Something Every Married Man Should Know

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Something Every Married Man Should Know

Post by fschmidt »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:studies show that virgins have just as much adultery as non virgins after marriage.
link?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

fschmidt wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:studies show that virgins have just as much adultery as non virgins after marriage.
link?

not off the top of my head but I read divorce rate was the same I think. Im assuming infidelity would probably be together with that correlation.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:not off the top of my head but I read divorce rate was the same I think. Im assuming infidelity would probably be together with that correlation.
Really?

http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/201 ... -risk.html
http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/201 ... -post.html
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

If thats true then thats good to know. I thought i saw where virgins were just as likely to cheat after marriage as non virgins. do you have a study on virgins and actual infidelity?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I couldn't find anything interesting-looking in academic articles from a search of Google scholar. A regular Google search brought up this thread which links to a book that asserts that surveys show that those who are virgins at marriage are much less likely to cheat, but I don't see footnotes for the assertion like you'd see in an academic article.

http://books.google.com/books?id=obSXAg ... ry&f=false
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I'm looking at a 1973 article, but I have some good library access to academic articles through JSTOR. The article is extramarital Involvement: fact and theory, The Journal of Sex research. It looks like a literature review. I'm not going to read the whole thing. it says that Kinsey and his associates found that among women, women who engaged in premarital coitus were about twice as likely to engage in extramarital affairs.

That being said, Kinsey's research methods were garbage. He'd go into bars and interview people instead of doing random sampling. Statistical methods had begun to be developed, and he wasn't following the good methods. He'd talk to sexual deviants and report his findings as if they were relevant. That's where the 10% homosexual figure comes from. Maybe 10% of the more sexually liberal or libertine folks he talked to were homosexual. It's likely children were molested to collect his data, too. There was a lot of bad research, methodologically and probably ethically as well.

Be that as it may, you can look up the article I mentioned on Google scholar and look up articles that cite it if you are really interested for a correlation. It does make sense that virgins at marry are less likely to stray. Having sex is a much bigger deal and more closely tied to marriage. Marriage may mean more to them. If a woman's been sleeping with hundreds of men, and one of them puts a ring on her finger, is it that big a deal to sleep with the 102th man if he doesn't give her a ring?
hybrid
Freshman Poster

Post by hybrid »

Respectfully if my wife tells me it's over I won't be jumping on the next woman in the next 10mins. That's just plain common sense and has nothing to do with understanding women. This says more about his feeling than hers, clearly he felt it was over and that is why he overreacted. He should've been a little more patient if things we reconcilable.
RUgirlfriend.com - Build Relationships with Russian & Ukrainian Women
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I have heard these kinds of stories from guys living in the Philippines and Thailand. They try to marry a bar girl. Its a common story. But 99% of the time it never works out. Hence the saying you can take the girl out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl shes marred to the bar or you cant make a whore into a house wife. You get a similar thing with western girls with high notch counts who cock carousel there way through college. They simply become incapable of forming any kind of stable relationship with a man.
Of coarse strippers have a long list of problems which are even worse than bar girls.

Signing a one sided contract like marriage with a near certain chance of it being broken is obviously a very bad idea.
משה בן יצחק
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

tom wrote:I have heard these kinds of stories from guys living in the Philippines and Thailand. They try to marry a bar girl. Its a common story. But 99% of the time it never works out. Hence the saying you can take the girl out of the bar but you cant take the bar out of the girl shes marred to the bar or you cant make a whore into a house wife. You get a similar thing with western girls with high notch counts who cock carousel there way through college. They simply become incapable of forming any kind of stable relationship with a man.
Of coarse strippers have a long list of problems which are even worse than bar girls.
Only a fool, blind, with no pride left in him, would marry a prostitute. Once a whore, always a whore.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144