Why Taiwan Girls Are The WORST in Asia - Closed, Cold, Soulless, Repressed, Bland, Empty, Spoiled, Shit Social Skills

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

royalism wrote:
Winston wrote:
original wrote:I have been to Taiwan twice and each time only for a week, but based on my experience what Winston says is spot on. The only thing off is the fact that Winston posted pictures of a bunch of young women walking around in their panties, I never saw that in Taiwan.

I should also note that I lived in mainland China for 3 years and everything Winston said about women in Taiwan is true for women in mainland China as well.
Really? If that's so, then why has my response rate from Chinese women been much higher than from Taiwanese women?
China is still a 3rd world country. Taiwan is an economic tiger. Winston these are YOUR experiences with Taiwanese women and its verified through YOUR experience. Aren't you Taiwanese by birth in the first place? So you might have some predisposition against them.

Despite what you may have experienced, yet people still get laid in Taiwan. Foreigners and expats get laid there.

And to contradict myself a little bit, try your luck in big cities like Beijing or Shanghai. There is a stereotype that girls are stuck up. They want men with a good job, a car, and a house -- that they own. They are probably the equivalent to the Taiwanese girls you have experienced or worse.
Yeah but they are getting laid with ugly hags that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Come here. Let me take you to the night market with hundreds of hot girls with sexy legs. Let's see YOU approach any of them and try to breach their cold wall. I'll give you $200 if you can do it.

If you can't do it, then my point is proven.

So far, everyone has failed or been too scared. The cold wall is REAL. I am 100000000000 percent sure of it. And it makes approaching/flirting with them very uncomfortable.

People get laid in the US too, but that doesn't make it a dating paradise and it doesn't make AW approachable.

Taiwanese are more like Japanese, than Chinese.

Why do most Taiwanese claim to be poor? Poor people aren't stuck up or closed with cold walls.

But as Falcon said, you don't have to go to Taiwan to see what I mean. You can go to East Asian communities in the US or Canada, and see the same thing. Cold walls around women, no eye contact, no approachability, very closed demeanor, etc. That's NOT comfortable to be around or try to approach. Don't lie about that. Everyone knows that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Toona Fish
Freshman Poster

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Post by Toona Fish »

Last edited by Toona Fish on February 14th, 2013, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does anyone think that hate makes the hater any better and the target of hate any worse?
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:I don't think you're brave for saying what you do about Taiwan girls, just very subjective and pig-headed. Did you ever imagine that if you were a different person, your experiences around the world might be vastly different? And why do you use such unusual photos to represent everyday Taiwan girls? How often do you see something like that mid-day in pubic Taipei?

I've been to almost 50 countries. The only ones where I clearly felt it required less courage, in my case, to approach random women were Colombia, DR, Kenya, Cameroon, and perhaps Haiti. Even China has plenty of women who will ignore you or give you the ice treatment if you cold approach them, especially in cities like Shanghai.

Also, I know you are quite impressed by the letters you are getting from your Chinese penpals and you're convinced that they are all rocket scientists while Filipinas are not much smarter than housepets. But I was surprised that one of your Chinese friends had to ask you about the time difference between China and Taiwan (was unaware that its the same and couldn't be bothered to Google it). Believe it or not, I met a couple of Filipinas in Cebu who knew off the bat that Taiwan has the same time year-round as PI.
Rock, you made a number of errors above. First, my observation is not subjective and pig headed at all. It is factual and objective. Everyone unanimously agrees that TW girls aren't open with strangers. Even you and Momopi admit to that. These are basic facts. You are the one who has a bias in defending Taiwan.

If TW were the paradise you say it is, you would be like Bruce Wayne in Dark Knight, walking around town with models on your arms, rather than going to Bangkok. lol Your TW gf is not a factor here. You could hit the streets of Taipei anytime and be like Bruce Wayne. lol

Yes I imagine if I were a different person, my experiences might be different. But the same could be said for America. But so what? That doesn't change the facts. You are focusing on the best case examples. That is subjective. Not me.

Let's say I was a cool hip guy in the US and got American chicks easily. So what? That doesn't change that fact that IN GENERAL American chicks aren't approachable to strangers, which we all agree on here. So again, I win on basic logic and fact.

Again, you cite exceptions with Filipinas. All the Filipinas I know don't know if there is a time difference between Taiwan and PI. You are focusing on exceptions. That is subjective.

