Japan vs Taiwan vs South Korea

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Japan vs Taiwan vs South Korea

Japan
62%
Taiwan
38%
South Korea
No votes

Total votes: 13
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Re: Japan vs Taiwan vs South Korea

Post by Jonny Law »

According to cost of living and the entitlement of their women:
Shitty, Very Shitty and Even Worse

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Let everyone here know that @Yohan claim that he lives in Japan cannot be trusted because he shows no proof at all that he lives there. No photos, nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

I would choose Japan. Taiwan is at China's crosshair and USA's meat shield. South Korea sucks socially, and lack good opportunities for foreigners
. South Korea is also "an island" instead of peninsula(North Korea at top and surrounded by oceans at three sides).
Japan is not that bad despite many problems.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

kangarunner wrote:
March 23rd, 2023, 12:38 pm
Let everyone here know that @Yohan claim that he lives in Japan cannot be trusted because he shows no proof at all that he lives there. No photos, nothing.
What about you? Nobody knows who you are, where you are living, and what you post here is often rather BS, contributing nothing to this forum.
Where are your pictures?

Ths forum does not have a gallery for adding pictures, however one HA-member met me face to face in Japan in Tokyo, and another one in Thailand in Pattaya, where I have my second home.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 23rd, 2023, 12:49 pm
I would choose Japan. Taiwan is at China's crosshair and USA's meat shield. South Korea sucks socially, and lack good opportunities for foreigners
. South Korea is also "an island" instead of peninsula(North Korea at top and surrounded by oceans at three sides).
Japan is not that bad despite many problems.
We share the same opinion it seems.

About South Korea, it is unfortunately really a small country and overpopulated - this would be better after unification, as North Korea has less population and even a little bit more land - but there is no improvement of the political situation in sight.

I feel sorry for both, for the isolated ordinary North Korean people, but also for the South Korean who are facing every day a very hasty life-style, which makes them hysterical, even crazy and aggressive.

This short video speaks for itself...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JWfHOy_B9F4

I think the new government in Seoul is doing the right thing to try to improve a better relationship with Japan,
South Koreans are now able to stay in Japan for up to 90 days without a visa for tourism, visiting relatives and business and all airplanes between South Korea and Japan are fully booked weeks before scheduled departure. No visa required, no limit about the max. number of arrivals anymore into Japan.

Japan has about 125 million people and is about 4 times larger than South Korea, which has 52 million people, and prices are now almost the same in both countries.

Japan is a fairly good and a nearby escape route for many South Koreans to get away at least for a few days from their own crowded country.

Japan also is still overpopulated, but if you just drive out of the big cities there is clearly more greenery, open land, and by far less people around you than in South Korea.

There are also various problems in Japan of course, nobody will deny that, it is not the paradise of course, but from what I have seen so far, still better to live in Japan than in South Korea.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

@Kangarunner he probably just want to be private about it, that doesn't mean he isn't living there just because he haven't showed any pics or whatever. I just dislike all the race mix preaching he does sometimes, but even despite all that. I don't think he made any of it up though.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 12:48 am
@Kangarunner he probably just want to be private about it, that doesn't mean he isn't living there just because he haven't showed any pics or whatever. I just dislike all the race mix preaching he does sometimes, but even despite all that. I don't think he made any of it up though.
Thank you for your comment.

It's not that I am living in hiding in Japan, but if somebody I don't know contacts me, is approaching me and wants to know something about me, I think it is only polite to ask him in return that he should first of all introduce himself.

However so far this is not the case - kangarunner remains silent about himself.

I said already that I am living in Japan since more than 40 years, now in Okayama prefecture and that I am a white man from Europe - this should be enough information about myself, I am with this forum since about 9 years.

I also said, 2 other members of this HA-Forum met me face to face, one in Tokyo, and the other one in Pattaya (my second home).

-------------------------------------------------------

About race mixing, just my opinion - if you have a problem dating women from your own country, why should you stay alone? And I am not the only one in this forum which is called HappierAbroad for a good reason asking this question - therefore what does not work out locally with your own people, why should you not look out for a partner from abroad?

Of course there are men, who insist their wife MUST be white, even of same ethnicity, MUST speak their native language fluently like a native speaker, same religion too, otherwise reject her etc.

I consider that as a preference, up to the individual, but I think such a man is limiting his partner search considerably.

