A Complete Dating Guide To Mainland Chinese Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

kai1275 wrote:Meh.... without better resolution, she is maybe a 6/10. Not too bad I suppose. She isn't prettier than pretty black women here in the states imo, but their problem is attitude based, not beauty. Same could be said for all AW. I live in a city where there are super hot ones all over the place. Still would not touch any of them with a 100 ft pole though.
I don't think most Pinays are particularly into dick size, similar to what I've seen in most other parts of Asia. The local based Pinays who are are in a tiny niche IMO. Don't know about the ones Stateside however.

Certain blacks can do well with some Pinays (including pretty ones) but there are also many who won't date blacks, some of whom are ok with dating whites.

One anecdote - I met a very pretty TV show host who was early 20s and had one child by a black African basketball player (Sierra Leone I think). But she left him cus he beat her and she was a strong middle class type who would not tolerate that.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Understand different people seem to have very different experiences in given country in many cases.

A few years ago, I spent some months in China traveling to various areas. Most of my experiences were pretty good.

I felt generally safe except for Xinjiang kids who specialize in snatching in places like Qingdao.

If anything, I felt I got discriminated in positive ways (a bit of special treatment). Being foreign seemed to work more in my favor for small things at least.

I didn't have major conflicts with Chinese people but I remember one guy at airport trying to cut ahead of everyone at security line by acting in a big hurry and saying his flight was leaving soon and he wouldn't make it in time. I called him out on it by asking him loudly what time his flight departs and when he said the time, I told him to get to the back of the line cus there's plenty of time and that my flight was a bit earlier than his. Hey did what I told him to do and apologized while some others in line started making positive noises about what I did.

Contrast Lad's experiences in Bangkok with anamericaninbangkok, totally different perceptions! My experiences with Asians have made me feel generally comfortable around them while Lad's have been very much the opposite (except for Filipinos of course).

Kai, you've emphasized some of the dangers and racism in China. But the reality is, for a foreigner who behaves in a way I consider reasonable, polite, and respectful, China is a relatively safe country. The parts of Africa, Latam, and Caribbean I've been too are far more dangerous. Phils is too! In those places, I meet a lot of serious violent crime victims (expats and locals). For example, in Rio, I didn't meet one expat who had been there for over 2 months who had not been a victim of some sort of robbery, mugging, or hold-up attempt. Even I was assaulted twice while there but fortunately escaped and did not lose anything.

Consider this contrast. Thailand is generally safer than Phils. if you act and behave like me. But for others, it might be the opposite. For example, sometimes you can get away with disrespecting Pinoys. I've shoved them away before when they got into my face or in one case, grabbed one who tried to put his hand in my bag. Here in Thailand, if you shove a local or even bump their shoulder hard in a rude way, you are likely to get a beat down by the guy and others nearby. However, Thais never get in my face the way Pinoys sometimes do so I have no reason to shove or grab. But some foreign guys who act macho and try to push around Thais usually learn the hard way. In Phils. they might get away with a bit more of loutish behavior against locals.

China is changing rapidly. The locals have more confidence then they did even a few years ago. I have no doubt that if you behave badly from a Chinese point of view, you open yourself up a lot of unnecessary risks. But if you are a polite and sensitive individual who can tolerate a lot ignorant behavior and walk away from trouble, I would imagine China is still one of the safer HA hotspots.
Last edited by Rock on June 1st, 2013, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Meh.... without better resolution, she is maybe a 6/10. Not too bad I suppose. She isn't prettier than pretty black women here in the states imo, but their problem is attitude based, not beauty. Same could be said for all AW. I live in a city where there are super hot ones all over the place. Still would not touch any of them with a 100 ft pole though.
I don't think most Pinays are particularly into dick size, similar to what I've seen in most other parts of Asia. The local based Pinays who are are in a tiny niche IMO. Don't know about the ones Stateside however.

Certain blacks can do well with some Pinays (including pretty ones) but there are also many who won't date blacks, some of whom are ok with dating whites.

One anecdote - I met a very pretty TV show host who was early 20s and had one child by a black African basketball player (Sierra Leone I think). But she left him cus he beat her and she was a strong middle class type who would not tolerate that.
Black African men hit their women. I can count on 1 hand the number of ones I know that do not. Their cultural baggage is terrible compatibility wise with certain other groups. That is much of the reason why many of them strongly prefer their own kind, because they know they cannot use their f***ed up logic peer pressure crap on regular westerners or others.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:Understand different people seem to have very different experiences in given country in many cases.

