Why is Taiwan so unfriendly, cold, closed, repressed, self-hating, lonely, alienating, negative, soulless?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Why is Taiwan so unfriendly, antisocial, alienating, lon

Post by Falcon »

Wow, you actually took Dianne and Angelo to Taiwan. Hope they enjoyed the land of uptight, narrow-minded, conformist robots lol.

Is Taiwan a place that they would eventually like to settle in, or did the weird vibe in Taiwan just turn them off? Haha.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Winston, my son! Why you criticize Taiwan?

Taiwan people are known for their good heart. They are honest, hard-working, upright citizens. Not all Taiwan people are bad.

Taiwanese are good and friendly and hospitable, not cold zombie. Don't say we hate stranger.

We have Confucian value and best morals in the world. Taiwan is very good place to raise children to respect parent and study hard. Good place to marry and have stable life with house and car and caring in-law living with you. If you have common sense, please love Taiwan like Mama and Baba do.

Love,
Daddy Wu
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I hated Taiwan because the people there were so cold and unemotional. Also, some Taiwanese people are quite rude, too. While Mainland Chinese can be even ruder, at least they can be warm once you get to know them.

The problem with Taiwan is that the Japanese influence in the country has negatively impacted the society there; in other words, people there act very robotic like most Japanese--but Taiwanese aren't as polite or possess the charm that some Japanese people I've met have.

Also, Taiwanese people are quite Westernized, so the same social ills in America can be found in Taiwan as well.

Foreigners seem to like Taiwan more than China because Taiwanese people are White worshippers who are filled with self-loathing. So, in a way, Taiwanese people are similar to many Asian Americans in that regard.

Overall, Taiwan is a modern, first world country, but I prefer China more.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It is not easy to compare people in Taiwan with people living on mainland China. Taiwan is tiny spot compared to the mainland. 23 million vs. 1370 million people. Of course the choice of people you meet in China is much bigger than in Taiwan.

23 million people totally in all Taiwan is far less than the number of all people living in Metropolitan Tokyo area which is around 38 million.

Taiwan is not a bad place to visit as a tourist for a short while, but I prefer to live and to work in Japan, no question about it.

Taiwan is not known as a nice place for dating and to meet friendly women, there are many ordinary men in Taiwan looking for a foreign wife, either from mainland China, or Vietnam, also Philippines.
chamele0n
Freshman Poster

Post by chamele0n »

Winston, your analysis of Taiwan is spot on. When I was reading it it was like I myself wrote everything you say. I used to be on roosh forum and they banned me because I spoke the the truth about Taiwan and would not back down from saying it sucked and that your opinion was legit. There was some discussion of you on that thread too (google the Mainland Chinese vs Taiwanese girls thread). I thought that Roosh was a freethinker but apparently not. I don't understand why those losers keep claiming Taiwan is so great for dating when it simply is NOT as any avid traveler PUA can attest. It would be nice to to get your opinion of that thread too.

Anyway there are deeper issues at play in what makes Taiwan the hole it is that I understand but would only share with friends. This is my opening post on the forum so just wanted to express my support for the good analysis and your work. You are the smartest Taiwanese I have seen.
chamele0n
Freshman Poster

Post by chamele0n »

Falcon wrote:Winston, my son! Why you criticize Taiwan?

Taiwan people are known for their good heart. They are honest, hard-working, upright citizens. Not all Taiwan people are bad.

Taiwanese are good and friendly and hospitable, not cold zombie. Don't say we hate stranger.

We have Confucian value and best morals in the world. Taiwan is very good place to raise children to respect parent and study hard. Good place to marry and have stable life with house and car and caring in-law living with you. If you have common sense, please love Taiwan like Mama and Baba do.

Love,
Daddy Wu
You must be joking. Confucianism is "best morals"? This is the ideology that created the concept of ancestor worship through the male line that is the reason for all the female fetus abortions that causes the imbalanced ratio and the sickening sense of entitlement in Taiwan women.