Besides, at least Chinese women have the wisdom not to give candy and junk food to their kids, which Filipinas do not. I know long term expats in the PI who will tell you the same thing.
Winston...the only type of filipinas you know are the hooker variety in AC....you probably treat all women you meet in Philippines as hookers....no wonder no regular filipinas would want to date you
manythings
Freshman Poster

Post by manythings »

I completely agree with your posting, and plan to create a new post at some point when there is enough time to write. For now, just a few things. First, so what that women in other Asian cities are even colder than Taipei. And, so what that in general people in Taipei are extremely helpful and nice when you get to know them. Nonetheless, there is a certain lack of personal thinking, a kind of authoritarian or cool expectation about having a certain decorum. If you are "thinking too much" no one wants to talk to you. If you are non exuding positive energy and really happy about everything going on around you, no one wants to talk to you. There is a certain awkwardness and discomfort about situations that are not easily tracked into a standard register, genre, style of communication. Standardisation, fear of something different, fear of rocking the boat, fear of saying something that is from a direct feeling other than nice joyfulness; unless one can turn it quickly into a directive with clear expectations. Fear of ambiguity. Lack of internationalness, and reliance on cultural stereotypes regarding foreigners. This reliance goes far beyond merely talking about people in a certain way; it is how so many people I know at work and around public places actually go about relating to foreigners. I feel like I have constantly slow down and wait for someone in Taipei to catch up with me, when I say or do something that does not compute within their very simple stereotypes about how someone acts. The coldness described above seems to me to be an offshoot of being truly unexposed, unaware of the diversity of human experience, lifestyle, and thought. Here, there is something that creates a certain confusion: when talking in depth, it is often possible to find that someone has really considered some contemporary, new lifestyle thinking, or is at least aware of its existence. But, when one actually embodies that other way, or does something out of the ordinary, everyone around stands back as if no one really is comfortable noticing. This includes even wanting to talk to strangers.
manythings
Freshman Poster

Post by manythings »

Let me clarify; it is much more this way when a man is trying to catch the notice of a women who is a stranger. If reaching out to a male to talk, there is a certain odd awkwardness as well, but it is usually matched with an interest in knowing who this person is who is reaching out. There is a certain sense of man's world and women's world, which is of course common across societies. There are obvious reasons for this protectiveness. However, when comparing with what I have felt in other places, I do believe nonetheless that the Taipei public place version of this is much more saturated with a sense of unfamiliarity and discomfort with the unknown, as well as a certain pride on the part of women which makes it difficult to feel that one is really on their level. A certain feeling that the women expresses through body language that she is really too good for you, or that you need to improve a lot things about yourself before we really have anything to talk about. Here, this would be an exaggerated expectation if it exists; as my Chinese is truly fluent, and am thought of by friends here as someone who has all kinds of desirable qualities. Most of the time when I tell friends about this, they act surprised saying, but I think you would have an easy time. Well, not so; as I am really sensitive to the coldness and cliquishness; I really cannot stand it. This sensitivity is probably one reason for the difficulty. I have noticed, there is a stereotyped foreigner who is kind of superficial and happy, and I think this kind probably has a lot easier time. A lot of the signals that come across regarding awkwardness; if you can completely ignore them then it is probably easier to overcome this threshold. But, I cannot ignore them; too frustrating to know it is there.
manythings
Freshman Poster

Post by manythings »

Arrogance is usually paired with its opposite feeling: the fear of doing something wrong.

BTW, I do not need a reminder that I "could go somewhere else," or that other cities are also so and so; or that I am complaining, etc. The purpose of this posting is to rant. Someone else told the person above, they should move to a different place. I could turn that around and say, if you are not okay with me ranting, maybe you could go to a different board. I do not plan to move to a different place; actually there a lot of very loveable things about living in Taiwan and I do really like to live here. My best friends are here. But, no place is perfect. It is difficult to find a place to rant; and that is what I am doing here.

If someone has some insights about these cultural issues, more than some obvious remarks about people in general, that would be helpful to hear. Thanks for reading.
manythings
Freshman Poster

Post by manythings »

Young female interactional styles: saturated with some kind of antisocial inwardness. Sometimes too shy, sometimes just too culturally naive to create nonboring conversation. If smart, tend to be proud, even arrogant, in a way that feels like southern belles from Georgia. Throw the hair back and keep the eyes turned somewhere else, looking every which way except at the male who is present. Almost like young girls who run away from boys, while trying to act proud and aristocratic. This is the cute ones. Then, the middle age and less attractive: more than willing to talk, not so arrogant. When i see the shy arrogance i feel, what are you proud of? Mind going to sleep with boredom while heart wishes for a connection.
Xephoroph
Freshman Poster

Post by Xephoroph »

