Why do Koreans hate Japanese?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Why do Koreans hate Japanese?

Post by samurai_panda »

Every Korean, or any Chinese person, really REALLY hate Japanese. They dislike them to the point where the Chinese include resisting Japanese invaders in their national anthem.

What did the Japanese do that was so bad? World war II happened a long time ago, and Japan paid a heavy price for it. EX. 2 atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The Japanese are the most friendliest and polite people I ever met. They are willing to learn and practice English.

Koreans, on the other hand, are hot-headed nationalists who have an overly pushy attitude.

So what's the deal? Smoke ganja.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

dude...read your history books....koreans hate japanese cuz they dont smell like garlic and kimchi.

the chinese hate them b/c in the 1930s japan threatened to unleash godzilla on shanghai and beijing which spurned WWII and the atomic bomb drops on hiroshima and nagasaki, which will make any survivor friendly and polite in a fraction of a nuclear winter.

ps....ive had a few beers already
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do Koreans hate Japanese?

Post by zboy1 »

samurai_panda wrote:Every Korean, or any Chinese person, really REALLY hate Japanese. They dislike them to the point where the Chinese include resisting Japanese invaders in their national anthem.

What did the Japanese do that was so bad? World war II happened a long time ago, and Japan paid a heavy price for it. EX. 2 atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The Japanese are the most friendliest and polite people I ever met. They are willing to learn and practice English.

Koreans, on the other hand, are hot-headed nationalists who have an overly pushy attitude.

I agree! It's so stupid and petty! It's because of past history that Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese all hate each other. It's pointless! The thing is, this isn't only limited in Northeast Asia: Indians and Pakistanis hate each other, English and Irish hate each other, Palestinians and Jews hate each other, etc,. In other words, its human nature to be racist, tribalistic, and nationalistic--unlike what the liberal PC crowd will tell you. Human beings will always need an "enemy" to focus their hate on and create problems with other human beings.
samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Post by samurai_panda »

Human beings will always need an "enemy" to focus their hate on and create problems with other human beings.
But why? War is a failure of diplomacy. We can learn from each other and reach an understanding. Humanity as a whole would progress if we stopped killing each other.

What is the basis of nationalism? Do the elites want to direct the anger of the masses on external threats rather than question their governments?

Question authority. It's your duty as a sovereign patriot.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

samurai_panda wrote:
Human beings will always need an "enemy" to focus their hate on and create problems with other human beings.
But why? War is a failure of diplomacy. We can learn from each other and reach an understanding. Humanity as a whole would progress if we stopped killing each other.

What is the basis of nationalism? Do the elites want to direct the anger of the masses on external threats rather than question their governments?

Question authority. It's your duty as a sovereign patriot.
Maybe they would have signed a peace treaty if your whore of a mother spread her legs for them?? Ever consider that?
:lol:
samurai_panda
Freshman Poster

Post by samurai_panda »

Hey, at least my mother got paid for her services.

Yeah nigguh! Happy Endings!
SomeoneCoolerThanYou
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do Koreans hate Japanese?

Post by SomeoneCoolerThanYou »

samurai_panda wrote:Every Korean, or any Chinese person, really REALLY hate Japanese. They dislike them to the point where the Chinese include resisting Japanese invaders in their national anthem.

Koreans don't hate the Japanese. And not all of us are hot-headed nationalists with an overly pushy attitude. I hate Nationalism.

What did the Japanese do that was so bad? Think about the Korean massacre. Taiwan and the Philippines were the only Japanese colonies that they actually treated decently, like model colonies.

A heavy price? Atomic bombs? How would you like it if your neighbor came one day to kill off your identity and existence? At least the Japanese killed in the bomb had their dignity of being Japanese- and many Koreans died being forced to be something they're not. Look at it in our shoes.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Some old people, the few remaining with memories of WWII, are still be resentful because of the absolutely cruel and heavy-handed way Japanese occupied China and Korea. And funnily enough, what diplomacy couldn't achieve, the globalisation of pop culture in the SE Asia region has worked miracles. I still remember several categories of Japanese media being banned in South Korea up until the mid 90's (videogames being one), until Japanese pop culture became just too enticing and lucrative not to be introduced there as well. We are at a point now where Japan and South Korea are virtually interchangeable in terms of youth culture and modern lifestyle. It's now quite common to see creative media made in Korea being repackaged and franchised for Japanese audiences, and vice-versa. In terms of youth culture, the two countries are virtually interchangeable.

China is a slightly different matter, yet if one were to look at Hong Kong and Taiwan as forebearers of the societal changes in mainland China, it's quite clear that they wil be soon following the same path. The paradox of Japanese culture is that, they're managing to win the world over with exactly those "decadent" products that many old "fathers of the nation" despised as a product of Western corruption.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Samurai_panda,

Are you serious? Or is this a joke post? If you've been stricken with a mean case of yellow fever, better read up on those history books my friend. Fast.

I can see the next post: Why aren't Jews totally enamored with blue-eyed blonde Aryan Germans? I just don't understand...