A few years ago, I spent some months in China traveling to various areas. Most of my experiences were pretty good.

I felt generally safe except for Xinjiang kids who specialize in snatching in places like Qingdao.

If anything, I felt I got discriminated in positive ways (a bit of special treatment). Being foreign seemed to work more in my favor for small things at least.

I didn't have major conflicts with Chinese people but I remember one guy at airport trying to cut ahead of everyone at security line by acting in a big hurry and saying his flight was leaving soon and he wouldn't make it in time. I called him out on it by asking him loudly what time his flight departs and when he said the time, I told him to get to the back of the line cus there's plenty of time and that my flight was a bit earlier than his. Hey did what I told him to do and apologized while some others in line started saying positive noises about what I did.

Contrast Lad's experiences in Bangkok with anamericaninbangkok, totally different perceptions! My experiences with Asians have made me feel generally comfortable around them while Lad's have been very much the opposite (except for Filipinos of course).

Kai, you've emphasized some of the dangers and racism in China. But the reality is, for a foreigner who behaves in a way I consider reasonable, polite, and respectful, China is a relatively safe country. The parts of Africa, Latam, and Caribbean I've been too are far more dangerous. Phils is too! In those places, I meet a lot of serious violent crime victims (expats and locals). For example, in Rio, I didn't meet one expat who had been there for over 2 months who had not been a victim of some sort of robbery, mugging, or hold-up attempt. Even I was assaulted twice while there but fortunately escaped and did not lose anything.

Consider this contrast. Thailand is generally safer than Phils. if you act and behave like me. But for others, it might be the opposite. For example, sometimes you can get away with disrespecting Pinoys. I've shoved them away before when they got into my face or in one case, grabbed one who tried to put his hand in my bag. Here in Thailand, if you shove a local or even bump their shoulder hard in a rude way, you are likely to get a beat down by the guy and others nearby. However, Thais never get in my face the way Pinoys sometimes do so I have no reason to shove or grab. But some foreign guys who act macho and try to push around Thais usually learn the hard way. In Phils. they might get away with a bit more of loutish behavior against locals.

China is changing rapidly. The locals have more confidence then they did even a few years ago. I have no doubt that if you behave badly from a Chinese point of view, you open yourself up a lot of unnecessary risks. But if you are a polite and sensitive individual who can tolerate a lot ignorant behavior and walk away from trouble, I would imagine China is still one of the safer HA hotspots.
See you have lots of travel experience in places somewhat similar to China. You generally know what you can get away with and not. But you calling someone out in a line at an airport is WAY f***ing different than calling out someone at a train station 500 miles away from the nearest International Airport. You would have probably gotten your ass kicked. I cannot remember what your race is, but if you are not Asian enough to pass for Chinese, you would have potentially gotten surrounded.

I am not saying China is not safe at all. In fact it has an extremely low death rate for violent crime, probably in the top 10, where the US is....f**k probably not in the top 50....I cannot recall the US' rankings on that, but the point is that, the rules are different for non-chinese. If you follow my advice, you will stay out of trouble. Little things like trying to break up a fight between a husband and a wife outside in the street by a well meaning Southern good ol boy from Alabama, would end up getting surround and confused. He might get his ass kicked too!

I'm trying to drive home a point by painting a picture with no f***ing sugar coat on it. People that fail to understand how China works, get swallowed up and lose. Everdred can back me up on this and already has. This guide will help many men who find girlfriends and wives, that might live in hometowns far from Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou/Hong Kong. The further you get away from a major hub, the more things can change. The less slack you will receive from Chinese for breaking their version of "Unwritten Baseball Rules".
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

China is in between a 3rd and 2nd world country, with the GDP of a 1st world country. Yes it is rapidly changing, but you cannot assume you are safe anywhere there, because their own people get f***ed up in strange situations every single day. With 1.3 billion people walking around 100 dead in a traffic accident, does not send enough shockwaves through the country. Also the lack of a free press allows strange shit like 16+ dead bodies falling out of a pickup truck that had a flat tire, spilling out on the street, leaves people scratching their heads like WTF? The bodies were picked up by police, people told go away nothing to see here, and no one has heard anything since.

Could have been nothing, but.......
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

kai1275 wrote:
Rock wrote:Understand different people seem to have very different experiences in given country in many cases.