Hi, my name's Andre, I'm American and currently live in the US. I'm currently dating, and am in a very serious relationship with a Taiwanese girl. A Taiwanese girl whom, although was born in the US, lived most of her life in Taiwan, and a little bit in Cambodia.
I agree with many things you've said that Taiwanese girls are, they are very cautious, distrusting, superstitious with no real reason to be, and definitely hard to get. They give you the cold shoulder as if they don't have time for you and that they don't want anything to do with you. She's beautiful and way out of my league, but I've won her heart and she's changed as a person since dating me. I don't believe all Taiwanese women are impossible, but more so they have a really hard shell to crack and once you break that barrier, they're very much a human. In fact I think it was harder to convince her mother to accept me (especially being a foreign white male who makes average pay and no college degree), than it was to convince her to accept me. Here's the thing, flirting with them head on will only turn them off right away, unlike American girls who are very social and open for the most part, they will automatically assume you want to use them and cast them aside if you're a flirty person, a flirty person is seen as a a troublemaker and a heart breaker; (my girlfriend told me this). It seems they only want to be with someone with a degree and has high goals and a lot of confidence, but since I had none of those traits, it seemed impossible for me. I simply remained myself and talked to her every day without rushing anything, I was persistent. I'm generally very honest and open about my thoughts, caring, gentle, I don't really swear much (she hates that), and everything but the ideal rich foreign white male who can make their family richer.

All in all, perhaps lightly flirting with many Taiwanese girls would be impossible, but if you're persistent and honest, there's definitely hope to date a Taiwanese girl.

:wink: Good luck.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Xephoroph wrote:Hi, my name's Andre, I'm American and currently live in the US. I'm currently dating, and am in a very serious relationship with a Taiwanese girl. A Taiwanese girl whom, although was born in the US, lived most of her life in Taiwan, and a little bit in Cambodia.
I agree with many things you've said that Taiwanese girls are, they are very cautious, distrusting, superstitious with no real reason to be, and definitely hard to get. They give you the cold shoulder as if they don't have time for you and that they don't want anything to do with you. She's beautiful and way out of my league, but I've won her heart and she's changed as a person since dating me. I don't believe all Taiwanese women are impossible, but more so they have a really hard shell to crack and once you break that barrier, they're very much a human. In fact I think it was harder to convince her mother to accept me (especially being a foreign white male who makes average pay and no college degree), than it was to convince her to accept me. Here's the thing, flirting with them head on will only turn them off right away, unlike American girls who are very social and open for the most part, they will automatically assume you want to use them and cast them aside if you're a flirty person, a flirty person is seen as a a troublemaker and a heart breaker; (my girlfriend told me this). It seems they only want to be with someone with a degree and has high goals and a lot of confidence, but since I had none of those traits, it seemed impossible for me. I simply remained myself and talked to her every day without rushing anything, I was persistent. I'm generally very honest and open about my thoughts, caring, gentle, I don't really swear much (she hates that), and everything but the ideal rich foreign white male who can make their family richer.

All in all, perhaps lightly flirting with many Taiwanese girls would be impossible, but if you're persistent and honest, there's definitely hope to date a Taiwanese girl.

:wink: Good luck.
Hi Andre,
Welcome. So how did you meet your Taiwanese girlfriend? How did you first get her attention? And how did you get your first date with her? I cannot even get coffee dates with them now. They all ditch me fast. And the ones in the past just ignore me like I don't exist.

Even if I don't act flirtatious with them, so what? What am I supposed to do? Talk to them like an ordinary person for a long time and then after a while, ask "Do you want to have coffee after work?" or something? That's so cliched. And it doesn't often work. They keep their distance and even if they go out with you, it's often platonic and casual friends only. They don't escalate things. They don't do things the way we do in the Western world.

Just because you can get a Taiwanese girl doesn't mean everyone can. Everyone's karma and destiny and path is different. If you aren't meant for a Taiwanese partner, it won't happen. Things will go wrong if you try for something that's not meant to be. I don't think you did anything special that others can't do or that I can't do. It's simply part of your destiny and karma, so it happens naturally with the flow of things. Just because some guys can do something, doesn't mean everyone can. Nothing worthwhile is easy, and not everything is meant for everyone.

The thing I don't get is, if they won't talk to you, how can you get to know them? It's an oxymoron. You would have to go talk to a Taiwanese girl you work with, who is forced by her job to see you everyday. If you just visited a Taiwanese girl you like at her work everyday, it's a long shot. She will be all business with you and not talk to you much. And even if she socializes with you, she will not reply if you ask her out or be hesitant about it. And if she goes out with you, its very platonic, not romantic or sensual. They are frigid.

