Check Out Thailand (Chiang Mai)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Check Out Thailand (Chiang Mai)

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Check out this video of the street food of Chiang Mai in Thailand. Go to time index 4:28, take a look at the big smile from the Thai girl. Notice her clothes, her wallet, etc. She is refined even though poor. She uses the term "Ka" at the end of a sentence, indicating she is a "good" girl....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfBrxaN51rc

This is the kind of women I'm looking for, exactly what she looks like is what I want....

Me thinks Winston should go to Thailand to Chiang Mai instead of China :-)
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Check Out Thailand (Chiang Mai)

Post by pete98146 »

DevilsAdvocate wrote:Check out this video of the street food of Chiang Mai in Thailand. Go to time index 4:28, take a look at the big smile from the Thai girl. Notice her clothes, her wallet, etc. She is refined even though poor. She uses the term "Ka" at the end of a sentence, indicating she is a "good" girl....

This is the kind of women I'm looking for, exactly what she looks like is what I want....

When I come to a site called "Happier Abroad" and/or anything with a similar name, THIS is the type of info that I'm seeking! Not to knock Winston (and anything that I say that may be construed as negative is intended as constructive criticism), but it doesn't have to be ground breaking truth seeking material every single moment. This guy does it right in my opinion. He makes it light, positive and fun and more importantly he gets out of the apartment and gives us videos that we want to see. I'd absolutely LOVE to see Winston do something similar instead of spitting out tired, long winded and over thought essays about the problems dating in the West. Don't know about you guys but I can only read SO much about negative dating issues without getting bored. Been there....done that over and over and over again.

Not only that, I think we polarize TOO MUCH about women on here. There is more to Happier Abroad then women issues. So hats off to this JC guy. I enjoy his work. Reminded me a bit of Winston's Russia videos.

And yes DA, Winston should check out Chiang Mai. I've been there and it's a great place to retire.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

JC sounds like he has a lot of knowledge and is a problem solver. You can subscribe to his Youtube site and get all his videos.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

I agree Pete, this is really what we need a lot more of on happierabroad. A bit of moaning is fine but not when it becomes the central purpose of the forum.
pete98146 wrote:
DevilsAdvocate wrote:Check out this video of the street food of Chiang Mai in Thailand. Go to time index 4:28, take a look at the big smile from the Thai girl. Notice her clothes, her wallet, etc. She is refined even though poor. She uses the term "Ka" at the end of a sentence, indicating she is a "good" girl....

When I come to a site called "Happier Abroad" and/or anything with a similar name, THIS is the type of info that I'm seeking! Not to knock Winston (and anything that I say that may be construed as negative is intended as constructive criticism), but it doesn't have to be ground breaking truth seeking material every single moment. This guy does it right in my opinion. He makes it light, positive and fun and more importantly he gets out of the apartment and gives us videos that we want to see. I'd absolutely LOVE to see Winston do something similar instead of spitting out tired, long winded and over thought essays about the problems dating in the West. Don't know about you guys but I can only read SO much about negative dating issues without getting bored. Been there....done that over and over and over again.

Not only that, I think we polarize TOO MUCH about women on here. There is more to Happier Abroad then women issues. So hats off to this JC guy. I enjoy his work. Reminded me a bit of Winston's Russia videos.

And yes DA, Winston should check out Chiang Mai. I've been there and it's a great place to retire.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've also heard good things about Chiang Mai. I saw a TV show about it and the women were way more beautiful than I've ever seen in Bangkok.

Thai women aren't Chinese women though!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

pete98146 wrote:

JC actually has a paid service he offers, I joined the highest level which is $30 per month. He has a good little business he's running there but I think maybe he's doing too much work, but then again it looks like he's having fun doing it. He interviews a lot of people there who have come over from the USA. He shows you places for rent like houses for $500 per month. He gives a lot of insider advice to how things are there and what to lookout for. Like one thing some may not know is the scorpions over there :-)

JC seems to be an incredibly nice guy, very smart, very in control at all times, he's a real stand up guy.

He was married to a Thai girl, I think maybe 7 years or something like that I can't remember, and he speaks Thai, taught himself with wife.

He said he would never marry a Thai girl again :-)

The way he thinks now, and I've talked with him about this, is that he is for just having a nice mutually beneficial relationship with a nice Thai girl half your age. She gets what she wants, you get what you what, it's simple, basic, fair, and completely happy and mutually beneficial. And it can last for as long as the two parties want it to last.

If it's over in one day, there are plenty more of those nice sweet Thai girls half your age to find.

After having been burned by this Filipina, I tend to agree with his philosophy towards this, which I guess to a large extent is the Buddha philosophy itself.....

Now I'm not saying I'm against marriage, because I'm not against it at all, but I recognize in this modern day and age that this is a trap for men, and that by getting married you give up your power, because you cannot hit your wife when she gets out of hand, or doesn't want to have sex with you, therefore now she has all the power, and doesn't know how to use it properly, and will wield this power against you in a childish and selfish manner and withhold sex from you, and turn you into a lap dog to do what she wishes otherwise you won't be getting any sex tonight. And since us guys are ruled by our need for sex, we usually always break down and turn into the lap dog, as this is the easiest route for p***y.

Well I'm now in my prime as a man, with money and some power, in the USA that power is almost meaningless because there are lot's of men with far more power than I. But in a country like Thailand that power can be much greater and more useful. I can have "mutually beneficial" relationships with Thai girls half my age, so that means like 22/23 year old girls for me. I say yum yum gimmie some. Or in my case all I really need is one. When she gets out of hand or leaves me then I'll have to break down and find another one, woes me :-)

But get married and get stuck being a lap dog?

