Philippines / Abroad for 40 days - Success Advice

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
DrFrog
Freshman Poster

Philippines / Abroad for 40 days - Success Advice

Post by DrFrog »

Hey guys, stumbled upon this here website.
Love the forum - active and tons of info. Now this might be a bit disorganized/long but bare with me....haha

Now I am having trouble finding the best summary for my situation. I'll be in Phils (or anywhere if necessary) from June to July 8th. I'd like to find a smoking hot and educated(speak ~fluently with me) - no bs - trustworthy girl with long term committed intentions. (lot of standards? I deserve to expect nothing less really... and if that's not true then I am not pressed enough to alter that sense hahaha ;)

I have the cash, I have decent to above average looks, I'm athletic functionally (i.e. not a bodybuilder but very sporty), successful, and a rather standout/unique background. I am slightly tiny for western standards - skinny and average(?) height. I'm not fully of myself but I shouldn't be modest if we want honest feedback / tailored advice. (my nickname has a lot to do with my history - individual details - clue Dr and Frog are independent attributes) Other details - White (l.d.o. ;), NBA fan/visited Makati(manila at large) & Boracay/ have a friend in Quezon who is practically without culture barrier.... 27 y.o.

Can anyone lead me to:
- What city? Should I split time in a few cities? Where should I stay?
- Where to spend my time looking. Active or passive? What and where is it best? Can I do anything to get them to approach me/catch their eye/make overt gestures...
- Should I use AFA? Anyone have experience with them?
- How to go about it / How did you go about it?
- Tried and true must dos / must nots (avoid) ---- activities/conversations/attitude

- Networking with locals/expats? Does anyone have a hookup? If so, I'd be eternally grateful and would treat you like a king for as long as I live ;) haha

I have been using FC with moderate to .... I feel like great success for male standards regarding online attention. I feel that the ones I can't get attention from are the "fake" profiles I suspect .... or the hot ones who can't communicate with me :( There is always something left for me to desire in the ones I end up liking for one reason or another. (she is pretty but not enough for me to go - I WOULDN"T WANT ANYONE ELSE SO LONG AS I LIVE - you know... Or I get bored with they're communication online/email/chat. Maybe lack a degree.... Worry about them wanting $$$/VISA USA/Just my baby genes like some guys have alluded too hahah! I've had many of them say they want to marry a white man to have beautiful babies! haha They might even say things like, "for our future" when I tell them I have to go study/work :-/ )

Well, I hope I don't get flamed :) As I mean no harm and just spent the day reading the recent pages of Asian forum for info and was left with vague clues. I have done PUA type crap in the past with American girls - Day and night. Hate bar scenes really but can/will do from time to time - I prefer smaller groups and one on one convos - low key/familiar faces. Day gaming seems to be rather successful in USA but don't have the time being in Med school (god have mercy if I make it to Doctor status single!!! HAHAH) - I could only imagine gaming in Phils would be super successful. Only trouble would be 50% not interest and say another 50% have difficulty with English (ignorant but just saying).

Thanks a lot guys - let me know anything you have to say. Appreciated. Would love to meet others and make friend in the Phils as well. Love the country and plan to visit regularly for a long time (this will be visit #3 with in 9months).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

DrFrog
Freshman Poster

Post by DrFrog »

I just wanted to add ... I've seen a wide range of guys in the Airports with legit dream girls - this assures me I can too. I just need to find the connection or something? Next time I see one of these couples I'll have to stop and work in the convo/inquiry- it should be a compliment and the guy will likely admit being in my/our shoes beforehand.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

If you have already visited twice you probably have more knowledge than many of the guys here. And if you have been communicating online with expats living in PI you have also probably run across dedicated PI resources like Living in Cebu forum.

If you are going to be there for awhile I would combine internet dating sites (I used Cherry Blossoms mostly) with just hanging out there and meeting people.

And yes if it were me I'd hit several cities, though I'd probably stay away from Manila.

You are going to hear from some guys here who do not like PI or its women but if you already know you like the place, ignore those opinions.

Have fun - I know I do when I have been there!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Troll the major University campuses and surrounding venues in the major cities. That's the easiest thing to do to meet quality younger women. Most of the best ones will be in Manila area though.

Scout the men's and women's section of department stores in the major malls, there are a lot of times some decent looking girls working there. Especially the ones selling branded jeans. They are hand selected for their looks and height. Also the makeup/perfume sections sometimes.

There are a lot of hot girls that work in the major international/local banks in Manila area but you probably would have to be a regular customer to chat any of them up.

Those are the best places to meet educated Filipinas or ones that would have potential. Others you meet would be lower end on the social scale and not as educated. Especially in bars/discos/food places/stalls/etc.

Manila isn't the greatest city but if you are playing a numbers game it has the best variety and largest chance to meet quality women if you spend the time and put in the effort.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
DrFrog
Freshman Poster

Post by DrFrog »

Thanks for the Input Dave and Mr.S
More the Merrier! Keep it coming.