I got the LINE contact info for this sweet friendly Taiwanese receptionist girl at my dentist office. Yet when I ask her out, she doesn't reply. Apparently, it's a big deal for her to go out with me and crossing the line.

WTF is up with that? Why is it a big deal to go out with a guy for coffee? Most foreign girls don't mind. Taiwan is more like the US than Asia.

The point is: If they wont reply to my messages or go out with me, then how can i "work on her"? Its logically impossible.

Moreover, i get a negative and misanthropic vibe from Taiwanese girls, not a positive relaxed one. So how am i supposed to be positive and social around them? Its like trying to be positive around someone who doesnt like you. Its very awkward and uncomfortable.

Why do you say American girls are more open and social? No one here thinks that. If you flirt with them, after a while, they will call security or the police because flirtation is a violation and harassment. Especially on the West Coast. They are super picky and standoffish and dislike men. They all claim to have a boyfriend, if you aren't their type. It's a violation of their "equality or superiority" if you flirt with them and treat them like women. American girls are only open in the movies, not in real life. Where do you get that they are open and social? Have you even been to America?

In spite of all this, in Taiwan, you do see couples everywhere, and in most of them, the guy is not attractive. Though most Taiwanese guys with girlfriends are tall and thin, even if their face is ugly, nerdy or average. So it looks like getting a girlfriend in Taiwan is easy and that any guy can do it. How do you explain this?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Taiwan's fertility rate is one of the world's very lowest at around 1.1. (Note the fertility rate is different from the birth rate, which is the number of births per 1,000 people.)

And oddly enough, China, which until very recently had a one-child policy, has a fertility rate of about 1.7, since in rural and ethnic minority peoples were allowed to have more than one child. Thailand's is 1.5, and the Philippines' is 3.0.

The replacement rate is 2.1.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ility_rate

If you look online for explanations of Taiwan's low fertility rate, the explanations are usually politically correct explanations about how expensive Taiwan has gotten in respect to low, stagnant wages. But this stands in stark contrast to various countries in sub-Saharan Africa with very high fertility rates such as Niger, Chad, Somalia, and Uganda, which are among the very poorest countries in the world. Niger comes out on top with a fertility rate of almost 8.
Xephoroph
Freshman Poster

Post by Xephoroph »

Of course there are many factors that play into every relationship making them all unique in how they work and came to be. I met her online initially, having joined the USAF the girls in the area that I was stationed at were nothing to look at. I feel like being able to talk to her and become close to her before giving her the intimidation of face to face chatting or interaction helped ease into her trusting me. Now of course I agree with you that perhaps it's my karma and destiny and overall personality that naturally attracted a beautiful Taiwanese girl to my luck, but I'm also a believer that (although not directly relative, simply a comparison) hard work can compete with talent. Perhaps you started off on the wrong foot with the Taiwanese girl and well first impressions are hard to forget, and with a Taiwanese girl, even harder.

I have to say my girlfriend almost dismissed my existence from her mind when we first started talking, it seemed IMPOSSIBLE to find a subject to talk about that interested her! she fell in love with me before she knew what I looked like considering I didn't have a posted picture on my profile due to a slight lack of confidence, having not dated many people in previous years. I'm not sure I meet the ideal look for a boyfriend either I'm pale pretty skinny and have a big nose and short hair and green eyes. I'm not sure if it would apply to other Taiwanese girls but I know my girlfriend's told me that she loves long hair on guys and wishes I could grow mine out; She also loves the idea of me cooking for her even though I can't cook.

I asked her what attracted her to me the most and she told me that it was my honesty that made it easy to trust me. AN IMPORTANT THING!!! Taiwanese girls love ambitious guys, she said it herself, you don't have to be rich and have a lot, but you need to have a car, a place to stay, a job, and goals; It might not sound appealing to someone who's looking for dating but it seems like Taiwanese women are always thinking about having a family. It's unfortunate but it seems like dating to a Taiwanese woman is more of a marriage selection process!...As far as the social gap goes, there's no real way to tell what will interest her, I think a good tactic would be to find out of there's anyone who managed to be close to her and become friends with them. It's much easier to become friends with someone when they're acquainted with your friends. Once you're close to that friend, then you could start to ask about her, do some digging and find out what she likes.

One last note, my girlfriend sees me as somewhat feminine but loves that side of me. I bought her a decent looking $300 dollar ring on valentines day that I saved up for, made her a custom valentines card that I drew myself, wrote a poem on it in my handwriting, and gave her a cute stuffed animal in the mail with it. That INSTANTLY won her heart and she still keeps the ring today even though the gem fell out of it more than once. In fact she spend more money on repairs on it than I paid for the ring, and when I told her she didn't have to hold onto the cheap ring, she got mad and said she'll always cherish it.

