Winston, you still trust AFA (A Foreign Affair)?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston, you still trust AFA (Foreign Affair)?

Post by Winston »

OP,
I don't have any answers to your questions. The AFA owners and managers have always publicly said that you should just go on their tours and meet REAL women rather than write letters, which is useless anyway, cause it all comes down to face to face chemistry.

Sure there may be some corruption in AFA, but that's true of any business or company, especially larger ones with a multi-national presence. You have to remember that AFA is not a monolithic company. It's a company with many subcontractor agencies under its umbrella. This is not a clean world. We all know that. There is good and bad in everything, including good companies. But that doesn't mean that they don't have value. Obviously a big company that's successful must be producing some VALUE or else it wouldn't stay in business. You gotta use that value the best way you can. That's what we all do.

Also, I am not the romance tour police. I sell advertising space here. If you want to complain about unethical business practices, contact the BBB or FTC. Not me. I'm just a seller of advertising space. No one is making you click on their ads anyway.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Sorry for my delayed reply, can be a little difficult to talk about these types of things when girls are at your side 24-7.
Winston wrote:I don't have any answers to your questions. The AFA owners and managers have always publicly said that you should just go on their tours and meet REAL women rather than write letters, which is useless anyway, cause it all comes down to face to face chemistry.
Really? You don't have any answer as to why you continue to post about "girls you can meet" and whether or not you have ever known anybody to be able to actually do so? And of course AFA would prefer that you "go on their tours and meet REAL women rather than write letters" BECAUSE THEY CHARGE $4000 FOR THE TOURS. And didn't you mean "rather than write letters to FAKE women"? Isn't that what you really meant? But if you read what I was saying, the truth is that if you choose to just meet some of them as opposed to the $4000 meat market tour, then writing is required. They force you to write numerous $10 letters back and forth before you can meet anyone. And during this, you have no idea if you are even talking to the real girl, my guess is not. Yes it does all come down to face to face chemistry, that's what I was attempting to do with them. Can't you read?

Winston wrote:It's a company with many subcontractor agencies under its umbrella.
Nice try, sounds like something right out of the AFA handbook. Except that the letters and information I'm getting are not from subcontractor agencies, it's from their Cebu office owned and operated by AFA.

Winston wrote: I am not the romance tour police. I sell advertising space here. If you want to complain about unethical business practices, contact the BBB or FTC. Not me. I'm just a seller of advertising space.
I haven't seen anyone here asking or expecting you to be the romance police. And again if you had actually read my post you would see that I completely understand selling advertising space and being an affiliate. But you actually go beyond that. First, as with this lame reply you have given, you make constant excuses for them. I've yet to see you come out and actually say anywhere on this forum that they cannot be trusted. You certainly aren't shy giving your opinions about other things. Second, you continue to post these threads about all of these girls that we can supposedly meet, knowing very well that it's at least partially a scam. Can you actually meet some of these girls? Well maybe, I'm sure that after you pay AFA enough money they will line up a few to meet you. Whether any of them were actually sincere about being on the site or meeting you, or whether you actually spent that $200 on messages first talking to the actual girl is highly questionable. And all that assuming that you are one of the few percent that actually go there, and AFA knows that most won't. So I ask my question again, after all these posts you make about girls we can meet, do you actually know of anyone who really has? Do you actually know of a single person that has actually met girls through AFA without spending $4000 on a meat market tour? And I am talking about the easiest place in the world to meet girls, the Philippines. Yes or no?
HA is a major forum for this type of subject matter, and AFA is supposedly the largest of such organizations. But yet nobody from their organization is ever around to answer any of these type of questions. NEVER! Don't you wonder about that Winston ? Why don't you call them and ask them why not? Wouldn't you think it would be so much better if they would drop in here and prove me and these other guys wrong? Why don't they? It's rather obvious to all of us that they don't want to put themselves in the position of being asked direct questions. And you know it.

You are a real piece of work Winston, you don't have the ethics to call a spade a spade here, presumably because you think it might cost you a few bucks. And the sad part is that you don't really need AFA or anyone like them, you have never monetized this site properly. For quite a few years you have had a steady stream of very targeted traffic here and what have you really done with it? A couple of grand a month? Instead of developing and promoting your own products and services in this realm which could have made you very nice money, instead you chose the lazy way of affiliation and banner ads. Worse, your biggest affiliate/advertiser is scamming your readers and you don't have the guts to admit it. Your pathetic reply here is a simple message to all of your readers. That you have no qualms about making even small money off of advertising from people who are trying to scam us. Thanks Winston, we appreciate it!
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

"AFA has been very professional when I dealt with them. Back in 2002, I arranged two introductions in their St. Petersburg office. When both ladies failed to show and stood me up, AFA refunded my money. No problem. And when I email them with a problem, they usually get back to me within one day. But you have to understand that they are a business and are professional salespeople. In the business world, professional salespeople are always going to highlight the pros of their products/services in the best light possible, not the cons. It doesn't make them bad or dishonest. That's just how salespeople in the business world are. No one who runs a business is any different.