We all criticize women who say, their man must be tall, must be rich, must be this and that... and finally these women - not so few - are complaining about where are all the good men...

Same is true with men, if you restrict your search by excluding already a huge number of women, because of their race/ethnicity, relgion, language they speak, etc. I think it's being too choosy and you might end up finally single.

-----------------------------------

About myself, I never had a problem about looking out for women of different race from different countries as my future partner. My requirement was only that my woman must be straight and born as a female - no ladyboys, no bi-sexuals etc.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
May 15th, 2011, 6:16 am
Naiss,
As Rock pointed out, the issue of TW girls being approachable or not is more complicated than a yes or no answer.

Consider the following:

- White guys experience a different Taiwan and date different types of girls than Asians do. Even Momopi, our Expert in Asian culture here, confirms that.

- It is true that Rock showed me some girls in TW who were approachable, so he changed my mind a bit on that. However, I am not totally wrong either. You see, the fact is, the majority of TW women out in public are not gonna stop and talk to a stranger. If you're really attractive and stand out, you'll have more luck, but generally speaking, it doesn't work that way. Women are shy and not used to talking to strangers. Typical TW people will tell you that you meet girls in TW through connecting activities - school, work, extracurricular activities, etc. Couples in TW usually meet through friends. If you ask them, that's what they will tell you. They do not meet through cold approaches.

There are a minority of women that will talk to strangers, but even among them, it doesn't mean that they will be interested. A lot of girls will suddenly flake out and not follow up, even if they were friendly to your face.

- Meeting TW girls is do-able, as Rock claims. But that doesn't mean it's easy or flowing like SE Asia, Latin America, or Russia. It takes more work and indirectness. Also, it depends on how hot the girl is too. The hotter and taller they are, the less approachable they are.

- It also depends on your approach style. If you are direct, like me, you won't find TW to suit your style. But people like Rock are more indirect. He approaches girls there by asking them innocent questions or directions first, or they approach him asking innocent questions or directions. Then he works it up from there. Momopi does something similar, even though he is Asian.

But you can't do what I did in Russia (esp if you're Asian) and walk up to girls in Taiwan and say "Excuse me. I think you're very attractive. I'd like to meet you." That style does not work there. And I think even Rock will admit that. Even he cannot say that in Chinese as an opener in a cold approach.

In Russia, I used that cold approach thousands of times. THOUSANDS. Literally. It fit the communication style in Russia. But it doesn't fit the communication style in Taiwan.

There are many sweet friendly girls in Taiwan, yeah, but they are shy and it takes some work to break through to them. Connections and activities help too. I think most expats in Taiwan do have a partner there, but she may not be that good looking.

But there are many parts of Taiwan that are still backwards and conservative, and you may feel alienated there. You can live comfortably there, but most guys I know don't report it as being the most exciting place. People there usually live for routine and structure, not new experiences, similar to how many Americans are.

Anyway, I hope that sheds some light on this issue.
Winston, the reason you are not having success in Taiwan, now I never been there for the most part, so grain of salt, etc.

Taiwan is different from China in many ways. First of all, Winston, you like chess, you like Gnosticism, new age, conspiracy theories, debunking fallacies, etc. In China there are many alternative medicine and yin-yang, and feng shui and thats why you had some success there in the past. In contrast, Taiwan is far more modern and though there are some practitioners of those (e.g. feng shui, herbs, etc.), there's less of eating cats and dogs type of culture. You remember high school and you were bullied and couldn't get strong grades for college admissions to Ivy League, UCLA, UC Berkeley? You know Taiwanese don't have community colleges there? So even though they are nicer compared to American women in your experience, Taiwanese women can't relate to you.

First of all, there are blind dates in America. Taiwan is not so liberal socially and thus you have to meet Taiwanese girls through connections, extracurriculars, etc. But Winston, you forget, they can smell it on you. They may not be able to articulate it, but Winston, its not worth the effort. Think about it, when they were younger they aspire to get admitted to the state university that has difficult entrance exam scores for admission, and they completed their degree, and they aren't so interested for American citizenship, they are not misfits, they are not open minded, and you're not exactly rich enough to bail the misfits out of Taiwanese prison or finding a lower-class girl working in a rural area.