I didn't have major conflicts with Chinese people but I remember one guy at airport trying to cut ahead of everyone at security line by acting in a big hurry and saying his flight was leaving soon and he wouldn't make it in time. I called him out on it by asking him loudly what time his flight departs and when he said the time, I told him to get to the back of the line cus there's plenty of time and that my flight was a bit earlier than his. Hey did what I told him to do and apologized while some others in line started saying positive noises about what I did.

See you have lots of travel experience in places somewhat similar to China. You generally know what you can get away with and not. But you calling someone out in a line at an airport is WAY f***ing different than calling out someone at a train station 500 miles away from the nearest International Airport. You would have probably gotten your a** kicked. I cannot remember what your race is, but if you are not Asian enough to pass for Chinese, you would have potentially gotten surrounded.

I am not saying China is not safe at all. In fact it has an extremely low death rate for violent crime, probably in the top 10, where the US is....f**k probably not in the top 50....I cannot recall the US' rankings on that, but the point is that, the rules are different for non-chinese. If you follow my advice, you will stay out of trouble. Little things like trying to break up a fight between a husband and a wife outside in the street by a well meaning Southern good ol boy from Alabama, would end up getting surround and confused. He might get his a** kicked too!

I'm trying to drive home a point by painting a picture with no f***ing sugar coat on it. People that fail to understand how China works, get swallowed up and lose. Everdred can back me up on this and already has. This guide will help many men who find girlfriends and wives, that might live in hometowns far from Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou/Hong Kong. The further you get away from a major hub, the more things can change. The less slack you will receive from Chinese for breaking their version of "Unwritten Baseball Rules".
I did not spend much time in 3rd tier China and none in 4th tier other than a 3 day train ride from Shanghai to Chengdu. But in second tier China, I was often shocked at what foreigners seemed to get away with. Even in Beijing, I remember this Greek dude (there cus his parents were expats) who would hang-out in coffee shops and restaurants openly smoke weed, very weird. I had a good American friend who had a very big mouth on him even tho he was small fry. He lived in Chengdu, Mianyang, and Chongqing for about a year. This guy would lecture bus drivers not to honk their horns so much as they were driving (cus it disturbed him), look at Chinese men in disgust when they spit in restaurant (common in cheaper places there), and do all kinds of stupid shit. Miraculously, he never got attacked or hurt. Some people have a guardian angel I guess.

But once in awhile, I would hear about foreigners being attacked in nightclubs/discos. One case in Shekou involved a mixed sex foreign group sitting at a table who got attacked out of the blue by a gang of pissed off Chinese (nobody seems to know why they were pissed off). From what I've seen, Chinese guys in attacking groups have no honor when it comes to beating women. They beat the foreign women just as badly as the guys! Perhaps some forum members will be glad to read that lol.

I don't know if Chinese nationalism or open disdain for foreigners has gotten stronger since I last spent an extended time there. But I can tell you that wherever I went, I did not hear the types of slurs that Ladislav says he experienced in Thailand. The only open hatred I noticed against foreigners was voiced against Japanese. Sometimes, taxi drivers would share their private views with me, esp. when I told them I sometimes spent time in Taiwan. As always, I would listen respectfully with an attitude to learn something but avoid saying anything non-PC (mainland Chinese version).

As far as public domestic disputes, its safest to quietly leave. Depending on circumstances, getting involved in USA could easily get you hurt badly or even killed. Safest is just to quietly disappear and 911 it. In Asia, just mind your own frickin business and don't even bother calling it in unless in fully developed place like SP/HK/Taiwan/SK/Japan. Even then, do it anonymously and away from scene.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

See you have lots of travel experience in places somewhat similar to China. You generally know what you can get away with and not. But you calling someone out in a line at an airport is WAY f***ing different than calling out someone at a train station 500 miles away from the nearest International Airport. You would have probably gotten your a** kicked. I cannot remember what your race is, but if you are not Asian enough to pass for Chinese, you would have potentially gotten surrounded.

I am not saying China is not safe at all. In fact it has an extremely low death rate for violent crime, probably in the top 10, where the US is....f**k probably not in the top 50....I cannot recall the US' rankings on that, but the point is that, the rules are different for non-chinese. If you follow my advice, you will stay out of trouble. Little things like trying to break up a fight between a husband and a wife outside in the street by a well meaning Southern good ol boy from Alabama, would end up getting surround and confused. He might get his a** kicked too!