"But AFA does have a lot of success stories though. You can see their video testimonials here: http://women.happierabroad.com/tour/testimonials.shtml

"Mark Davis met his soulmate and wife Anna through an AFA tour. She treats him like gold and has never asked him for anything. See their wedding/family album here: https://plus.google.com/photos/+MarkEdw ... banner=pwa

"Also, Tony Bochene met his ex-wife on AFA too, whom he says he was happily married to for years."
viewtopic.php?t=13176

So some people do find happiness abroad through AFA.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston, you still trust AFA (A Foreign Affair)?

Post by Winston »

To the OP:

Well I trust them to pay me well. hahaha. Is that what you mean? lol. What do you mean by "trust them"? Trust them in what sense?

If you mean trust their business practices, well that's a broad question. I haven't been their client since 2002. I trust them to be professional and courteous. But they are not airtight. Some of the ladies on their tours could be gold diggers or scammers. But that's part of life. In the FSU, tons of women are greedy and believe they have a right to use men who are willing to be used. So you will no doubt encounter that. But you gotta weed through them. It comes with the territory. Nothing is risk free. AFA may not be a saint, but they do what they need to to survive and I'm sure they are doing their best.

How about you try ordering the AFA profiles with email addresses and try writing them that way instead? That way you don't have to pay per letter. Try that and see what happens.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:To the OP:

Well I trust them to pay me well. hahaha. Is that what you mean? lol. What do you mean by "trust them"? Trust them in what sense?

If you mean trust their business practices, well that's a broad question. I haven't been their client since 2002. I trust them to be professional and courteous. But they are not airtight. Some of the ladies on their tours could be gold diggers or scammers. But that's part of life. In the FSU, tons of women are greedy and believe they have a right to use men who are willing to be used. So you will no doubt encounter that. But you gotta weed through them. It comes with the territory. Nothing is risk free. AFA may not be a saint, but they do what they need to to survive and I'm sure they are doing their best.

How about you try ordering the AFA profiles with email addresses and try writing them that way instead? That way you don't have to pay per letter. Try that and see what happens.
Email addresses are not available for the VAST majority of girls at AFA. I checked. The company needs to get out of the pay per letter business. It has fraud built right into the model.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Watching this video, I can only say, some men are trusting women too much = acting in a very stupid way.

However of course, to be cheated, this can happen to you with the typical American girl next door too.
It's not only limited to women from overseas.

If women in USA and Europe would be OK, AFA would not exist, it would be out of business.
The problem is Western women are often useless and some agencies and foreign women are creating - at least partially - a scam business out of it.

This is a story of a typical male US citizen, lonely, overweight, has some money, but no experience about life overseas.
It is a strange way of communication, to talk privately to each other only with interpreters, this is not the way it should be.
However scam or not, interpreters and introduction staff have to be paid as well as the rooms for the parties etc.

If you cannot talk to each other directly, you have to study about foreign languages too.
Nowadays there is plenty of electronic help too for translation with the help of computers.

To bring women back to Western countries, even if they are not scammers and have good intention is very critical.
They often change their mind and behavior after arrival.

In my case, and so far I see out of experience, relocation of the Western man to her native country is better, just my opinion. Of course not every man can do that out of various reasons or is interested in moving out of Western countries.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Voyager1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSmrEm6yQbI[/youtube]
This guy's just got to bite the bullet and get in shape, and it's obviously a total reclamation project. Then everything changes. But nothing will until he does. You can't have a fulfilling relationship with a woman with any degree of vibrancy when you're a physical wreck.

Bad as he looks now, this guy actually would have a fairly strong presence around women if he'd lose 50 pounds and install some muscle. But being a federal bureaucrat in Washington will over time turn you into a vegetable. I know from experience. Not that such employment is stressful or deters you from exercising -- quite the contrary -- but it is an environment of idleness and stupefaction. He has to rise above his environment.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

What's conspicuous in this video is when the guy sits down to talk with her and the interpreter starts laughing. Does she know this girl is already hitched? Who is the man with them? Chaperone? Boyfriend? Husband?

They just want to milk this guy for as much as they can. Even after meeting. And then this guy goes back to use the same company for the same charade.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

@ voyager1

I agree with you.
However the problem is unfortunately that such men will only listen to our advice from forum members when it is already too late.

He spent, as I can see in the video, about USD 10.000,- for meeting ONE woman (and she does not even look like anything special)...
That's a crazy amount.

Yes, the interpreter and the other man next to her is a strange setup. I would never accept that.
Either I can talk with a woman undisturbed face to face without anybody next to me - or forget about it.

Her profil says, she is a student, 23 years old and can communicate in fair English.

Usually you can expect such an East European woman to be able to communicate - spoken and written - not only in her native language.
Interpreter for what? If she cannot, something must be wrong with her educational background.