White guys in Taiwan, its different, Winston, you're not teaching English in Taiwan. A white guy in Taiwan comes there, teaches English, and figures out where the "map" of the area, what coffee shops the Taiwanese girls who desperately want American citizenship are. The reason you can't figure that in Taiwan compared to China, is obvious, in China the vibe is closer to you and China is like a second world country while parts of it are like a third world country, and the climate is closer to San Francisco while Taiwan's weather is very much like the Philippines. Also in China some white people (American expats) there sometimes struggle because first of all, they're not used to China being a 2nd world country that eats cats and dogs so there can be difficulty in not having conveniences back at home, while Taiwan is quite modern.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I love Japan too, that's my vote for sure.

Taiwan is beautiful, but in a tragic bind being a sort of geopolitical poker chit between the "Western" ZOGs and China, both of whom threaten to potentially destroy it, or at least harm it badly. A major bummer, as is what happened to Hong Kong, which was so wonderful in the 80s-90s (possibly other eras too), but then got caught between a jewish Soros-funded "color revolution" and a hardcore authoritarian CCP police state crackdown. Taiwan is still a wonderful place though. (And unlike our man @Winston, I also like Taiwanese people and really didn't find them to be supposedly mindless/soulless automatons at all, but hey, we all have our own POV on such matters, LOL.)

South Korea has a lot of cool points but the Koreans I've known were pretty f***ing stressed out and considered it pretty bleak even though they weren't in any way "self-haters," and I think our own @Natural_Born_Cynic has driven that point home on HA quite informatively, so South Korea would only be my third choice.
I'd still rather go to any of these 3 vs the jewnited states though, the only redeeming factor of the jewnited states at this point being because there's more big black women (my "preference") there, LOL. :lol:

At this point I am probably not planning to move to Japan anymore and I'm concerned about the fact so many destructive foreign immigrants have been let into Japan.
I'm planning to live fulltime in the Caribbean while I've got the fire in me, with Vietnam as an escape option if I get too old and need a kinder and gentler change of scene if I start to puss out, LOL. But I love Japan really a lot.

I decided to stop banging Asian women, but I also love Japanese women, as well as loving the country, language, and culture whole-heartedly (which I still do, proving I wasn't just a sleaze interested in Japan only in order to poke their chicks, LOL).

And.... sorry if I rub you guys who are obsessed with imagining Japan to be a bastion of sexual conservatism the wrong way, but this guy who posted this back in 2011 was right:
ssjparris wrote:
May 15th, 2011, 3:37 pm
okay i LOVE japanese women. some women that look as good as the japanese lady talking in the first few seconds of the video may not be approachable. but from my experience. japanese girls are AWESOME. they love me just because i am a tall handsome black guy. haha.
I don't know anything about being a tall handsome black guy since I'm white "to the nines," but it's the same for tall handsome white guys there, FYI. E.g., being politely sexually propositioned by a lot of women and also some men (Ahhh, fuckin' faggots!!! 😭😭😭😭 ... but at least they were polite and didn't try to cop a feel or grab my ass or anything! 😬)
ssjparris wrote:
May 15th, 2011, 3:37 pm
this also includes white guys too. a white friend of mine got like 5 girls. and they ALL found out he was cheating on them all. hahahahahaha.
Yup, I am not the "offender" in question here, but I know several white guys who had average or below average impressions of themselves and then ended up in Japan and having sex with over 100 Japanese women.

I'm not going to do anything like that anymore (100+ women quite possibly, but not poaching women in Japan anymore) and would rather be a friend to Japanese ultra-nationalists, but I hope I'll someday have time to go back there and hike around the mist-shrouded forested temples on Shikoku Island and go drink beer in Sapporo and other cool stuff.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
March 19th, 2023, 2:54 pm
Taiwan would be my choice of country to live in a couple of years for the following reasons:

1.) It's the least expensive of the three to be in.

2.) It has a subtropical climate.

3.) I believe in numerology in which I'm a life-path 1. And since Taiwan is a "5 vibration" country, it is a natural match for me. As for South Korea it's a "7 vibration" which is also a natural match. Japan is a "6 vibration" in which I would only visit, but not live there.

4.) Taiwan has beautiful warm beaches.
I like Taiwan too, but southern Japan and Okinawa and the archipelago of tropical islands between Japan and Taiwan also have beautiful warm beaches and tropical islands.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/