---- Never used Cherry's I'll definitely check it out
-----I figured as much for the Campus/Mall targeting but the dept specificity is interesting. And they do have ++++ #'s of people working in stores vs Western world - which must be for cheap theft deter.
----- I hate #'s game but I suppose.... and I would agree if we are taking a %cut of a pop for pickings ---> favors to have largest # of peps. Maybe the debate would be what is the location to have the optimum Quality/%rate/Looks/Loyalty....

What about meeting a few friends? Expat or Natives? Are any of you in Country and wouldn't mind meeting up at least once? I really plan to live there someday 1/2 year so meeting friends is also a sideshow ;)
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I live in Manila most of the year so I know what's up. It's not hard meeting people here, finding quality is hard. Most people here are boneheads, they got rocks for brains.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Listen to Mr. S. He's probably the best expert this forum has on PI. He's been on the ground in Metro Manila for many years and has expat experience in Thailand as well so he can put it in an Asian perspective and speak from long-term personal experience.

If you have refined and discriminating taste in women, it will be a matter of searching for tiny needles in a large haystack. Stick with metro Manila or possibly Pampanga cus that'w where you will find the most attractive and sophisticated girls. Many of these will be Chinese Filipinnas, upper middle class or above, or girls with a signficant amount of Spanish or other foreign blood. Unfortunately, girls from those groups tend to be difficult to meet. Once in awhile, you may see a very attractive Filippina from a more modest background. Just keep in mind Mr. S's warning about their lack of intellect. It doesn't apply to all as per my recent posts but the percentage is pretty high.

Cebu is popular with some. But you don't see local stunners there the way you occasionally can in Luzon. Most young girls there tend to very plain, a lot older looking than their age, short, and often with unbalanced facial proportions. Very often, the better ones tend to be part of the local Filipino or Korean student cliques which are pretty closed to outsiders. Most regular Manila girls look like this too. But, you just see a lot more exceptions (positive outliers) in Metro Manila than in Cebu and certainly anywhere else I've been to in PI.

Before you commit to Philippines for this trip, consider your personal circumstances - age, physical condition, cultural and food prefences, etc. Nearby countries such as Thailand or Taiwan present a stark contrast. Just walking around an area with lots of young women in Taipei vs. one in Manila, you are going to see dozens of 7 and 8s plus a few 9s in Taipei for every single 6 or occasional 7 you see in Manila. Perhaps girls in PI seem more approachable than Taiwan or even Thailand in general. But for the stand-outs (which in PI means a 6), they are often from those special groups I mentioned above and generally not easy to approach as a total stranger. If you decide to stick with PI, perhaps Mr. S can give you suggestions on ways to meet the better quality girls through some types of netorking, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote: If you have refined and discriminating taste in women, it will be a matter of searching for tiny needles in a large haystack. Stick with metro Manila or possibly Pampanga cus that'w where you will find the most attractive and sophisticated girls. Many of these will be Chinese Filipinnas, upper middle class or above, or girls with a signficant amount of Spanish or other foreign blood. Unfortunately, girls from those groups tend to be difficult to meet. Once in awhile, you may see a very attractive Filippina from a more modest background. Just keep in mind Mr. S's warning about their lack of intellect. It doesn't apply to all as per my recent posts but the percentage is pretty high.
This depends on what you are interested in. By definition, as the largest and most sophisicated city in PI you are going to find a nice number of attractive women in Manila. Women move to Manila just as women come to the largest city in many countries - so that's a good thing.

OTOH you said you wanted to come to PI for 40 days. To me I would not want to spend 40 days in Manila. It's not an appealing city to me. Of course I hate LA also, so large, congested, polluted cities are not where I want to hang out.

Plus, while there are nice lookers in Manila the trade off for the fact that they are more sophisticated is that they are more Westernized. That was true of the ones I met and I've heard similar experiences from many Western men. YMMV. Again, it depends on what you are looking for: a great 40 day experience in the Philippines, the best looking girls on the streets or malls, the sexiest bar girls. Do you want lots of quick results, a potential long term gf, a wife - it's your choice.

Remember, there was a recent very long thread here in which the OP complained that he had come to Manila hated the girls, found the city awful and expensive. So make a careful decision before you decide on only one city. With 40 days and cheap airfares, I'd hit several locales.
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

Rock wrote: Before you commit to Philippines for this trip, consider your personal circumstances - age, physical condition, cultural and food prefences, etc. Nearby countries such as Thailand or Taiwan present a stark contrast. Just walking around an area with lots of young women in Taipei vs. one in Manila, you are going to see dozens of 7 and 8s plus a few 9s in Taipei for every single 6 or occasional 7 you see in Manila. Perhaps girls in PI seem more approachable than Taiwan or even Thailand in general. But for the stand-outs (which in PI means a 6), they are often from those special groups I mentioned above and generally not easy to approach as a total stranger. If you decide to stick with PI, perhaps Mr. S can give you suggestions on ways to meet the better quality girls through some types of netorking, etc.
Dozens of 7s, 8s and 9s in Taipei for every single 6 or 7 in Manila?
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

From Manila you can head South to Sabang for a week for something different. It's a low key scuba town packed with bar girls. Zero chance of meeting any high quality girls, but if you are into drinking and bringing a different crazy bar girl back to your room each night it can be fun...although maybe that gets old after more than a few days. There's also some decent hiking and beach (a place called White Beach).