One-way ticket to the Philippines: possible?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: One-way ticket to the Philippines: possible?

Post by Winston »

Is there a website that lists all the countries that require onward tickets or return tickets? If so, can someone post a link to it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

As far I know people from all countries need an onward ticket.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Of the countries I've been to recently, it's only enforced (checked) for tourists to Philippines and Taiwan. And the airlines normally check on behalf of immigration for those two countries cus if immigration does not let em in, the airline is responsible to fly them out if they don't have money for ticket.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by hammanta »

Ghost wrote:I have entered the Phils 3 times and no one ever checked. But when I was coming back to Phils from Singapore, the f***ing lady at the counter wouldn't let me check in because I didn't have an onward ticket. The f***ing Philippines doesn't give a shit about onward tickets, but Singapore does? What bullshit. I kept my cool though, and then bought a ticket which I later refunded.
Yea though I've always had a round trip ticket, I doubt ever remembering customs asking for my itinerary. It's the airlines but I can't see them really giving a shit. And if they do, as you mentioned just buy one of expedia, pay a little extra for 24 hour cancellation and you should be fine.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Billy wrote:As far I know people from all countries need an onward ticket.
... unless you have a work visa. Cambodia was an exception, maybe still is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Can the onward ticket be domestic such as from Manila to Cebu? Or does it have to be out of the country?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
Can the onward ticket be domestic such as from Manila to Cebu? Or does it have to be out of the country?
Haha, of course it's gotta be out of the country. As far is immigration is concerned, the Philippines is the Philippines no matter where. You need an onward ticket out. But I think they are flexible on the time frame, like even a ticket with an onward flight 3 or 4 months later might be ok.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I had a 6 month round trip ticket with philippine airlines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm booking a ticket now from Philippines to Thailand, because I need an onward ticket to enter the Philippines. So I'm wondering, does Thailand require an onward ticket too? I hope not, otherwise I'll have to keep buying tons of onward tickets, which is stupid and wasteful and pointless.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm booking a ticket now from Philippines to Thailand, because I need an onward ticket to enter the Philippines. So I'm wondering, does Thailand require an onward ticket too? I hope not, otherwise I'll have to keep buying tons of onward tickets, which is stupid and wasteful and pointless.
I've never been asked to show one to airline or immigration on my many trips to Thailand from various countries including Manila to Bangkok fight on Cebu Pacific.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey I got an idea. If you know you will be going to Philippines multiple times, just get a cheap onward ticket far in advance, like maybe months or years in advance. That way, you can use the same onward ticket many times. lol. That's what Rock does I hear.

Cebu Pacific has cheap onward tickets if you book far in advance. Just book very far in advance so you can use it multiple times. lol. Preferably pick a destination you may possibly go to of course, so the ticket will be more likely to be usable.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hey I got an idea. If you know you will be going to Philippines multiple times, just get a cheap onward ticket far in advance, like maybe months or years in advance. That way, you can use the same onward ticket many times. lol. That's what Rock does I hear.

Cebu Pacific has cheap onward tickets if you book far in advance. Just book very far in advance so you can use it multiple times. lol. Preferably pick a destination you may possibly go to of course, so the ticket will be more likely to be usable.
It works at least within say 6 months, maybe you can get away with even more. I wouldn't try years though.

At times, I've had a travel agent book and confirm me a flight out of Philippines on Philippine Airlines, email me the official itinerary, then later allow me to cancel the booking with no charge. Then I printed out the itinerary with booking ref. and used it with Cebu Pacific. They took it at face and did not check reference code since it's not theirs (it was Philippine Airlines flight).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

For those going to the Philippines soon and want a cheap onward ticket:

There's a promo fare now on Cebu Pacific for Manila to Hong Kong until May 31, 2016 for just 888 php, which is less than 20 dollars USD! So if you want a cheap onward ticket that u will probably never use, in order to enter the Philippines, this is a good chance to get it. See here:

https://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/se ... promo.aspx

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

There's a company that sells onward tickets for only 9.99. Never used them so I have no idea how legit they are. But for 9.99 they might be worth a try:

https://flyonward.com/
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

davewe wrote:There's a company that sells onward tickets for only 9.99. Never used them so I have no idea how legit they are. But for 9.99 they might be worth a try:

https://flyonward.com/
Wow, if that's legit, great find!

Besides Phils., might be great for countries like China and perhaps Russia.