How true is this?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

How true is this?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I did not want to make a whole thread about this, but I was lurking a black female forum and came across this comment:

"Eleven8, exactly! lol If they only knew smh I have a friend who is a nursing supervisor out in Cali. She said she had a real enlightening talk with one nurse from the Phillipines. They are raised to marry a white man and that marrying a black man is not acceptable unless he's rich. smh That's why all I do is set a mental clock whenever I see a rich black man with anyone other than a black woman. I wonder will they ever learn?"

hXXp://www.balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/vane ... 4#comments

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: How true is this?

Post by odbo »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I wonder will they ever learn?"
And this is a black woman saying this? :lol:

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

"White" in Asia means white skin, it doesn't mean white european man but middle/upper middle class white skinned asian man in the vast majority of cases. In the Philippines light skinned men and women are usually of Chinese descent and make up a large percentage of the middle and upper class people there. It's a similar situation throughout SE Asia.

In Thailand light skinned men and women overwhelmingly marry each other. I have never seen a light skinned Chinese-Thai man with a darker skinned Thai woman.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

To a Filipino you are an American first and secondarily Black. Local beauty standards may be for a European mestizo first and a Tsinoy secondarily with African features being similar to the lowest class Filipino features, however you measure racist attitudes of a society they fall near the bottom.

American Black women often think that others only take "the best" of African American men. They never stop to think that they may have rejected those men as not good enough in the past and he was good enough in hindsight.