No thanks, I'll pass on that....

Am I going to go to Hell? I sure hope not, I accept Christ as my savior that's for sure, I hope that is enough, if it isn't enough then I may be screwed.

I'm not going to be a "whore monger", and a "player", or "playboy", whatever you call it, but I'm also not going to be a lap dog either.

If the girl is honest, and she seems to love me and I her, we can have a relationship together forever, but I think the mathematical chances of that happening is very slim, so I'll be practical and not live in a fairy tale world that doesn't seem to exist as far as I can tell.

Signed,

Devils Advocate
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

JC seems to be targeting retired Americans. I looked at his videos of apartments and houses and personally I think you can do better in Mexico. Apartments tend to be small in Thailand whereas Mexico has the same "make it big" mentality as America. You tend to get a lot of space. I am living in a fully furnished two bedroom house 300 feet from the beach of the Pacific Ocean, have my own parking space, and electricity is free - for $600 a month. When I was in Bangkok, I rented a small one bedroom apartment in a gated community for $500 a month and had to pay the electric bill for the air-conditioning. The average retiree I have talked to in Baja is paying $300 a month for an apartment. I wonder why retirees would go all the way to Thailand and pay an expensive airline ticket, when you can get the same deal in Mexico? Additionally, Thai is difficult to learn and most people don't speak English there. Of course, the food in Thailand is a big plus. I definitely would join JC's website if I ever went to Chiang Mai.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

MrPeabody wrote:JC seems to be targeting retired Americans. I looked at his videos of apartments and houses and personally I think you can do better in Mexico. Apartments tend to be small in Thailand whereas Mexico has the same "make it big" mentality as America. You tend to get a lot of space. I am living in a fully furnished two bedroom house 300 feet from the beach of the Pacific Ocean, have my own parking space, and electricity is free - for $600 a month. When I was in Bangkok, I rented a small one bedroom apartment in a gated community for $500 a month and had to pay the electric bill for the air-conditioning. The average retiree I have talked to in Baja is paying $300 a month for an apartment. I wonder why retirees would go all the way to Thailand and pay an expensive airline ticket, when you can get the same deal in Mexico? Additionally, Thai is difficult to learn and most people don't speak English there. Of course, the food in Thailand is a big plus. I definitely would join JC's website if I ever went to Chiang Mai.

Yes but what about the girls down there? Aren't they so used to seeing white guys that they really don't care about them? Or no?

Apparently in Thailand like Chiang Mai the girls will be really interested, because they know you got "money", and they know that you could help them, so you are of a big interest to them.

Whereas the Mexican girls I don't really think that's true, or is it?

I think that's the main reason us guys want to go over there, it's all about the girls, not about the lower costs of living on top of it but without a girl what is a man to do?

But yeah if you already have a girl then you don't have to worry.....

Plus for me I guess I do like those Asian girls, they are petite and classy and feminine and smart and exotic looking, and I like that a lot....
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Great little video. Thanks for sharing it. I also would like to see similar videos by Winston and others who are living abroad sharing their experiences from the ground.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've spent the entire day watching JCs videos. I really like how he shows the viewing the costs of food, lodging and entertainment. To me, this stuff is much more cutting edge material. It's a good example of internal vs external reporting. What do I mean by that? JC really doesn't go into deep deep thoughs about HIS thoughts and experiences in these videos and therefore he keeps the perspective external ie he allows the viewer to view the data and come up with their own conclusions which is very refreshing.

Not only that but he seems to have a mission statement and good organization for his site which is also a breath of fresh air.

Just finished his vids on Cambodia. Not sure I'd ever want to live there but it would be a interesting place to visit. Cool that you can rent a beach bungalow in Sihanoukville for $10 a night and eat $3 bbq dinners.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The more JC videos I see, the more impressed I am. His video on the monk in the cave is awesome. He is really doing this right. He gives facts and solutions to problems with a positive demeanor and without any bullshit theorizing about the nature of culture and women. If someone wants to go to Thailand, the information you get in his website would probably give you enough information to do it without making costly mistakes or going through a painful learning curve.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Xiongmao,

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate? Not contesting your statement, just curious as to what your views are. I've spent significant time in both countries and like em both, so.... would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Haha I'm sure he means that Chinese women are way hotter, and I'll have to agree with him on that.

There are admittedly quite a lot of Chinese Thai women in Bangkok though.

CerealKiller wrote:
Xiongmao,

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate? Not contesting your statement, just curious as to what your views are. I've spent significant time in both countries and like em both, so.... would love to hear your opinion on this matter.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Ethan_sg,

That would seem to be the overwhelming opinion on HA. Not exactly sure why, to be honest. Plenty of hot Thai women for everyone, I'd say. For pure physical beauty, the females in Bangkok can compete with any large Chinese city I've lived in.

That said, if girls wearing expensive clothes are a major factor in one's decision, might have to go with China. Or if you just like seeing a lot of knee-high boots (pretty damn hard to resist) and tons of tights worn underneath skirts/shorts... Shanghai is tough to argue with. Heh.

It's interesting how the guys on this forum see the ethnic Chinese women as the only redeeming quality in Thailand. Again, not contesting the statement, just curious as to their thoughts on the matter... :lol:
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Cerealkiller,

Haha I never like debating beauty, it's far too subjective for logical debate.

It's just a matter of popular taste I guess. I'm sure there are quite a lot of guys here who like Thai girls, but perhaps more guys here prefer Chinese girls.

To me it's very self evident why Chinese girls are more beautiful but that's only because it's my taste.

To each his own.