaking Thai to her thinking she was Thai. It annoyed her at first, but then people starting giving her special deals on shoes, etc at the night markets which made it a little less annoying to her :).
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I have to say the advice in this thread is not very good. Koh Samui is an overdeveloped shit hole full of fat Brits and their screeching children. Go to Koh Lanta instead.

Chiang Mai is kind of boring. It's cheap to stay there and the food is good. But it's boring and there's no beach.