Thai society (also compared to Chinese)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

xiongmao wrote:Only been in Thailand for half a day but...

Worst traffic jam EVER!

But....

I can't remember a single car horn being sounded.

Compare that to China, which was just crazy.

I have bitter regrets of not filming CROWD FIGHTS TO GET ON EMPTY BUS IN GUANGZHOU. It was astonishing. I don't know if China will collapse, but if it does they will fall upon each other like animals.
LOL!!! Right! Sometimes, I want to just stand back and watch them pile into whatever it is (train or bus), it looks so funny sometimes.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: Thai society (also compared to Chinese)

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote:So, I'm living in Thailand now. Here are some things I'd like to say about Thai society. :)

Just my 2 cents, please feel free to comment, ask questions, or object.
It's great that you finally made your way to Thailand. It's too bad I haven't been there in the past 6 months or I may have shown you around. If you plan on being there in the near future again I may break my "no meeting people online" rule for you. :lol:

Please tell us more about your experiences especially if you met up with any women there.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:
Falcon wrote:So, I'm living in Thailand now. Here are some things I'd like to say about Thai society. :)

It's great that you finally made your way to Thailand. It's too bad I haven't been there in the past 6 months or I may have shown you around. If you plan on being there in the near future again I may break my "no meeting people online" rule for you. :lol:

Please tell us more about your experiences especially if you met up with any women there.
Great to see you back Repatriate!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Great to see you back Repatriate!
Hey zboy. :P
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
I asked this question in another thread but I'm curious to know where you get your information. For being here such a short time you've gathered quite a bit of intel.
To long-term expats like you, a few weeks is not a long time, but it certainly is to me. I live life in the fast lane, and always try to get a lot done in a relatively short amount of time. :wink: I'm not like the other expats who've lived here for a few years and still hardly know, or experience, anything beyond the foreigner enclaves.

Well, I actually go out and do stuff, talk to a lot of people, go local, and so on. My trips to Mexico were always never more than 20 days each, and yet I was always able to gather a lot of info..........
I said it on another thread, but now that I found this one, let me say again -- CONGRATULATONS. I feel certain you will meet your dream girl... and one day make little Falcons too.

Now then.... ahem... comparing Mexico and Thailand... which one would you recommend for ME?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm still in Thailand - although due to visa issues I might have to do a little visa run!

I hope Falcon comes back here soon, we were having some great fun here.

Not been to Mexico but I would guess that both Mexico and Thailand are awesome places if you like food. Thailand also has a lot of home comforts and English is widely spoken.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:I said it on another thread, but now that I found this one, let me say again -- CONGRATULATONS. I feel certain you will meet your dream girl... and one day make little Falcons too.

Now then.... ahem... comparing Mexico and Thailand... which one would you recommend for ME?
Thanks for your encouragements Jester! :wink:

I believe Thailand would be better for you, but the Philippines would be even better if you want a long-term relationship with a girl. Thailand has better infrastructure overall though.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Now I've been here longer I'm beginning to figure out Thailand.

Of the 3 "nice girls" I've met here so far, two haven't spoken English and one isn't actually Thai. There are nice girls here but it takes a lot of effort to find them. It's far easier to find ladyboys and freelancers.

Food here is excellent. Transport questionable, so it's vital to live somewhere close to most of the places you want to visit. Wifi is terrible, and so is mobile internet. Hotel wifi availability is something around 80%.

There are Chinese here but they stick to their own restaurants and other places. They don't integrate at all. Also a lot of Chinese come here on holiday but I've not had any luck in getting them to reply to me on WeChat.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

xiongmao wrote:Now I've been here longer I'm beginning to figure out Thailand.

Of the 3 "nice girls" I've met here so far, two haven't spoken English and one isn't actually Thai. There are nice girls here but it takes a lot of effort to find them. It's far easier to find ladyboys and freelancers.

Food here is excellent. Transport questionable, so it's vital to live somewhere close to most of the places you want to visit. Wifi is terrible, and so is mobile internet. Hotel wifi availability is something around 80%.

There are Chinese here but they stick to their own restaurants and other places. They don't integrate at all. Also a lot of Chinese come here on holiday but I've not had any luck in getting them to reply to me on WeChat.
If I find a decent Thai women easy to hook up, it makes me wonder how easy it is for her to hook up with other men. Thai women do not generally jump in the sack with a person unless they've spent some time with them, they're a whore, or they're a party girl looking to get laid.

I always tell people that learning the language is important here. I can't emphasize this enough. It will open a whole new world up for you. Your numbers will go from 2 or 3 women or 9 or 10. The equation is simple; stay out of the ho zones unless you're going to get laid. Visit the good girls when you can and if you need to get laid and can't get it in with a good girl, hit a massage parlor or bar. Do what the Thais do and this is what they do.

Transportation questionable? Please explain...

