Russian Romance tour worth it?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
njdood
Freshman Poster

Russian Romance tour worth it?

Post by njdood »

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this site today, after reading through various trip reports and other parts of this forum for the past month. I am planning to travel to Russia (not sure which city)next year on vacation, and am wondering if it is worth signing up for the so called "romance tours". I joined Elena's Models and have been communicating with a few ladies, but nothing serious yet. I was looking at the Romance tour advertised on this site and saw that the package was pretty comprehensive so it might make things easier. On the other hand, communicating with some ladies before arriving would have advantages where I would actually know more about the person I will meet.
As for a little background information, I don't know if I am seeking marriage right away, but am definitely looking for a long term relationship. Any advice that can be given would be much appreciated.

If I need to provide more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

okay... my plan personally i to just go there meet women and have sex.

i would be careful of elena's models. they could be gold diggers. they might not be gold diggers. sometimes they are a different woman online then they are in person.

i would just go to russia and approach some women. you'll love it there alot if you do it this way.
its up to you ofcourse.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you've got money and you've not been overseas much before than romance tours can be a good idea for a first bride finding trip.

They're pretty expensive compared to just booking a trip yourself.

Don't bother too much with chatting to some women before you go - the ones you chat to might not turn up. And if you fall in love before the tour then you've just wasted all that tour money as you'll only want to meet the lady you chatted to.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

It's a contradiction to "date" women online, come to see her and then say "by the way, I'm on a tour to meet dozens of other women to marry" - she will dump you faster than you can say "Zdrasvetere" properly.
I need extra information: your age, height and race (extremely important in E Europe) to advise you further. Now, Russia is NOT a place to go by yourself and have a smooth holiday, you will need help doing everything to begin with, so find some tour where there's translators to spend time with you.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

come to see her and then say "by the way, I'm on a tour to meet dozens of other women to marry" - she will dump you faster than you can say "Zdrasvetere" properly
WTF? :lol: That's totally stupid and naive. Most FSU women KNOW and EXPECT that you will be coming to see a few girls besides her. Many of them tell me that very often, like "how many other girls are you talking to?" They feel insecure and they feel the competition, which is the way it should be.

Russia is OK, actually any FSU city is OK to go by yourself, just use decent common sense. Of course, if you never been abroad, then you may run into problems. Well traveled people find Russia no worse than Latin American countries.

And you say "Zdrastvuite" although you write "Zdravstvuite", middle "v" is silent usually. It's a greeting, but literally you wish "good health", Zdorov'e is health is Russian.
I just joined this site today, after reading through various trip reports and other parts of this forum for the past month.
OK, you are from NJ? Honestly, are you guys living in a bubble? Have you heard of Brooklyn and Brighton Beach in NYC? It's filled with immigrants from FSU, many are ethnic Jews from FSU, however they still possess mostly FSU mentality and speak Russian among themselves. I mean, if I was living in NYC or anywhere nearby, I would be getting laid like everyday. The pool of girls is huge. My Russian friend lived in NYC for 2 years, he banged dozens of Russian-speaking girls that live there.
njdood
Freshman Poster

Post by njdood »

OK, you are from NJ? Honestly, are you guys living in a bubble? Have you heard of Brooklyn and Brighton Beach in NYC? It's filled with immigrants from FSU, many are ethnic Jews from FSU, however they still possess mostly FSU mentality and speak Russian among themselves. I mean, if I was living in NYC or anywhere nearby, I would be getting laid like everyday. The pool of girls is huge. My Russian friend lived in NYC for 2 years, he banged dozens of Russian-speaking girls that live there.
Not nearby, I live in Central Jersey, and it would take me 3 hours each way, with the traffic to get to Brooklyn. I hate driving to NYC as is, so I really don't want to venture there. I am actually currently emailing back and forth with a Russian woman who located to South Jersey recently, but who knows where that will go.

I have traveled abroad to Prague, Amsterdam, and Berlin before, so I do have travel experience, but it looks like I need to learn some Russian (which I am currently studying) to make any progress.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

I would just meet girls online and skype with them. Try something like interpals and get a relationship going. Even if you cannot bang her, it will give you an in to her social circle if you visit. More than likely she will introduce you to female friends if she does not want you for herself.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russian Romance tour worth it?

Post by djfourmoney »

njdood wrote:Hello Everyone,

I just joined this site today, after reading through various trip reports and other parts of this forum for the past month. I am planning to travel to Russia (not sure which city)next year on vacation, and am wondering if it is worth signing up for the so called "romance tours". I joined Elena's Models and have been communicating with a few ladies, but nothing serious yet. I was looking at the Romance tour advertised on this site and saw that the package was pretty comprehensive so it might make things easier. On the other hand, communicating with some ladies before arriving would have advantages where I would actually know more about the person I will meet.
As for a little background information, I don't know if I am seeking marriage right away, but am definitely looking for a long term relationship. Any advice that can be given would be much appreciated.

If I need to provide more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Here goes...

I'm on Elena's one of the betters web sites actually. I don't recommend contacting any women until you have a travel date, so you can rely to them that you are serious about seeing them. In reality only 8-10% of men total ever go to Russia or Ukraine to visit the woman/women the question, so you'll be considered "serious".