I did not spend much time in 3rd tier China and none in 4th tier other than a 3 day train ride from Shanghai to Chengdu. But in second tier China, I was often shocked at what foreigners seemed to get away with. Even in Beijing, I remember this Greek dude (there cus his parents were expats) who would hang-out in coffee shops and restaurants openly smoke weed, very weird. I had a good American friend who had a very big mouth on him even tho he was small fry. He lived in Chengdu, Mianyang, and Chongqing for about a year. This guy would lecture bus drivers not to honk their horns so much as they were driving (cus it disturbed him), look at Chinese men in disgust when they spit in restaurant (common in cheaper places there), and do all kinds of stupid shit. Miraculously, he never got attacked or hurt. Some people have a guardian angel I guess.

But once in awhile, I would hear about foreigners being attacked in nightclubs/discos. One case in Shekou involved a mixed sex foreign group sitting at a table who got attacked out of the blue by a gang of pissed off Chinese (nobody seems to know why they were pissed off). From what I've seen, Chinese guys in attacking groups have no honor when it comes to beating women. They beat the foreign women just as badly as the guys! Perhaps some forum members will be glad to read that lol.

I don't know if Chinese nationalism or open disdain for foreigners has gotten stronger since I last spent an extended time there. But I can tell you that wherever I went, I did not hear the types of slurs that Ladislav says he experienced in Thailand. The only open hatred I noticed against foreigners was voiced against Japanese. Sometimes, taxi drivers would share their private views with me, esp. when I told them I sometimes spent time in Taiwan. As always, I would listen respectfully with an attitude to learn something but avoid saying anything non-PC (mainland Chinese version).

As far as public domestic disputes, its safest to quietly leave. Depending on circumstances, getting involved in USA could easily get you hurt badly or even killed. Safest is just to quietly disappear and 911 it. In Asia, just mind your own frickin business and don't even bother calling it in unless in fully developed place like SP/HK/Taiwan/SK/Japan. Even then, do it anonymously and away from scene.
Come on now. How many Chinese do you think even think knows what weed smells like when it is smoked? What if he was blazing that synthetic shit? You said he likes to hang out in these particular places, well if his parents have good guanxi with those people, if they did know, they would much rather take his money/patronage instead of get all fluffed up over a little weed. Do most police know what weed smells like? I doubt it. This isn't your average US high school we are talking about, this is China. I bet my wife doesn't know what weed smells like even though she know what it is.

Your small friend will get his, if he keeps it up. Luck does not last forever. I bet my intimidating stature could scare off some folks too, like cheating taxi drivers, but why try that? Eventually I may meet that one driver that does not give a shit about me or what I look like. I have lots to lose, they have almost nothing to lose, is another way I look at it.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

kai1275 wrote:China is in between a 3rd and 2nd world country, with the GDP of a 1st world country. Yes it is rapidly changing, but you cannot assume you are safe anywhere there, because their own people get f***ed up in strange situations every single day. With 1.3 billion people walking around 100 dead in a traffic accident, does not send enough shockwaves through the country. Also the lack of a free press allows strange shit like 16+ dead bodies falling out of a pickup truck that had a flat tire, spilling out on the street, leaves people scratching their heads like WTF? The bodies were picked up by police, people told go away nothing to see here, and no one has heard anything since.

Yea, I believe China has all kinds of nasty shit still happening. Some areas have people raised just to harvest organs to sell which of course involves killing them. There are incidents of cannibalism in certain parts too if you believe some reports. And there are indentured slaves and lots of cruel people who don't mind killing others (no matter how many) to make a profit as long as they can get away with it. Welcome to Chinese business ethics. But remember, the country accounts for a whole fifth of the whole planet in terms of population. In some senses, China is the world.

China's per capita GDP adjusted for PPP is around US$9K, neck and neck with Thailand which means it's still a far cry from USA/W. Europe and or developed Asia (US$30-60K) and just two thirds of Mexico's level. In actuality, China has pockets which are near developed Asia levels (Greater Beijing, Greater Shanghai, Greater Shenzhen/Guangzhou), select second tier cities which are approaching those levels, and a lot of very low income in hinterland and many 3rd to 4th tier cities. So it's like going to different types of countries depending on where you travel. But even the biggest cities are teeming with poor migrants from other parts of China. The wealth gap in these cities and elsewhere is glaringly high and certainly contributes to problems and danger. Combined with the xenophobic view common with so many Chinese means it behooves the visitor to learn how to behave in such a place before going.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:
kai1275 wrote:China is in between a 3rd and 2nd world country, with the GDP of a 1st world country. Yes it is rapidly changing, but you cannot assume you are safe anywhere there, because their own people get f***ed up in strange situations every single day. With 1.3 billion people walking around 100 dead in a traffic accident, does not send enough shockwaves through the country. Also the lack of a free press allows strange shit like 16+ dead bodies falling out of a pickup truck that had a flat tire, spilling out on the street, leaves people scratching their heads like WTF? The bodies were picked up by police, people told go away nothing to see here, and no one has heard anything since.

