Friendly chats with Filipina girls on DIA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Friendly chats with Filipina girls on DIA

Post by publicduende »

Hello,

Just today I tried a little experiment. I opened up a profile on DIA clearly stating that I was married and not looking for romance of sexual involvements. I was expecting 0 (zero) mails or responses. I was actually quite surprised I could chat to a couple of cute young women with the idea of just being friends. Devoid of sexual tension and agendas, I actually enjoyed the conversations, well one more than the other, but still...

I would have also expected the usual questions about money and improbable family trouble popping up. But no, just a friendly chat with two girls with a sense of humour, and (at least in one case) a couple of nice stories to share...
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Loads of DIA girls don't seem to be looking for husbands, god knows what they're on there for. I guess many are bored and married - this group are very enthusiastic users of dating sites.

Filipinas do love to chat though. And not all are poor - far from it. My Filipina friends live in a lovely house and can afford to go to Jollibees as often as they want.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

xiongmao wrote:Loads of DIA girls don't seem to be looking for husbands, god knows what they're on there for. I guess many are bored and married - this group are very enthusiastic users of dating sites.
I don't think it's as innocent as this. I think married women and women with boyfriends do a lot of fishing in their spare time just like some guys do. Women do feel the need to trade up more than men do especially if they don't have kids yet. So maybe they are open to the idea of cheating if there is enough of a comfort zone built up. A few of them may be just looking for innocent friendship but they are always "open" to serendipity or some other b.s.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

xiongmao wrote:Loads of DIA girls don't seem to be looking for husbands, god knows what they're on there for. I guess many are bored and married - this group are very enthusiastic users of dating sites.

Filipinas do love to chat though. And not all are poor - far from it. My Filipina friends live in a lovely house and can afford to go to Jollibees as often as they want.
I wouldn't qualify as an expert on the matter, as all of my dating & mating precedents with Filipinas trace back to at least 6 years ago. Yet I cannot but think that maybe not all Pinays are that desperate to be sucked out of a rural life of poverty and sacrifice, or only talking to somebody who will hopelessly court them on their first chat. Those I talked to were around 23-25 years old, not sure whether they were married or single. The important thing to me is that I made it clear I was only looking for a friendship, or just a friendly chat, and they acted respectfully putting up a rather enjoyable conversation. Without trying to scam, or revealing themselves as ladyboys (not that I have anything against them, in terms of a friendship), or other forms of nastiness.

I will try again next weekend, if I have a free hour or two... I must say though that I would feel a bit wierd, if I were to chat again with somebody 10/15 years younger than me... I'll probably try a 30-something...even if she has (as it's likely) 2 or 3 kids already and a host of family trouble... :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

publicduende wrote:
I will try again next weekend, if I have a free hour or two... I must say though that I would feel a bit wierd, if I were to chat again with somebody 10/15 years younger than me... I'll probably try a 30-something...even if she has (as it's likely) 2 or 3 kids already and a host of family trouble... :)
10/15 years younger is considered practically the same age in the Philippines :)
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Wow. That's not a bad idea.

I imagine that would act as a good filter, so you can chat with quality women.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

DIA?

:noob:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rocky Top wrote:DIA?

I don't have interest in pursuing romance, had I been (more) serious I would have looked for better options. I think DIA ticks all boxes for an experiment: free, lots of profiles and an indication of who's online. If you know better sites with the same features please enlighten me, I'll be happy to try them.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

DIA = Dateinasia.com
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Rocky Top wrote:DIA?

Well what site would you recommend, then? I'm a "noob" as well when it comes to online dating.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

I think he was saying he was a nood and was inquiring to what DIA was... just my two cents... :)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol. My last Chinese gf was 12 years younger than me, and I didn't feel that was much of an age difference at all.

My uncle's Thai gf is 35 and he's a few years North of 60. Again, it's not unusual in Asia.

Asian women are considered old at 27 (that's not me saying they are, chat to any and they'll tell you this themselves).

I've had 0 success on DIA but then it's many order of magnitudes more difficult to find a Chinese gf than it is a Filipina.

There are now 100's (maybe millions) of Filipinas on my own site. Some are smoking hot and I'd love to chat to them but I don't mix business with pleasure.

What I will say is that regardless of which site you use, looking for a wife online takes many, many, hours of effort.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

xiongmao wrote: What I will say is that regardless of which site you use, looking for a wife online takes many, many, hours of effort.
I'm just getting my feet wet with this online dating thing. I think it's well worth it though. Otherwise you're spending way more time running around places networking with friends. Cold approaching girls also takes a lot of time and effort.