There has not been a scumbag worse than Confucius in human history. By sheer numbers through the ages he has pussified hundreds of millions of Chinese men and given the power in relationships to women who actually given the evolutionary chance resort to a single male in their lifetime reproductive strategy. So basically they cannot enjoy life and get laid. What kind of life is that? Is this kind of life even worth living.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Below ethan_sg explains why good customer service in taiwan or singapore does not mean the country is friendly or has a good social atmosphere, as rock and monkro and others seem to believe.

Ethan_sg:

"Well I don't think good customer service can be used as gauge of the nature of the people and the social atmosphere in a country to be fair. Any premium customer oriented company can require mandate and train its staff to treat customers like kings, as they do at nice hotels and fine dining restaurants. They are trained to 'serve' the rich elite well. You can find many expensive restaurants and hotels in Singapore with top notch customer service too, but it says little about the actual social atmosphere in a country. If a hotel offers complimentary food and drinks, it doesn't actually mean they are offering food and drinks for free out of generosity - it's because they've done the math and calculated that given the amount they are charging customers for the rooms, they can afford to throw in complimentary food and drinks so as to give customers a positive experience and attract them not only to return in future but to also recommend the hotel to their friends. They've calculated that the net benefits of offering complimentary food and drinks outweigh the cost of the food and drinks and deemed it to be a prudent business move but it does not to me in any way reflect on the social atmosphere of a country. It's not as if this hotel would offer free food and drinks to random non-hotel guests who simply walked in from the streets or to homeless beggars lol. Now yes one may say but we don't get this kind of service much in the Philippines - true but that is also because in many less developed countries the corporate strategies may not be as sound as service staff may not be as well trained. This to me is not an issue about the social atmosphere of a country (and I'm not making any implications on whether the social atmosphere in Taiwan is good or bad) but is an entirely an issue of implementation of corporate strategies and should not be used as a reflection of the social atmosphere in a country. Also, In a poor country like the Philippines, premium customer service may be scarce because there is comparatively low demand for premium services in a country very proportionately few people can afford it."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is Taiwan so unfriendly, antisocial, negative, lonel

Post by Winston »

I was gonna post this last month but didnt have time. I sent it to my WhatsApp list though. Here it is:

Today at Costco i saw three asian girls. One of them made eye contact with me in a very relaxed comfortable manner. So i quickly deduced that she cannot be taiwanese because theres no way in hell that a taiwanese female would look at a male stranger in such a relaxed manner. No way. Every time a taiwanese girl has looked at me its been in a creeped out way as if she is uncomfortable that a stranger is looking at her or checking her out. Every time.

Well it turns out i was right. When i heard the three girls talk to each other they were speaking Vietnamese. No wonder. Vietnamese girls are definitely far more relaxed and approachable. They dont have that cold as ice vibe around them that taiwanese females do.

What i dont get is why taiwanese are so super uptight? What is their problem? Any explanation?

And why are my observations always so accurate? And if im usually right about such things then why do taiwanese hate me for being so accurate about such things? Lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also from last month:

Last night i went with my parents to some small shop where an older man makes dentures for people with no teeth.

After the evaluation he and his wife talked to us. They said i seemed unusually bright, knowledgeable and aware, not like an average egghead Asian conformist. They agreed with me that taiwanese young people are very different from the old and elderly in taiwan in that they are scared to death to talk to strangers, especially the girls, and have no confidence or social skills. But the elderly folks talk to strangers easily without fear. Its like young and old are different species in taiwan.

The dentists wife agreed with me that taiwanese young people, especially in chiayi, have zero interest in meeting new people and making new friends. And that no one has the guts to mention all this except me. They also have no confidence or social skills and are the most unfriendly and cold and closed people in all of Asia, next to Japan.

I showed her some of my photos from Russia and Europe on my phone and she said i am obviously incompatible with taiwan if i expect people in taiwan to be that open and social and relaxed with strangers. She admitted that taiwanese girls could never be that open and friendly. I told her that taiwanese young people are definitely the least open and friendly out of all 14 countries ive been in, and many of my friends agree.

The denists wife told my parents that what i said was true and that taiwanese young people today have no interest in meeting people and are too cold and self absorbed with their smart phones. My parents dont like to acknowledge such negative truths no matter how accurate they are.

