Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Well yeah, compared to the US, 2 girls flirting with you from another country in one year is better than none in 10 years in the US. It's all relative. When I encountered filipinos in the US though, they tried to hook me up with their family members(including women who were 17, close to 18 ) on many separate occasions. Yeah, it wasn't a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but just ONE time was better than NONE. Even if I turned them all down, which was kind of stupid on my part, thinking back on it. :P
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Poor guy: getting wrongly accused of sexual harassment for the second time by American women.

Accused of Sexual Harassment again

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblM_aJm ... ture=g-u-u[/youtube]
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ginger wrote:

I give up, every guy here IS an EXPERT lol

Maybe I should give up being female and be a dike, I experience the same here, girls stare at me, they smile at me a lot, they are over aggressive to help out as well, especially the salesladies.

Hmm

Hmm

Hmmnnn
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
:D :wink: :shock: :shock: :!: :D :D :!:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:Poor guy: getting wrongly accused of sexual harassment for the second time by American women.

Accused of Sexual Harassment again

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kblM_aJm ... ture=g-u-u[/youtube]
Wrong thread!!!!!! :evil:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:I got sexually harrassed in China. I've heard a lot of other guys do as well!!!

Chinese women will also move fast if they want something from you (e.g. money or a wedding ring). Maybe that's why Winston stays on his island instead of going to the mad place that is China.

Maybe Asian guys fear strong women. There's a whole genre of Japanese adult movie that is focussed on this theme. It's not really my cup of tea, but they are quite funny movies . :lol:
Like "Discipline"?
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 4th, 2013, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Perhaps I'm too much in my own world and miss it sometimes but wherever I go in Phils (Metro Manila, Cebu, CDO, Davao, Gen San, Baguio, Subic, Pampanga, Bacalod, etc.) it really seems like most people (besides annoying touts in certain areas) just ignore my presence. I think I even get more attention in China, especially when I speak Chinese.

As for States, a funny thing happened to me. On my second to last trip a few months ago, a nerdy Berkley student got on BART in Bay Area, came up to me, introduced herself and asked if she could take seat next to me. She was very friendly and later told me that I reminded her a lot of a guy she had a crush on but wasn't available. We exchanged contact details too and too some photos. Hmm, nothing like that ever happened to me in Phils.

However, I joined a Philippine centric dating site and seem to attract all kinds of interest from Pinays there. The irritating thing is, even though I emphasize that I'm looking for taller girls (which I define as just 5'5" or above in a short country like Phils) in my title and again in what I'm searching for section, majority of girls who write or express interest are shorter :(

One thing u should understand if u r an average looking male of white European ancestry - your genes represent a sort of opportunity to a lot of Pinays. The beautiful people u see in Phils are almost all mixed with a good degree of NE Asian or white blood, ie not pure or nearly pure Malay blood. There are international standards of beauty which supersede cultural preferences. Someone who rates very highly in one country or culture will do well in other cultures and same holds for those who rate as very unattractive. Vast majority of Pinays you see out and about publicly in most of the country seem to have unfortunate genes from an aesthetic point of view at least. Most purer Pinays seem to have at least a few of the following:

- overbite

- receding chin and bite

- prominent skin moles

- proportionally wide shoulders

- extreme short stature

- large pores at an early age

- short nose with low bridge

- poor skin elasticity which leads to premature wrinkling, nasty stretch marks for mothers, and saggy breasts

They also often have poor health (asthma and weight problems seem common for example).

So Phils may be a great place to go as a white guy from the first world if you want to date a lot of 5s, 4s, and below. Cus given your economic and genetic advantage, you can be confident that you are an good catch from an objective POV and will probably be popular with many members of the opposite sex one way or another.

But if you cherry pick (needles in haystack) by focusing on the small group of objectively attractive and often commensurately pickier Pinays, especially those who are financially independent, jury is still out as to whether or not you will enjoy any dating handicap at all vis-a-vis some of the better other countries.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Rock wrote:Perhaps I'm too much in my own world and miss it sometimes but wherever I go in Phils (Metro Manila, Cebu, CDO, Davao, Gen San, Baguio, Subic, Pampanga, Bacalod, etc.) it really seems like most people (besides annoying touts in certain areas) just ignore my presence.
My suggestion is that Rock and Ginger marry immediately; they are perfectly compatible :D
Rock goes to PI and gets no attention and Ginger does not flirt with foreigners.

Ginger - seriously. Everyone here can be fairly argumentative in nature. But when guy after guy reports his personal experiences and you imply that they can't be true and the guys are misinterpreting - that crosses the line and can be perceived as offensive. Personally, I have no reason to lie about my experiences. If anything I underreport what I experience because I know someone will question my honestly or accuracy, which pisses me off!

So to resolve this issue once and for all, I am posting my guide to know when you are being flirted with in the Philippines

HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BEING FLIRTED WITH IN PHILS

1. The girl asks you if you are new to her city and have anyone to show you around.
2. The girl asks you if you have a Pinay gf.
3. The girl asks you if you want a Pinay gf.
4. The girl asks you what hotel you are staying at and how you like it.
5. The girl happily accepts your invitation to coffee or dinner.
6. The girl professes she is falling for you even before the coffee arrives.
7. The girl happily accepts your invitation to your room after coffee or dinner.
8. The girl asks you what your shoe size is and says that foreign men have "bigger feet" than Pinoys.
9. You spend weeks in Phils and the only time you are alone is just after you arrive and just before you leave the airport.

