I am talking to a filipina.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: I am talking to a filipina.

Post by Halwick »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???

Too bad you told her of your intentions to go to the USA. Had you told her you will be going to Thailand or India or any other NON-western country, would she still express interest in going with you? I doubt it. But if she did, then maybe you have something.

To most Filipinas, getting into the USA and a better way of life is the prime objective. Once she gets a foothold into the USA, she can bring their entire family over, move them in with her (and you).....and eventually move you out of your own house....if you are easygoing and laidback about the whole thing. I've seen that happen to many men I know married to Filipinas.

Don't know how long you've been talking with her, but if it's been a short time, I.e., a few weeks and she is asking you for money to help her family, or she says, she LOVES you and wans to marry you, then DROP her quickly. It's a scam for sure. I don't know about you, but Love is a very special quality of feeling for another person and it takes time to develop that feeling. Filipinas use that word all too freely, lightly and frivolously to catch a sucker.

Filipinas are fun playmates and can make life interesting if you don't mind the soap opera drama, but you have to be careful and wary about what she says. Verify her stories if you can. When you hear too many inconsistencies and contradictions, drop her!

(Okay, maybe it does sound like I've been burned or jaded, but I have all my money, assets and "jewels" intact and haven't lost thousands like a lot of nice, trusting guys have.)
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: I am talking to a filipina.

Post by Halwick »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???

Too bad you told her of your intentions to go to the USA. Had you told her you will be going to Thailand or India or any other NON-western country, would she still express interest in going with you? I doubt it. But if she did, then maybe you have something.

To most Filipinas, getting into the USA and a better way of life is the prime objective. Once she gets a foothold into the USA, she can bring their entire family over, move them in with her (and you).....and eventually move you out of your own house....if you are easygoing and laidback about the whole thing. I've seen that happen to many men I know married to Filipinas.

Don't know how long you've been talking with her, but if it's been a short time, I.e., a few weeks and she is asking you for money to help her family, or she says, she LOVES you and wans to marry you, then DROP her quickly. It's a scam for sure. I don't know about you, but Love is a very special quality of feeling for another person and it takes time to develop that feeling. Filipinas use that word all too freely, lightly and frivolously to catch a sucker.

Filipinas are fun playmates and can make life interesting if you don't mind the soap opera drama, but you have to be careful and wary about what she says. Verify her stories if you can. When you hear too many inconsistencies and contradictions, drop her!

(Okay, maybe it does sound like I've been burned or jaded, but I have all my money, assets and "jewels" intact and haven't lost thousands like a lot of nice, trusting guys have.)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick's idea is right. Best to tell chicks u r going to live third world, in a piss-ant third country, not hers or yours.

To reduce the green-card-factor.

BUT. Let me contradict Halwick. White chicks can fall in love in one weekwith online chat. Brown chicks even faster.

Maybe people SHOULDNT fall in love that fast. But they DO.*

*Jester declined to answer if he himself has ever been so stupid as to fall in love so fast.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

I would do what Mr. Man said. Sh## test her & tell her you want to live there; and hold that narrative for a time period of 2 weeks to 2 months if you can. It may not last that long; but if she's down w/ you, it will not be an issue.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Jester wrote:Halwick's idea is right. Best to tell chicks u r going to live third world, in a piss-ant third country, not hers or yours.

To reduce the green-card-factor.

BUT. Let me contradict Halwick. White chicks can fall in love in one weekwith online chat. Brown chicks even faster.

Maybe people SHOULDNT fall in love that fast. But they DO.*

*Jester declined to answer if he himself has ever been so stupid as to fall in love so fast.

Well, I guess you're right, Jester 'ol boy. if you're a pretty good player and know the right words and buttons to push, i.e., offer them hope, a better life, money, adventure and fame and a thrill of a lifetime .....you can make ANY girl, regardless of color or nationality fall in love with you real quick. After all, isn't that what they're looking for?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:
if you're a pretty good player and know the right words and buttons to push, i.e., offer them hope, a better life, money, adventure and fame and a thrill of a lifetime .....you can make ANY girl, regardless of color or nationality fall in love with you real quick. After all, isn't that what they're looking for?
I suspect that just 2 of those 6 items, ANY 2, could be enough to create a nice infatuation in the right girl at the right time.