I can give only the advice for men, before you start to look around in East Europe/Russia, learn some basic Russian and this is not an easy language for a native english speaker - it takes time but you should not depend only on English. You really need some language knowledge when visiting that region.

Kherson is not a big city, only about 300.000 people are living there. I would insist to see her home, her daily life. How can you spend USD 10.000,- and you see her only in a hotel room? What is her address, her phone number, her email, the company or university she is visiting, her other family members and so on.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Winston wrote:I don't have any answers to your questions. The AFA owners and managers have always publicly said that you should just go on their tours and meet REAL women rather than write letters
Mr Natural wrote:Really? You don't have any answer as to why you continue to post about "girls you can meet" and whether or not you have ever known anybody to be able to actually do so? And of course AFA would prefer that you "go on their tours and meet REAL women rather than write letters" BECAUSE THEY CHARGE $4000 FOR THE TOURS. And didn't you mean "rather than write letters to FAKE women"? Isn't that what you really meant?
Winston wrote: I am not the romance tour police.... I'm just a seller of advertising space.
Mr Natural wrote:I haven't seen anyone here asking or expecting you to be the romance police. And again if you had actually read my post you would see that I completely understand selling advertising space and being an affiliate. But you actually go beyond that. First, as with this lame reply you have given, you make constant excuses for them. I've yet to see you come out and actually say anywhere on this forum that they cannot be trusted. You certainly aren't shy giving your opinions about other things. Second, you continue to post these threads about all of these girls that we can supposedly meet, knowing very well that it's at least partially a scam. Can you actually meet some of these girls? Well maybe, I'm sure that after you pay AFA enough money they will line up a few to meet you. Whether any of them were actually sincere about being on the site or meeting you, or whether you actually spent that $200 on messages first talking to the actual girl is highly questionable. And all that assuming that you are one of the few percent that actually go there, and AFA knows that most won't. So I ask my question again, after all these posts you make about girls we can meet, do you actually know of anyone who really has? Do you actually know of a single person that has actually met girls through AFA without spending $4000 on a meat market tour? And I am talking about the easiest place in the world to meet girls, the Philippines. Yes or no?
HA is a major forum for this type of subject matter, and AFA is supposedly the largest of such organizations. But yet nobody from their organization is ever around to answer any of these type of questions. NEVER! Don't you wonder about that Winston ? Why don't you call them and ask them why not? Wouldn't you think it would be so much better if they would drop in here and prove me and these other guys wrong? Why don't they? It's rather obvious to all of us that they don't want to put themselves in the position of being asked direct questions. And you know it.

You are a real piece of work Winston, you don't have the ethics to call a spade a spade here, presumably because you think it might cost you a few bucks. And the sad part is that you don't really need AFA or anyone like them, you have never monetized this site properly. For quite a few years you have had a steady stream of very targeted traffic here and what have you really done with it? A couple of grand a month? Instead of developing and promoting your own products and services in this realm which could have made you very nice money, instead you chose the lazy way of affiliation and banner ads. Worse, your biggest affiliate/advertiser is scamming your readers and you don't have the guts to admit it. Your pathetic reply here is a simple message to all of your readers. That you have no qualms about making even small money off of advertising from people who are trying to scam us. Thanks Winston, we appreciate it!
Winston wrote:To the OP:
Well I trust them to pay me well. hahaha. Is that what you mean? lol. What do you mean by "trust them"? Trust them in what sense? ...
I've been away for awhile, but I come back today and see you replied, TWO YEARS LATER. I think anyone who reads my posts in this thread will be very clear what I meant by "trust". As to ordering a profile you know it's not that simple. I talked in another thread here about doing just that for a particular girl a few years ago while in Cebu. I talked to a lady in the AFA Arizona office, I think her name was Anna and seems like she was John or someones wife. Anyway she said the contact info for one girl was $250. That's American dollars my friend. And even then they required you to email back and forth a number of times first, so the total would be over $300 for one girls info. Now I have to admit the girls photos and video were very hot, but wow, $300 for a phone number?
Look, I haven't been to this site for quite some time and I haven't checked, but I would bet you are still posting all those photos of "girls you can meet". That's not being "just a seller of advertising" and you obviously don't give a rats ass about your readers or whether they are scammed. You might be a nice guy otherwise Winston but you obviously have zero integrity. Again I ask you, why do you not get them to come here and answer questions? Don't you find it odd they NEVER post here? And why do you continue to post their pics of women for which there is substantial question of their intent or even existence? Come on man. Can you say bullshit boys and girls?
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mr Natural wrote: ... I talked to a lady in the AFA Arizona office, I think her name was Anna and seems like she was John or someones wife. Anyway she said the contact info for one girl was $250. That's American dollars my friend. And even then they required you to email back and forth a number of times first, so the total would be over $300 for one girls info.
At least it seems they give a clear price information.
Nobody is forcing any man to pay USD 300,- for a phone number of a girl.

To be honest, you must be seriously down and deeply frustrated as a man if you give somebody USD 300,- for a phone number of a girl who maybe might not even exist.