Yes I wrote this tongue in cheek - but not by much!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 25th, 2018, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 4th, 2013, 12:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

1. The girl asks you if you are new to her city and have anyone to show you around.
A girl in China did that to me, and actually showed me around for a few hours. See viewtopic.php?t=15815
2. The girl asks you if you have a Pinay gf.
3. The girl asks you if you want a Pinay gf.
Happens to me in Mexico quite a lot. (Replace "Pinay" with "Mexicana.")
4. The girl asks you what hotel you are staying at and how you like it.
The girl in China helped me find a cheap, clean, and safe place to stay at.
5. The girl happily accepts your invitation to coffee or dinner.
I recently did so in Mexico, and ended up kissing her hand. See my response at the end of page 1: viewtopic.php?t=16186

Many times they are just being friendly with no romantic intentions - at first. But outside the U.S. matrix, it's not that hard for you, the guy, to take it up to the next level. :wink:
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Ginger wrote:
Haha, nice. I was simply trying to point out that not all behaviors like smiling can mean flirting, please see my other posts in this thread.
I did read your posts. You started out by saying:

"Why do some foreigners tend to think that pinays are soooooo into them that some are even sexually harassing them? In all the cases I mentioned, it's the guys who are harassing me, but clearly they might be thinking it's me who is throwing the harassment signals. GRRRRRR (sorry, pet peeve, ranting mode )"

All Taco, Outwest, Mr. S and others said (me included) is that flirtation is common in PI and can become quite aggressive and some Pinays hit on some Western guys. Frankly I find it fun; Taco felt it bordered on harassment. I don't think anyone seriously considers it sexual harassment in the Western legal sense of the term.

But you took it further denying that the men knew the difference between friendly smiles and being hit on. I think they know the difference. I certainly do. Does every Pinay hit on foreign guys? Of course not. But it happens, and happens often enough that many men report the phenomena.You might consider the possibility that they are accurately reporting their experiences. You claimed in another thread to respect direct discourse, yet when guys are direct about their own personal experiences (not just their opinions on something they haven't experienced) you argue the point. It's a silly debate.

The bottom line is that many Western men report that they are often hit on by Pinays. Believe it, don't believe it - doesn't matter.

Oh, one more addition to my list HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BEING FLIRTED WITH IN PHILS

10. The girl goes to your room and screws your brains out afterwards. That might just indicate she was flirting with you, but I could be wrong ;)
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

davewe wrote:
Ginger wrote:
Haha, nice. I was simply trying to point out that not all behaviors like smiling can mean flirting, please see my other posts in this thread.

"Why do some foreigners tend to think that pinays are soooooo into them that some are even sexually harassing them? In all the cases I mentioned, it's the guys who are harassing me, but clearly they might be thinking it's me who is throwing the harassment signals. GRRRRRR (sorry, pet peeve, ranting mode )"

All Taco, Outwest, Mr. S and others said (me included) is that flirtation is common in PI and can become quite aggressive and some Pinays hit on some Western guys. Frankly I find it fun; Taco felt it bordered on harassment. I don't think anyone seriously considers it sexual harassment in the Western legal sense of the term.
As a recently married man, my concern was having friendly, sexy, virgin, teenage girls in their prime throwing themselves at me on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. I have my wedding ring on, they know I'm married but they don't seem to care, some of them even know my wife. In fact, they'll try to convince you that your wife or girlfriend is no good so they can move in for the kill. I guess, "husband stealing" might be a better term for what I experience than "sexual harassment".
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

davewe wrote:
Ginger wrote:

But you took it further denying that the men knew the difference between friendly smiles and being hit on. I think they know the difference. I certainly do. Does every Pinay hit on foreign guys? Of course not. But it happens, and happens often enough that many men report the phenomena.You might consider the possibility that they are accurately reporting their experiences. You claimed in another thread to respect direct discourse, yet when guys are direct about their own personal experiences (not just their opinions on something they haven't experienced) you argue the point. It's a silly debate.

The bottom line is that many Western men report that they are often hit on by Pinays. Believe it, don't believe it - doesn't matter.

Oh, one more addition to my list HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BEING FLIRTED WITH IN PHILS

10. The girl goes to your room and screws your brains out afterwards. That might just indicate she was flirting with you, but I could be wrong ;)
Exactly.

I shall believe you because in some parts you are only speaking for yourself, just don't speak for other men, that is silly.

Why can't people agree to disagree? I do not agree with Taco's post and I think he is misinterpreting lots of cues. I agree with Mr S and you. What is wrong with it?

Sheesh really. Taco can speak for himself, no need to play big bro guys. Okay just to end this, I believe in taco, I believe in taco especially if with beef and some salsa on the side lol :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Taco wrote:
As a recently married man, my concern was having friendly, sexy, virgin, teenage girls in their prime throwing themselves at me on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. I have my wedding ring on, they know I'm married but they don't seem to care, some of them even know my wife. In fact, they'll try to convince you that your wife or girlfriend is no good so they can move in for the kill. I guess, "husband stealing" might be a better term for what I experience than "sexual harassment".
Okay now I understand you.

Don't mind those sort of women. I guess they are the equivalent of trailer trash (not sure if I used the term correctly), or are plain desperate or downright evil.

See, you could have said this sooner. Grrrrr :P

I'll be nicer to you from now on, now that I finally have data to understand where you are coming from.