Asians seeking 'western' look

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Rock, for some reason I always thought you were Asian.

I've seen some before and afters in Korea that boggle the mind, meaning from bad to amazing.

I forgot to add that the western standard of beauty is being heavily promoted everywhere. Even in China, what is considered beautiful are the girls who look the most caucasian from what I see in magazines. I've seen gorgeous girls with line eyes and high cheekbones and when I ask my friends they are considered flat out ugly.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: On the flip-side, a lot of the girls in 3rd world or developing 2nd world Asia who in theory want European foreigners actually would prefer a local guy, all else equal. Its just that local guys with reasonable means have no interest in them so they settle for the foreigners.
It's basically scarcity at play here with reasonably well off (middle class) local men who aren't completely clueless being hard to find. Attractive asian women are just not a rarity like they are in the U.S. so there's boundless opportunity for the single man. Even asian-american women that are considered lookers in the U.S. would just be merely average most of the time in asia.

There's also such a thing as home team advantage in Asia as long as you're reasonably hip and decent looking. For instance a Korean-American with ok looks would do fantastic in Korea. I think Winston never was able to play this role due to the way he is but it definitely exists. My Thai-American friends live it up like rock stars and all doors are generally open to them whereas for me i'd have to put in more effort into it.
As a European descended westerner, I've found it relatively easy to find attractive young girls in China and Taiwan who are genuinely interested in me. Not so for Thailand and PI. In Thailand where I've spent more time, the best I generally get is a 'here today gone tomorrow' or 'out of sight, out of mind' kind of interest.
Thailand is too much of a cross roads for sex tourists and hard up walking penis expats. This means Thai girls swing between extremes. Either they are demure and shy or outright club whores or actual whores working the scene. There's very little in between.