SO! try being cute or romantic~! who knows. The hardest part of dating a Taiwanese girl was getting her to trust you and open up to you... Once you're past that things get a lot better and you realize how lovely and human they can be :)

good luck!
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Just wondering what would get taiwan girls' attention. They aren't paying me any but i'm not sure ive seen other guys get much attention either. Im out the back of pacific sogo downtown taipei sitting on a bench. Tons of girls about some bordering on the modelesque but nobody interacting. All on phones including me. How much is a ticket to the Philippines again haha.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:Just wondering what would get taiwan girls' attention. They aren't paying me any but i'm not sure ive seen other guys get much attention either. Im out the back of pacific sogo downtown taipei sitting on a bench. Tons of girls about some bordering on the modelesque but nobody interacting. All on phones including me. How much is a ticket to the Philippines again haha.
You can get a ticket to the Philippines for $25 if you book a few weeks in advance. Otherwise, there are plenty of $50 tickets too. Usually between 1000 pesos to 3000 pesos. Do a fare search here:

http://www.cebupacificair.com

You should visit me in Angeles City! We would have a blast every night! You'll feel like you're in adult disneyland. Very surreal.

Btw, the Taiwanese girls on OkCupid.com or POF.com should be looking for white guys. Have you written them there yet?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Xephoroph,
So if you had nothing in common to talk about when you first met, then how did you escalate anything? What did you do from there if she has nothing to say? Sure I can "work" on girls too. Most nice guys can. I do that with all girls I like. But if they don't reply me or put anything into or don't make time to meet me, it's a dead end.

You're not telling us anything that we don't already know. You're just saying things that are common sense. Instead, you seem to validate what I say that it's all about destiny. If something is meant to be, it happens naturally. You don't "make it happen" by following some formula or technique. Either she likes you or she doesn't. Either she feels energy with you, or she doesn't. Either your paths cross, or they don't.

With Taiwanese girls I feel no energy. It's like beating a dead horse. No synergy or chemistry or way to jumpstart anything. I can say the sweetest things or the most romantic things. They get creeped out by it, because flirtation is taboo in Taiwan. And they act like I'm supposed to be 100 percent platonic and square and not express any desire. They don't allow me to be human or a real man.

Overall, it's a no win situation.

But how come I don't have that problem in China?

Perhaps you've met a real gem. If you didn't meet your girlfriend, how would you have gotten a Taiwanese girlfriend if you had to go out there and meet them? You can't just cold approach all day and play the numbers game. There's not much payoff in it. Are you dating your Taiwanese girlfriend in Taiwan or in a Western country?

In contrast, I find that 25 percent of the girls in China are open to talking to strangers. So that's a high percentage that I can play the numbers game off of. That definitely puts me at bat. Not so in Taiwan it seems. I don't know why. I don't see any opportunities or doors open in Taiwan for dating or meeting women even. It's all around checkmate with no move to go. Even if I go on dating sites, I get no replies. No one will introduce me to anyone. And every girl acts like asking her out is a violation of boundaries.

The collective soul of Taiwan dislikes me I think, because I have bad karma from writing too many anti-Taiwan articles. lol. But that's stupid, because by treating me badly and excluding me, the Taiwan soul is just motivating me to write more "Taiwan sucks" articles.

Xephoroph
Freshman Poster

Post by Xephoroph »

Haha I'm not sure I can say she was a gem when I met her, she actually hated men because of how her father cheated on her so that made things even harder. What really got her to open up to me and give me a chance was when I showed that I really cared about her. She told me that she wasn't willing to even give me a chance until I put a lot of time and effort into writing that really long hand written letter telling her how I felt about her after being friends for a good 2 months or so of just having small talk and communicating with each other every day. I could really see what kind of person she was, hiding behind her shy mask and every chance I got to make her laugh it drew us closer. Personally I must say it doesn't seem like a Taiwanese girl fits your way if life, and that's not a bad thing at all! I kind of wish I got to meet different kinds of women in Asian countries before I settled down in a serious relationship haha; I'm not sure what it is but Asian women are so much more interesting to me than some annoying typical American girl, they just always seem to be more down to earth. I wonder whom your most enjoyable relationship was with, I'm curious to hear about your dating experiences, I don't have very many myself. :) P.S. Sorry that I wasn't any help, I didn't mean to waste anyone's time :P