Yea, I believe China has all kinds of nasty shit still happening. Some areas have people raised just to harvest organs to sell which of course involves killing them. There are incidents of cannibalism in certain parts too if you believe some reports. And there are indentured slaves and lots of cruel people who don't mind killing others (no matter how many) to make a profit as long as they can get away with it. Welcome to Chinese business ethics. But remember, the country accounts for a whole fifth of the whole planet in terms of population. In some senses, China is the world.

China's per capita GDP adjusted for PPP is around US$9K, neck and neck with Thailand which means it's still a far cry from USA/W. Europe and or developed Asia (US$30-60K) and just two thirds of Mexico's level. In actuality, China has pockets which are near developed Asia levels (Greater Beijing, Greater Shanghai, Greater Shenzhen/Guangzhou), select second tier cities which are approaching those levels, and a lot of very low income in hinterland and many 3rd to 4th tier cities. So it's like going to different types of countries depending on where you travel. But even the biggest cities are teeming with poor migrants from other parts of China. The wealth gap in these cities and elsewhere is glaringly high and certainly contributes to problems and danger. Combined with the xenophobic view common with so many Chinese means it behooves the visitor to learn how to behave in such a place before going.
Good points. It's amazing when going to see my in-laws the number of brand new Porche Cayennes, Panameras, and Ferraris I see driving by poor farmers carrying vegetables in buckets across both shoulders on those poles. All in the same neighborhood!!!! In America, you do not see people driving Ferraris in a hood like 9th ward New Orleans, Gary Indiana, South Central, etc. those people would get robbed with the quickness! LOL
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

You have inspired me to write a Complete Dating Guide for Mexico. As someone who has visited over half of all Mexican states and who has dated women in several regions of the country, I can't think of anyone more qualified than myself. It will be useful to show that Tijuana is not the end-all be-all of Mexico and that beyond the border towns there is a nice country with good women.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

AmericanInMexico wrote:You have inspired me to write a Complete Dating Guide for Mexico. As someone who has visited over half of all Mexican states and who has dated women in several regions of the country, I can't think of anyone more qualified than myself. It will be useful to show that Tijuana is not the end-all be-all of Mexico and that beyond the border towns there is a nice country with good women.
Sounds dangerous!

Kidding, I bet Winston, Zboy, and all the others in HA would love to see guides that are actually useful. I will be blunt with you though, I hope your guide is brutally honest and not some company sponsored hand-job junk. There are enough of those. Anyone that lives in Texas knows how f***ed up Mexico is right now. If someone reads your guide they should be able to fall into some p***y *ahem I mean a wife, while reading it in the dark. :P
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

kai1275 wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:You have inspired me to write a Complete Dating Guide for Mexico. As someone who has visited over half of all Mexican states and who has dated women in several regions of the country, I can't think of anyone more qualified than myself. It will be useful to show that Tijuana is not the end-all be-all of Mexico and that beyond the border towns there is a nice country with good women.
Sounds dangerous!

Kidding, I bet Winston, Zboy, and all the others in HA would love to see guides that are actually useful. I will be blunt with you though, I hope your guide is brutally honest and not some company sponsored hand-job junk. There are enough of those. Anyone that lives in Texas knows how f***ed up Mexico is right now. If someone reads your guide they should be able to fall into some p***y *ahem I mean a wife, while reading it in the dark. :P
Don't worry, I will be brutally honest. I will even begin the guide by saying the one thing no one wants to hear: "to succeed in Mexico, you MUST learn Spanish. Period/Full Stop!" Mexico is not Europe and you will not have any success at all if you don't learn Spanish.

As for crime, I will be honest about that too. I have been robbed at gunpoint in Mexico and will include details of that incident in the guide. At the same time, it will not all be "I survived Mexico and lived to tell the tale!" The fact is that while I got robbed once in Mexico, I have been robbed TWICE in the United States, so crime isn't a unique phenomenon to Mexico.

I will also be brutally honest about how the women are. Mexico is not the kind of country where it is easy to get a casual fling. While one-night stands do happen in Mexico, they are not a common occurrence. You cannot go to a nightclub and "game" a woman into sleeping with you that night, since nightclubs serve a different purpose in Mexico than in the USA. In the USA, the purpose of nightclubs is for people to "hook up". In Mexico, the purpose is for people to hang out with their friends (both male and female).

