Divorce Rates: Foreign Women vs. American Women

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
dano
Freshman Poster

Divorce Rates: Foreign Women vs. American Women

Post by dano »

Some encouraging news for guys dating or married to foreign women. These divorce statistics vary according to which source your using.

The divorce rate for American men who marry American women: 57%
(officially). But since the figures from several states (including
California) are excluded, the true national divorce rate is likely
closer to 65%. The divorce rate in California is over 70%.

The divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women: approximately
20%.

So you can marry an American woman and have a close to two-thirds chance
of getting divorced, or you can marry a foreign woman and have at least
a 75% chance of success.

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/archive/ind ... -6159.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hey this is great info! Another reason to avoid marriage to an "ameriskank" the divorce is a lot higher if you marry one of them, as opposed to marrying a foreign girl.

Just avoid American women like the plague and you will be doing yourself a big favor! :D
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

jamesbond wrote:Hey this is great info! Another reason to avoid marriage to an "ameriskank" the divorce is a lot higher if you marry one of them, as opposed to marrying a foreign girl.

Just avoid American women like the plague and you will be doing yourself a big favor! :D
Which is not hard because everything has been done for you already. They are the ones avoiding you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ladislav wrote:Which is not hard because everything has been done for you already. They are the ones avoiding you.
That's true! Women in America avoid men, so it's easy for men in America to avoid women! :D

You wonder how people in the US even actually meet one another! :shock: No wonder why the rate of marriages is at an all-time low in the US, people aren't able to meet other people!
have2fly
Junior Poster

right

Post by have2fly »

Yep - how DO YOU meet a woman in the USA? In the everyday life, if you talk to a woman and say something besides weather or "watching football last night" they just freak out and run away and label you a "creep". Chicks from web sites seem to look for douchebags or white trash guys, if you are normal and intelligent or write normal stuff in your profile that is actually "different" from other guys - they never write (because they probably can't label you anything they know).

When girls are in groups and you talk to them, they laugh and go away talking among themselves "look at that needy creepy guy".

When you are in the bar or a club, girls are almost always in groups and they almost never talk to you, unless they bum a cigarette.

HOWEVER, everything changes when you go out with your girlfriend or just hot chick friend! American chicks seem to always talk to me when I would go out with a girl :) I've noticed that many times. WTF is that American chick logic? Where does it come from? Basically, they think "if that girl likes that guy, I should like him as well". WOW! So finding a single available guy is not interesting??? Russian girls think the exact opposite. As they say "ruining someone's happiness will not bring happiness to you" (meaning breaking up a couple to get the guy for yourself).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the official link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/MobR ... endixA.pdf
It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available.
Steve N sent this to me about the reasons why Americans divorce so easily.
Lack of social Stigma over divorce

http://students.eng.fiu.edu/~denver/pdf ... ceRate.pdf

The one major change that has pushed up our divorce rates so dramatically is the lack of societal stigma. The fabric that help together unhappy marriages in the past was not legal hurdles or lack of women's rights, but rather a very negative opinion of divorce in the American community. Couples who were unhappy knew that a divorce would bring even more unhappiness, in the form of rejection and derision from families and peers. Even their children would suffer at the hands of classmates and teachers. The threat of being disgraced in the community was enough to keep them together for better or worse.

In western countries like the USA, getting a divorce is
just as easy as getting dessert. Should I or should I not?

One of the reasons the divorce rate is so high is that people have such a
shabby view of marriage. Consider how many people actually go to Las
Vegas to get married - with not even a thought of seeking God's blessing.
Given the low esteem of marriage that this represents, is it surprising that
so many of them get divorced?

Expecting Perfection

I've once heard a woman say, "I don't want to divorce my husband, but if he
doesn't change, I have no choice." IF HE DOESN'T CHANGE! All of this while
she was actively looking for someone else...while still married. But she is so
perfect, she is entitled to demand perfection of others. Until she realizes that
some of her ways need to change, men will always turn out to be dogs. All
of her relationships will end the same way. One of the reasons people get
divorced is that they demand and expect perfection of the other person.
Once someone expects perfection from another human being, they will never
fail to be disappointed. Then they will find themselves unhappy in their
marriage, supposedly because the other person is not making them happy.
There are some people who will not be happy, regardless of whom they
marry.

Selfishness

(According to Dr Twenge's work, she says that the rise in narcism was most noticeable among American woman!! Keep in mind, selfishness is a key compenent of Narcism. )
This leads to another reason why people get divorced. People are inherently
selfish. I am not happy. I don't care about my spouse or my children, what
about ME? Sure you need to look out for yourself, but people today look
only after themselves. But that's human nature. The flesh is inherently
selfish. Modern relationships consist of two people trying to take from each
other as much as they could. When they realize that the other person could
no longer give them what they want, they opt out.

