Playing online games in China. Need help.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Playing online games in China. Need help.

Post by The Professor »

I've attempted to play a few games with my friends back in America but the lag makes the game completely unplayable.

I figured I would give Chinese games a shot since the lag won't be nearly as bad since I would be playing with others from the mainland. Unfortunately, most chinese games seem to require an "anti-fatigue code" or "anti-fatigue ID" or "real name ID". I've tried making up names and numbers but it's not working. Are they checking against a database or is there just some sort of numeric pattern that all the IDs follow? If I need to get one, how would I do so? Can laowai just not get them?

I'm currently playing the Filipino edition of Final Combat, the chinese clone of Team Fortress 2. I can play on that one just fine but when I try to sign up on the Chinese one it says I need that code/ID. The game itself isn't bad in spite of being an obvious rip-off, but the lag is still pretty bad, though not as bad as when I'm trying to play games with my friends back in the States, so I really need to figure this thing out. I've asked my Chinese friends but their English isn't good enough for them to understand what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows a good place to ask about this please point me in the right direction.