That brings me to another point. Mexico is far more heterosocial than the United States is (heterosocial is not the same thing as heterosexual. Heterosocial refers to having a social life with individuals of the opposite sex that does not include dating or sex. American women are predominantly heterosexual but homosocial, meaning that while they are sexually attracted to men, they prefer hanging out only with other women and view men as creeps to be avoided). "Girls night out" is a foreign concept to Mexican women, who cannot understand why they would want to exclude 50% of the population from their social life. The genders mix much more freely in Mexico and male-female relations feel far more natural. At universities, fraternities and sororities are non-existent.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, as Rock says, if it kicks off here, just leave.

The other day a Chinese guy knifed another Chinese guy in a road rage incident.

Who cares how tough looking you look - if the other dude has a knife or gun then all bets are off.

I'll also add that there are a couple of peddlers here on the highway overpass selling all kinds of weapons - bb guns, stun sticks, well I'm not sure exactly what any of it is but remember every kind of shit you can buy in other countries is MADE here.

As to bars, I've heard lots of stories of foreigners getting drugged and robbed in bars - maybe they're urban myths, who knows.

You can avoid 80% of crime by just staying inside after 8pm.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

AmericanInMexico wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Sounds dangerous!

Don't worry, I will be brutally honest. I will even begin the guide by saying the one thing no one wants to hear: "to succeed in Mexico, you MUST learn Spanish. Period/Full Stop!" Mexico is not Europe and you will not have any success at all if you don't learn Spanish.

As for crime, I will be honest about that too. I have been robbed at gunpoint in Mexico and will include details of that incident in the guide. At the same time, it will not all be "I survived Mexico and lived to tell the tale!" The fact is that while I got robbed once in Mexico, I have been robbed TWICE in the United States, so crime isn't a unique phenomenon to Mexico.

I will also be brutally honest about how the women are. Mexico is not the kind of country where it is easy to get a casual fling. While one-night stands do happen in Mexico, they are not a common occurrence. You cannot go to a nightclub and "game" a woman into sleeping with you that night, since nightclubs serve a different purpose in Mexico than in the USA. In the USA, the purpose of nightclubs is for people to "hook up". In Mexico, the purpose is for people to hang out with their friends (both male and female).

That brings me to another point. Mexico is far more heterosocial than the United States is (heterosocial is not the same thing as heterosexual. Heterosocial refers to having a social life with individuals of the opposite sex that does not include dating or sex. American women are predominantly heterosexual but homosocial, meaning that while they are sexually attracted to men, they prefer hanging out only with other women and view men as creeps to be avoided). "Girls night out" is a foreign concept to Mexican women, who cannot understand why they would want to exclude 50% of the population from their social life. The genders mix much more freely in Mexico and male-female relations feel far more natural. At universities, fraternities and sororities are non-existent.
Gunpoint twice in the US? I havent had that happen since high school....LOL i grew up in the 90s....

Mexico is like a better version of the same social groups of Mexicans here. Many guys I grew up with always told me if I wanted %to get a good Mexicana, to just get one like they do, and import her in. Legally or illegally, lol. You are 100% right about learning Spanish. Without that, it's useless getting a Mexican woman. Besides, you need to know what the f**k is being said around you. Spanish isnt hard anyway, too k me about 3 years to learn it. Its probably faster these days with all the advanced learning tools available.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

xiongmao wrote:Yeah, as Rock says, if it kicks off here, just leave.

The other day a Chinese guy knifed another Chinese guy in a road rage incident.

Who cares how tough looking you look - if the other dude has a knife or gun then all bets are off.

I'll also add that there are a couple of peddlers here on the highway overpass selling all kinds of weapons - bb guns, stun sticks, well I'm not sure exactly what any of it is but remember every kind of shit you can buy in other countries is MADE here.

As to bars, I've heard lots of stories of foreigners getting drugged and robbed in bars - maybe they're urban myths, who knows.

You can avoid 80% of crime by just staying inside after 8pm.
LOL! The most popular weapon in China is baseball bats! I saw those airguns, but my wife and I thought, who would use that? Some idiot once got into serious trouble for using an airgun to threaten others in China recently.

There is probably good money to be made in China selling baseball bats right now. They like those small ones too. The ones people buy here for keepsakes/collectables. The women like them too. Maybe we can start importing them....LOL