I live in Bangkapi, close to The Mall and Ramkhamhaeng University. This area is an hour to 90 minutes away from Victory Monument and the Grand Palace if you take a taxi. But there are numerous options that make transportation to these areas fast easy. I can take a boat taxi to one of these places and be there in 30-45 minutes. The other day I went to Suratthani. I took a taxi to the MRT (70 baht) — I could have taken the bus but was with my son and didn't want to do so — then hopped on the MRT. It dropped us off right at Hualamphong Station. Total cost for one person = 110 baht or $3.50. Seeing that Hualamphong is all the way on the other side of town, this is cheap in my view.

You can take a boat taxi, the MRT, or the BTS. I know you think the BTS is expensive but I think 42 baht for a trip that runs the length of the line is reasonable. Also, extensions of the BTS and MRT lines are under construction and one BTS line should be completed by the end of the year.

The boat taxis are relatively simply and you should be able to catch on after one or two trips.

Also, I gave you the website for buses. This should have made taking buses much easier.

Public transportation in Bangkok is quite good. Perhaps because of your inexperience here you're having problems with the transportation, I don't know, but when you say the transportation is questionable, I have to wonder what problems you're having.

I know it's natural to compare Thailand to China. I've been to China and Thailand and China are as different as mangoes and coconuts. If you want Chinese, go to Yaowarat. There are numerous Chinese restaurants there where very few foreigners go and even Chinese women running around. They're whores but they're Chinese. Otherwise, go to China for Chinese chicks.
Wifi is terrible, and so is mobile internet. Hotel wifi availability is something around 80%.
Again, I don't know what you're dealing with but I have WIFI in my home, roaming WIFI on my iPhone and on my laptop. My wife also has a computer as do my sons. Maybe once every three months we have an hour or so of downtime, that's it. Our speed is 16 / 1 mbs and it is more than sufficient. We no longer have cable and only watch movies and shows from my external hard drive and on YouTube.

As far as mobile internet, even our GPRS is reliable. Both my wife and I have it on our phones. The only time we ever have any trouble with it is when we're in Surat, out in the jungle where the signal is piss-poor. Other than this I am satisfied with our service and speed.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

xiongmao wrote:Now I've been here longer I'm beginning to figure out Thailand.

If I find a decent Thai women easy to hook up, it makes me wonder how easy it is for her to hook up with other men. Thai women do not generally jump in the sack with a person unless they've spent some time with them, they're a whore, or they're a party girl looking to get laid.

I always tell people that learning the language is important here. I can't emphasize this enough. It will open a whole new world up for you. Your numbers will go from 2 or 3 women or 9 or 10. The equation is simple; stay out of the ho zones unless you're going to get laid. Visit the good girls when you can and if you need to get laid and can't get it in with a good girl, hit a massage parlor or bar. Do what the Thais do and this is what they do.

Transportation questionable? Please explain...

I live in Bangkapi, close to The Mall and Ramkhamhaeng University. This area is an hour to 90 minutes away from Victory Monument and the Grand Palace if you take a taxi. But there are numerous options that make transportation to these areas fast easy. I can take a boat taxi to one of these places and be there in 30-45 minutes. The other day I went to Suratthani. I took a taxi to the MRT (70 baht) — I could have taken the bus but was with my son and didn't want to do so — then hopped on the MRT. It dropped us off right at Hualamphong Station. Total cost for one person = 110 baht or $3.50. Seeing that Hualamphong is all the way on the other side of town, this is cheap in my view.

You can take a boat taxi, the MRT, or the BTS. I know you think the BTS is expensive but I think 42 baht for a trip that runs the length of the line is reasonable. Also, extensions of the BTS and MRT lines are under construction and one BTS line should be completed by the end of the year.

The boat taxis are relatively simply and you should be able to catch on after one or two trips.

Also, I gave you the website for buses. This should have made taking buses much easier.

Public transportation in Bangkok is quite good. Perhaps because of your inexperience here you're having problems with the transportation, I don't know, but when you say the transportation is questionable, I have to wonder what problems you're having.

I know it's natural to compare Thailand to China. I've been to China and Thailand and China are as different as mangoes and coconuts. If you want Chinese, go to Yaowarat. There are numerous Chinese restaurants there where very few foreigners go and even Chinese women running around. They're whores but they're Chinese. Otherwise, go to China for Chinese chicks.
Wifi is terrible, and so is mobile internet. Hotel wifi availability is something around 80%.
Again, I don't know what you're dealing with but I have WIFI in my home, roaming WIFI on my iPhone and on my laptop. My wife also has a computer as do my sons. Maybe once every three months we have an hour or so of downtime, that's it. Our speed is 16 / 1 mbs and it is more than sufficient. We no longer have cable and only watch movies and shows from my external hard drive and on YouTube.

As far as mobile internet, even our GPRS is reliable. Both my wife and I have it on our phones. The only time we ever have any trouble with it is when we're in Surat, out in the jungle where the signal is piss-poor. Other than this I am satisfied with our service and speed.