The tours I will tell you are not for the dear in the headlights type or if you don't work well under pressure (there is some) or have a hard time making up your mind, then a tour might not be for you.

With that out of the way...

I find it cheaper to do this -

Find a time to go to Europe about the time the tour is hitting Ukraine (AFA doesn't go to Russia currently). Why because the cost of going to Europe say off peak runs about $700-$800 and you are allowed to attend the social for I think $300, it might be less. A RT to Ukraine from say Frankfurt, Germany to Kiev is about $250, the fuel surcharges are less in Europe than in the US.

So add it up -

$700-$800 for RT to Europe
$250 to fly to Ukraine
$300 to attend a social

$1250 to meet roughly 200 women ($6.25 per woman)

A standard two city AFA Tour $3050-$3100

They handle all the logistics, if you are good at this, then you don't need them and save that money. Even if you traveled to the second city on your own and went to the second social, you may get charged another $300, it might be less, I don't know anybody that's done that.

Still only $1550 or about half of what they charge and you'll get a chance to meet 350-400 women.

Just know what you want, stick to your guns, don't take them on expensive first dates, make it simple. If your dead serious about it, let me know and I can put you into contact with somebody that knows how to hire personal translators for much less than these companies charge.

If all that is intimidating to you, then maybe you should go on a tour, but if you love adventure and a bit of a challenge then by all means DIY!

You can also visit any women you meet on the web while your in town.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

You are forgetting about renting or hotel costs in Ukraine, which is expensive in Kiev and cheaper in other cities. Roughly around $100 per night in Kiev and around $70 or so in smaller cities.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

You can find several aprtments in Kiev online that go for around $50 a night. Are they to be avoided?
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

No they are NOT worth it, but feel free to try as almost all guys spend thousands and come home alone...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

have2fly wrote:You are forgetting about renting or hotel costs in Ukraine, which is expensive in Kiev and cheaper in other cities. Roughly around $100 per night in Kiev and around $70 or so in smaller cities.

Hostels are cheap, why would you need more than that if you are not bring women back to your room? Now if she still lives with her parents, you can move out of the hostel and get a regular hotel room or rent an apartment.

I have connections in Kiev to get affordable apartments. Flat rate housing would roughly work out to $30 a night or less. As long as you're not intimidated by the locals, it won't be a problem.

That's what I did.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

polya wrote:No they are NOT worth it, but feel free to try as almost all guys spend thousands and come home alone...
They are largely going unprepared and with unrealistic expectations.

Both can be fixed... The problem the large companies have is the population of women actually looking for LTR in the socials is I would say roughly 40% and they aren't all model quality (9-10's) more like 8's, 7's and 6's.

Like I said if you can keep your expectations in-line with reality and focus on the task of finding Mrs Right not Ms Right Now (tonight).
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

djfourmoney wrote:
have2fly wrote:You are forgetting about renting or hotel costs in Ukraine, which is expensive in Kiev and cheaper in other cities. Roughly around $100 per night in Kiev and around $70 or so in smaller cities.

Hostels are cheap, why would you need more than that if you are not bring women back to your room? Now if she still lives with her parents, you can move out of the hostel and get a regular hotel room or rent an apartment.

I have connections in Kiev to get affordable apartments. Flat rate housing would roughly work out to $30 a night or less. As long as you're not intimidated by the locals, it won't be a problem.

That's what I did.

$30 per night through connection?Thats $900 a month, thats too steep relative to their income, they got 1st world pricing with 3rd world income

If you dont speak Uk/Russ it will be hard to meet relationship material, have2fly is different, he speaks language, knows culture etc but as anglo going to Ukraine or Russia to find a wife is llike walking through minefield,
Avoid agencies and internet, they attract gold diggers, hoes and professional daters, you have to do it old fashion way..
its a no brainer these women exclusivly date westerners, why do you think that is the case

Is there anything that is cheap in Ukr/Russia, like western food? How people survive on low wages and high prices, at least in Thailand prices are in line with their earnings
Obormot
Freshman Poster

Post by Obormot »

The prices you discuss are especially for you. They are very different from those locals pay.
This price difference is not specific for Ukraine. It's the rule of thumb for almost any travel destination.
Sometimes it's just a steal from those able to spend more, but sometimes it's the only way to get a service you're used to.

Specifically, you can rent an apartment for $100/month, but you have to rent it for longer than a few days.
It's not going to be downtown. It's going to be a scary neighborhood with heavily urinated staircases, broken elevator and possibly no hot water.
I guess you'll prefer a 9 times more expensive stay.

With food it depends a lot on what type of food you're talking about.
Most ukrainians cook at home with products they can afford, which doesn't always mean meat, for instance.
Inexpensive processed food could easily be cheaper in US due to optimized production and better logistics.
If you prefer McDonald's like most americans do when they are away from home, then expect McDonald's prices.
Mid class ukrainians prefer Puzata Khata (Пузата Хата) and similar. It's ukrainian fast food and it's probably too greasy for you.
Those with a little more money enjoy average class restaurants that serve food for twice less than in US.
Expensive restaurants have unreasonable prices, thus comparison makes no sense.

Average ukrainians make $500-$1000, which is roughly 5 times the american wage. This is exactly how cost of living compares too. Factor of 5.

Hope it helps.