Lack of Commitment

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... r_the.html
I believe this is the major American reason for getting divorced. U.S. couples stand before the minister, rabbi, or justice of the peace and often repeat the words "till death do us part", but rarely do they really consider the implications of this promise. Couples of past generations seem to have understood commitment so much better. I am always amazed when I read the stories of World War II brides who married after knowing their fianc� for only a few days, weeks, or months-then went on to spend fifty or more years together. It couldn't have all been a "bed of roses"-learning to live with someone they hardly knew, yet they made it work. These couples understood commitment Americans unrealistic belief of “expecting to be in love all the time�

A misunderstanding of "love".

Unfortunately, Americans base their views on what love is primarily from what they see in the movies or on television, or read in a novel. Love according to these sources is that special, heart-throbbing feeling that you get from just seeing someone or hearing their voice. Almost every couple will experience these feelings, especially when they are first dating. For many U.S. couples, when the "feelings" fade away and the reality of actually living with and being committed to someone with all their faults and failures sinks in, that's when the marriage dies. The individuals move on to the next "exciting" person who comes along, until they "feel" like they are "in love" again-after all, isn't that how our society portrays love? Love is so much more than feelings; it grows into something that is steadfast, deep, and abiding rather than shallow.

I'm a lurker in various American cheating forums and pretty much every reason I have read as to why a woman cheated was because the "chemistry" went away and they felt as though they were being cheated out of the soul mate experience.

Americans quit

An inability to work through difficulties. When the going gets tough, Americans tend to quit. Finances get tight sometimes. Unplanned children are born. Planned children put unexpected stress on a marriage. It is easier to just walk away than to work through the problems.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this article that explains why American women initiate 66 percent of divorces!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/14610 ... e-divorce/
Overview
In 2000, two law professors, Margaret Brinig from Notre Dame University and Douglas Allen from Iowa, conducted a surprising study. The two professors studied 46,000 divorce cases filed in four states---Connecticut, Virginia, Montana and Oregon---to find out why women file for divorce. The results of that study, published in "These Boots Are Made for Walking: Why Most Divorce Filers Are Women," proved to be surprising. Women are 66 percent more likely to file for a divorce than a man, Brinig and Allen say. However, the reason why has proven unexpected.

Domestic Violence Not a Factor
Contrary to expectations, divorcing in order to escape domestic violence was not prevalent, according to this landmark study by Brinig and Allen. In Virginia, for example, only 6 percent of the divorce cases showed violence as a cause for the divorce.

Infidelity Not a Major Factor
The Brinig and Allen study, reviewed in the New York Times by fathers rights advocate John Tierney, found that adultery on the part of the husband was also not a major cause of divorces filed by wives against husbands. Infidelity on the part of the wife was not significant either.

Exploitation Not a Factor
While the wives' feelings of being "too good" for their less financially or socially successful husbands was cited in 20 percent of the divorce cases studied, Brinig and Allen still found that even this reason---"I'm tired of him living off my back financially"---did not account for a significant majority.

"Because I've Outgrown Him"
Women today often decide to divorce their husbands because they have simply outgrown them, according to author Carol Ann Wilson in her book "ABCs of Divorce for Women." Wilson, a professional counselor for women in financial issues, says that many more women are simply realizing that they have new career and personal growth opportunities. Wilson says that wives who married young especially develop new perspectives over the years, perspectives that outdistance their husbands' ability to keep pace.

"Because I Don't Need Him"
In this age of continuing independence for women in general, divorce often is an escape for women who simply do not want in a marriage anymore. Some women just don't feel they need marriage any longer to feel complete or be successful, according to author and researcher Ashton Applewhite in his book "Cutting Loose: Why Women Who End Their Marriages Do So."

"Because I Will Win"
Statistically, author Margaret Brinig says, women who filed for divorce most often felt confident they would receive advantageous custody agreements. "The question of custody absolutely swamps all the other variables," Brinig said. "Our study found that children are the most important asset in a marriage and the partner who expects to get custody is by far the one most likely to file for divorce." Brinig adds that not only are women certain they will get custody, they divorce specifically in order to "gain full control over the children."

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/14610 ... z17KlLJE4u
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Check out this article that explains why American women initiate 66 percent of divorces!
Actually I heard on the news that 72% of all divorces in America are initiated by women! That's almost 3 out of 4 divorces in the US are initiated by women! :shock:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this questions on girlsaskguys.com about Foreign women vs. American women.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/Dating-Ques ... women.html
There is a growing trend in the United States of men preferring or even only exclusively dating and marrying women from other countries, cultures, raised by immigrants, etc.

Some men say it's because the feminist movement in the U.S. has gone too far and that U.S. women are too much like men now in comparison to their foreign counterparts. Other men say it's because foreign women tend to value the relationship more, put more effort into it (because of their differences in culture), and are more clear with their intentions and don't play games. Finally with growing obesity rates in the U.S. more than any other culture, some men consider the majority of U.S. women too overweight and don't take care of their bodies(nor am I denying that American men can be overweight/obese as well) compared to foreign women who tend to keep in better physical shape.

