Just spent a month in South Korea

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Just spent a month in South Korea

Post by chanta76 »

Well I have a girl friend in Korea. We might get married. Anyway, while I was in Korea I did some observation.

Korean girls are skinny and prettier than American women. This is no brainier. Most Asian women in matter of fact most women in other countries are skinnier than American women. I think it's the diet and life style.

The service in Korea is 10 times better than what I get back in New York City. I notice people in Korea have less attitude and seem more put together.

I think someone mentioned that when it comes to mental problems we have more of them in the states. I believe in that.

I don't know why people keep saying Koreans are racist. Sure they are racist but no more than what I find here in the states. I mean growing up as a Asian man I experience racism from white and black people. Koreans have their own racism and nationalism but if your not Korean it's not like they will threaten you or attack you. Once in awhile I see a white or even a black guy with a korean girl friend. It's not like as if the local Korean guys attack them.

Speaking of which you see mostly Korean couples. Once in a blue moon you might see a Korean guy with a white girl or even a black girl. When it comes to inter-racial dating disparity where you see Asian girls with white guys ..you see more of it back in the states.

Overall..if I can I would want to live in South Korea. I just found it nicer there. At least for me. If I do get married I plan on living there for at least a year..

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just spent a month in South Korea

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:Well I have a girl friend in Korea. We might get married. Anyway, while I was in Korea I did some observation.

Korean girls are skinny and prettier than American women. This is no brainier. Most Asian women in matter of fact most women in other countries are skinnier than American women. I think it's the diet and life style.

The service in Korea is 10 times better than what I get back in New York City. I notice people in Korea have less attitude and seem more put together.

I think someone mentioned that when it comes to mental problems we have more of them in the states. I believe in that.

I don't know why people keep saying Koreans are racist. Sure they are racist but no more than what I find here in the states. I mean growing up as a Asian man I experience racism from white and black people. Koreans have their own racism and nationalism but if your not Korean it's not like they will threaten you or attack you. Once in awhile I see a white or even a black guy with a korean girl friend. It's not like as if the local Korean guys attack them.

Speaking of which you see mostly Korean couples. Once in a blue moon you might see a Korean guy with a white girl or even a black girl. When it comes to inter-racial dating disparity where you see Asian girls with white guys ..you see more of it back in the states.

Overall..if I can I would want to live in South Korea. I just found it nicer there. At least for me. If I do get married I plan on living there for at least a year..
Nice to hear from you again, Chanta. Your observations about Korea is very similar to what I observed when I went back to Korea in 2009. I was surprised to see how modern and nice the country was in comparison to when I was last back in Korea in 1989. My uncle who used to live in the U.S. and now lives in Korea says life is better in Korea than in the United States. Personally, I don't understand why so many Koreans want to live in the U.S. when life is so much better in Korea including the women, less racism, better economy, etc. Good luck to you and congrats on your pending marriage.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just spent a month in South Korea

Post by Jester »

chanta76 wrote:Well I have a girl friend in Korea. We might get married.
Congratulations... on the girl and also on having taken action.
chanta76 wrote:Once in awhile I see a white or even a black guy with a korean girl friend. It's not like as if the local Korean guys attack them.
Good news, thanks for sharing this. In the states many of us tend to buy into stereotypes.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Chanta keep in touch. Falcon and Zboy1 need you in the game. LOL Nah just kidding. But it's nice to have great Azn representation on H.A.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!