Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by MrMan »

A lot of this advice is good for travel to any country. It is not wise to go to a country and start criticizing the government. A lot of countries that allow free speech aren't as open to the idea of direct criticism as Americans are. I got the sense that asking South Koreans questions about the Korean government could be taken almost like asking questions about their mother. They may not want to discuss her flaws. It is good to be sensitive about this sort of thing.

Is it so shocking that if you yell at people in public, you could get in trouble? If you took it to the extreme in the US, you could get arrested for disturbing the peace. It is not normal to yell at a waiter for getting an order wrong. It's okay to yell if someone is about to get hit by a bus or something like that. If they throw loud expats who yell like that in jail, us other expats can enjoy our meal in peace. Not that I've seen expats yelling at staff in my travels, but I don't tend to hang around drunken or unstable expats.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kairosan117
Freshman Poster

Post by kairosan117 »

If you don't interact with younger girls or talk to politicans... you'll be fine.
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
That would defeat the purpose of going there. This can't be real. If all the above is true, that place is the last place I'd want to go for any reason. Ukraine can't be this bad.
kairosan117
Freshman Poster

Post by kairosan117 »

ITs not so bad if you keep to yourself and plan out what you wanna do and where you want to visit while on your trip.

But do everything with discretion or at the very least, have a lumped of cash so you can bribe your way out of trouble, I guess?

Because money gets you out of all kinds of legal problems...

Yep that's all that's needed.
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Who said don't be 40+ dating a sub-25 girl? Uh, are we going to ignore the 60 and 70+ crowd feeling up on 19 year olds in metropolitan areas? Where is this coming from?
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
dragonsmack68
Freshman Poster

Post by dragonsmack68 »

Adama wrote:
Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
I would say the majority of foreigners I see around Cebu are over 45 and dating under 25. No one looks twice except maybe me.....
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

dragonsmack68 wrote:
Adama wrote:Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
I would say the majority of foreigners I see around Cebu are over 45 and dating under 25. No one looks twice except maybe me.....

I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal. This is the narrow pit that many Anglophone men are in. They are just condemned on every side for natural things. While abnormal things are exalted as normal and above criticism of any kind.

I especially dislike when someone who knows nothing starts giving advice and warnings. Actually it upsets me greatly to hear these people speak their foolish wisdom.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote: I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal....
I agree with you.

It seems the majority of people in USA and UK do not understand what the word 'pedophile' means.
It is about people of any gender past puberty who feel sexually attracted to people of any gender who did not pass puberty yet.

Pedophilia and sexual contact with a minor-age person are 2 totally different issues. Any man past puberty who feels sexually excited by a woman past puberty is perfectly normal. This does not mean however that any sexual relationship between both of them is legally seen permitted.

I was called a paedophile, because my Asian wife is about 8 inch shorter than I am, despite we both are of about the same age.
I also got all these 'loser remarks' about marriage with a poor Thai doormat, Filipina mail order bride etc., but my wife is Japanese and not poor at all and also not sold by her parents - and of course also hate-mail from Asian-Americans, the usual 'white man is stealing our women' and similar racist BS-nonsense.

Many people especially in USA are grossly misinformed about what is going on in this world as they have never been anywhere else except a few miles around their own city and think this is the paradise and all others outside of USA are living in chaos and poverty.

I do my best to move quickly on, there is nothing else what you can do when you face such idiots. Any discussion with them is time-waste.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Adama wrote: I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal....
I agree with you.

It seems the majority of people in USA and UK do not understand what the word 'pedophile' means.
It is about people of any gender past puberty who feel sexually attracted to people of any gender who did not pass puberty yet.

Pedophilia and sexual contact with a minor-age person are 2 totally different issues. Any man past puberty who feels sexually excited by a woman past puberty is perfectly normal. This does not mean however that any sexual relationship between both of them is legally seen permitted.

I was called a paedophile, because my Asian wife is about 8 inch shorter than I am, despite we both are of about the same age.
I also got all these 'loser remarks' about marriage with a poor Thai doormat, Filipina mail order bride etc., but my wife is Japanese and not poor at all and also not sold by her parents - and of course also hate-mail from Asian-Americans, the usual 'white man is stealing our women' and similar racist BS-nonsense.

Many people especially in USA are grossly misinformed about what is going on in this world as they have never been anywhere else except a few miles around their own city and think this is the paradise and all others outside of USA are living in chaos and poverty.

I do my best to move quickly on, there is nothing else what you can do when you face such idiots. Any discussion with them is time-waste.
American feminism has really got men screwed up. If you like a WOMAN who has a nice body, you're a loser, pedophile and all kinds of names. And practically everyone in the whole country will agree: you definitely are a pedophile for liking things that are normal and showing it, IF YOU ARE A MAN.

The USA is a deep, narrow pit for men. There is no freedom for men, only constraint, obligation and shame for being a man. Meanwhile women can dress like whores (showing off their upper thighs, even parts of their buttocks, and the cleavage of their breasts to strangers) and homosexual perverts can pretend they are women, but nobody can say anything without being shamed. Nobody is there yelling at the homosexual crossdresser, to tell him what a reprobate he is.
Mark_in_Bangkok
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark_in_Bangkok »

ladislav wrote:
September 25th, 2013, 5:12 pm
These dangers rarely if ever get mentioned anywhere so I must warn people here about them.

Important topic and valuable thread with comments following.
Thank you, ladislav, for starting this topic.
Member: Thailand Expats Email Discussion.
Membership inquiries welcome; send private message to me on this forum.
Mark_in_Bangkok
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark_in_Bangkok »

ladislav wrote:
September 25th, 2013, 5:12 pm
These dangers rarely if ever get mentioned anywhere so I must warn people here about them.

Thank you, ladislav, for your keep observations, and for starting this valuable topic.

Adama wrote:
November 3rd, 2017, 6:45 am
The USA is a deep, narrow pit for men. There is no freedom for men, only constraint, obligation and shame for being a man.

I agree.
After seeing here multiple comments like that, I am starting to appreciate this forum.
Member: Thailand Expats Email Discussion.
Membership inquiries welcome; send private message to me on this forum.