Some U.S. women say it is because U.S. men want submissive, "mail ordered brides" (which I personally find to be rather offensive to consider any woman as such). Some say it is because they can't handle a "real" woman and have to go overseas to find a more "frail," and dependent woman. Some say these men are fat and ugly themselves and cannot attract an U.S. mate. Some say many other things which are rather rude and degenerate which I shall not repeat out of politeness.

The list on both genders for and against goes on and on. Personally I have been in relationships with women from the U.S.A., Europe, Asia, and South America (Colombia, Brazil, etc.). I have found that while every country has it's crazies (both men and women) and relationships from hell, that the U.S. is on the top of this category and that overall my relationships have been better with women from abroad than with women domestically. I did live in their countries during some of these as well and had to deal with other demons as being an American citizen in their country trying to date their women.

One set of facts to be kept in mind:
U.S./U.S. divorce rate is over 50%
U.S./Foreigner divorce rate is at 20%
U.S./Foreigner with U.S. husband living in the country of the wife: unmeasurable at barely above 0%

So what I ask is;

Men: Do you prefer U.S. women or Foreign women (or non American women if you are not from the States)

U.S. women: why do you think men seem to prefer foreign women over American women (and please give legitimate answers, none of the "not a real man," "fat, ugly, etc." rude answers. They are disrespectful to both men and the women they are referring to.

Foreign women: why do/don't you think U.S. men prefer relationships/marriage with Foreign women over U.S. women?
Look at how ignorant some of the responses are. They don't even admit that there is anything wrong in the US or its women!
Um...cause you're making this up. The Divorce rate is 50% because people can get divorced...it's not really a bad thing, sometimes you just don't want to be with someone after a while...sometimes it just isn't the right choice. Women from Foreign countries also don't have access to a way to leave if they wanted to. It's like saying that a much larger number of people with cars tend to leave their home states then people without transportation.

The vast majority of what you are saying is raw anecdotal evidence mashed with some skewed percentages that don't analyze or explain anything.
I will say that you are incorrect in your assumptions. Some men in the USA do marry a foreign women because she has to depend exclusively on him for everything where as a women in the USA does not. I think most men who do this type of thing, do so out of desperation, fear of being alone and most of the men are at least 35 or older, mid life crisis! If you really love someone or you wanted to get to know them better why would you not wait and take time to get to know them? If you really love them, it will become obvious and you will marry them. Why rush in to something with someone you barely know after only 3 or 4 months? I would have to say that most the men that do this (I've seen a few on the internet upset because she left after she got her greencard) and most of them are not what you would call handsome and most are over weight. So all in all, I think that you're wrong & if people that live in foreing countries could get a divorce if it wasn't working would do so and there divorce rate would be no different. Once the foreigner becomes some what independant of her spouse and she/he gets the greencard they will leave. Heck, sometimes they actually have a fiance in their native country or a husband that they divorced to be able to marry in the USA, get their greencard, Divorce the husband and bring the husband they divorced from their country over to the usa and marry them.
What an idiot!

zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

One set of facts to be kept in mind:
U.S./U.S. divorce rate is over 50%
U.S./Foreigner divorce rate is at 20%
U.S./Foreigner with U.S. husband living in the country of the wife: unmeasurable at barely above 0%
Those are quite interesting, where does that information come from? I am just wondering if it is actually true.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Sometimes I don't understand posting the obvious...

Like you were going to get a different answer than what most AW give? On one forum I'm on, AW openly denigrate Foreign Women without much thought. They don't say these women are desperate for a Green Card, they call people like me stupid and desperate. The mid-life crisis attack is a familiar one as well.

It serves no benefit for any of the industries connected to marriage in America to say marriages to Foreign Women are less likely to divorce than if you marry an American Woman. They may mention the high divorce rates only for shock and awe reasons or to give people comfort in their decisions.

The divorce rate among those men who marry women from other countries is harder to define because almost nobody keeps track of that stuff. Most of the numbers are based on how many K-1's return back to their home country and how many Green Cards are applied for by sponsoring men/women. There's no survey, its not apart of the census, so its a guesstimate at best.

There are train wrecks even with marriages to Foreign Women and I'd say its almost always the man's fault but is unwilling to admit it. Just read some of these stories. Many of these men have beliefs I find strange at best or deeply rooted American Dogma which can ruin a marriage because of the lack of foresight.

But the facts are true, most AW start the divorce process and most women get full custody of the children.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

American woman wedding vows: "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or even better, for richer or even richer, in only good health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part or until you run out of money."
Kunold
Freshman Poster

Post by Kunold »

Blind is a man who marries a western white women
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a US Immigration reported cited by AFA that says that marriages to foreign women are less likely to result in divorce.

http://women.happierabroad.com/informat ... htm#Report
Impact on U.S. Marriages

According to data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, there were 2,395,000 marriages in the U.S. in the 12 months ending June, 1997 (and 1,154,000 divorces in the same period). The 4,000 to 6,000 marriages involving international services represent, then, a tiny portion (.021 percent) of the women who marry U.S. men.

It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

pete98146 wrote:American woman wedding vows: "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or even better, for richer or even richer, in only good health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part or until you run out of money."
That was priceless and so true! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."