It's interesting how elderly people in taiwan are not offended by the truth and do not mind hearing it. And often will even agree with me. But if i say all the above to young women in taiwan they act shocked and offended, as if i crossed some line, as if i said "Hitler was a great man" or something. Its very weird. Lol.

Young taiwanese women at some level must know that what i say is completely true. So why does it shock them to speak the truth? Its as if they are so consumed with fakeness and political correctness that simple honesty and insight rocks their world and is out of line. Lol. What that means is that they are delusional and not down to earth or authentic at all. Very sad.

Taiwanese young women also exude negative cold vibes that make me uncomfortable. What i dislike most is a negative cold hateful persona that is masked by a fake polite exterior. Its the most inauthentic and contradictory combo, yet thats the typical taiwanese female personality unfortunately. Makes me ashamed to be ethnic taiwanese.

Why am i the only one not afraid to tell the truth? Why does everyone hate the truth? Makes no sense.

Whenever i bring all this up to people in real life, no one disagrees with me in person, except for English speaking taiwanese women who love political correctness or course.

But when i bring it up online you always get this crowd that will argue with anything thats not politically correct, even if its totally true. Its like there is a political correctness police on the internet that tries to censor all truth thats offensive and unpopular even if its totally accurate. I wonder if this internet PC crowd are AI bots or something, and not real people. Lol. Because real people dont usually deny obvious things.

There are many things to dislike about taiwan but the social vibe has got to be the worst. Its the worst place in asia to meet people and make friends, thats for sure.

So what this means is that taiwan is the most negative, antisocial, socially closed, cliquish country in Asia, and within taiwan, chiayi is the most unfriendly town. No one wants to meet new people or make new friends. Theres a strange and unusual but very real AVERSION to it for some odd reason. I cant understand it. Its like everyone is infected with an antisocial disease except me. Like out of the twilight zone. Reminds me of Bellingham, WA and Seattle, WA.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Try forcibly breaking the shell and see what happens. In 2014 I spent a few weeks in a sort of boarding house in Dublin where two mid-to-late 20s Taiwanese girls were also in residence. They were cute and friendly, but a little shy and nerdy. The night before I left one of them (the other had already left) came to my room to say goodbye, gave me a hug and WOULD NOT LET GO. So the passion may be smoldering down there somewhere with them, whatever the exterior seems to be saying.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:Try forcibly breaking the shell and see what happens. In 2014 I spent a few weeks in a sort of boarding house in Dublin where two mid-to-late 20s Taiwanese girls were also in residence. They were cute and friendly, but a little shy and nerdy. The night before I left one of them (the other had already left) came to my room to say goodbye, gave me a hug and WOULD NOT LET GO. So the passion may be smoldering down there somewhere with them, whatever the exterior seems to be saying.
Ive tried many times. Felt awkward and inappropriate and creepy. Even if someone talks to you for a while its just polite small talk. They dont wanna be your friend or go out with you or hang out. No way. Thats crossing the line totally. Just like in Seattle. You been to seattle right? Theres an assumption there that only polite greetings are ok but anything beyond that is crossing the boundary line and unwelcome. Breaking the shell does nothing to change that. Are you crazy?

If breaking the shell or ice got any results then I'd be doing it everyday. Duh! Use your head man. Ive been telling you all about this since 2009!

Those two girls you met were traveling. Duh. Travelers are always going to be more friendly. Even british and aussies are friendly and sociable while traveling or if they are backpackers. They told me they dont represent the mainstream in their country who are not travelers.

Travelers are open minded types and thus more open to strangers. But average workers are in their routine and not used to talking to strangers. Even americans are friendlier while traveling. It makes you feel more open than usual when you travel too. You should know that.

Come to chiayi and you will see the most antisocial place in the whole world. I promise you that. Its literally friggin impossible to make new friends here, unless they are acquaintances at work! Even on couchsurfing no one wants to meet up. I wonder why they started a group for chiayi since no one in the group wants to meet up or arrange a group gathering.

Its like theres some disease in chiayi thats infected everyone in the twilight zone. Yet i remain normal and unaffected for some reason. Weird.

You can ask falcon or el_caudillo or rock. They've been to chiayi. Momopi has too but he cant say anything politically incorrect because he needs to save face and conform to social rules.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

See the dictionary definitions below for "friendly" and "polite" and you will see that they are very different. Yet everyone thinks they are the same thing. Wtf is wrong with everyone? Is everyone stupid?!

FRIENDLY

pronunciation
• (IPA): /ˈfrɛndli/

adjective
• Generally warm, approachable and easy to relate with in character.

Pets must be friendly, working animals rather obedient

• Inviting, characteristic of friendliness.

POLITE

polite

• adj 1: showing regard for others in manners, speech, behavior, etc. [ant: {impolite}]

• 2: marked by refinement in taste and manners; "cultivated speech"; "cultured Bostonians"; "cultured tastes"; "a genteel old lady"; "polite society" [syn: {civilized}, {civilised}, {cultivated}, {cultured}, {genteel}]

• 3: not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others; "even if he didn't like them he should have been civil"- W.S. Maugham [syn: {civil}] [ant: {uncivil}]

See. They arent the same thing!

As you can see, Taiwan definitely does NOT fit that definition above of friendliness. They are definitely not warm and approachable and easy to relate with. I find it awkward to talk to them, like they are ghosts from another dimension with no soul. Why is that?! Why????

One question i ask that always stumps Taiwanese and fake people who mistake politeness with friendliness is:

If Taiwan is so friendly, then how come no one wants to be your friend?

It stumps them every time. Amazing what a little dose of truth does to darkness, ignorance, lies and fakeness.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston, you really, really are not the paragon of reason you think you are, and it would behoove you to stop calling people stupid.

The Taiwanese girls I met in Ireland were friendly. Not superficially polite, genuinely friendly. Shy, but friendly.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:Winston, you really, really are not the paragon of reason you think you are, and it would behoove you to stop calling people stupid.

The Taiwanese girls I met in Ireland were friendly. Not superficially polite, genuinely friendly. Shy, but friendly.
Why not? I told you the truth. Your suggestion made no sense. I explained why in detail above. Those girls were travelers. Even travelers from britain are very friendly to me. Come here to chiayi. It will shock you and give you a dose of reality. Have you been to seattle? If so imagine seattle times 10. All my friends will tell you that i never lie and am the most honest truthful person you'll ever meet. Moreover everything I've said about other stuff has turned out to be true too. So my credibility is rock solid.

Again if Taiwan is friendly then how come no one in Taiwan wants to be your friend except maybe foreigners? Stumps them every time. Amazing what a dose of truth does to darkness and lies.

Btw I never said you were stupid gsjackson. You make a lot of good posts here. I said your suggestion was a stupid one. Even smart people say stupid things sometimes. Your suggestion of breaking the shell or ice made no sense. Of course Ive tried to do that. I'm a very avid cold approacher. But if that got positive results I would be doing it all the time and reporting it here of course. Think about it. Use your common sense and basic logic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

GSjackson,
A few questions for you. If you want to claim that taiwan is friendly then:

1. How come no one wants to make friends in Taiwan? Its like seattle. Only polite small talk for a few minutes is appropriate. Trying to make friends or hang out or go out together feels inappropriate like crossing the boundary. Theres no curiosity or interest in others. So if taiwanese are friendly why do they not want to be your friend?

2. How come in Taiwan everywhere you go you always see foreigners with other foreigners only? You never see then with local mainstream taiwanese. Unless they are westernized taiwanese or asian americans of course. I took many photos to prove this. Wanna see them? This indicates that theres no connection between taiwanese and foreigners and no interest from Taiwanese. It speaks volumes.

3. How come everyone i make small talk with in taiwan and bring up all this with, agrees sadly and admits its all true?

4. Finally why would i lie? If all this werent true why would i say that it is? Think about it. Anyone who knows me will tell you that im the last person who will BS you or lie. I am also a very accurate and insightful person, as all here know and can see. Also since you are an older gentleman you should be able to recognize honest genuine people when you see them.

Furthermore other asian freethinkers here will corroborate by claims about taiwan, such as zboy1, falcon, ethan_sg and bao3niang. They do not BS either, and are as honest as they get.

How do you explain all this gsjackson? Can you answer these questions?