Romance tours seem like a big fat scam...

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Romance tours seem like a big fat scam...

Post by WuFan »

I looked at all the videos and gallery photos of romance tours on afa.com

It looks like you basically pay 5k+ to hang out with obese and hopeless middle aged, socially awkward bald guys meeting tons of average or below average women. The women look nothing like they do on the photoshopped pics they have on their website. There were hardly any hot girls in the videos or photos and the ones that were seemed completely disinterested in the guys and they seemed like cold gold diggers.

Anybody ever been on a romance tour?
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Yes, having to hang around with those weird, fat, awkward, American guys would be my idea of hell. God, they'll probably want to marry me!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

It does seem like a lot of money to go on a romance tour. I think it would be better to just go the country your interested in and try to meet women on your own. This way you save yourself thousands of dollars.

I have heard horror stories of guys who married women from a romance tour only to have his wife divorce him as soon as she became a legal US citizen.

Of course, I have heard of some success stories like Mark Davis and his wife and some other men who have been married quite a while to the woman they met on a romance tour.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

jamesbond wrote:It does seem like a lot of money to go on a romance tour. I think it would be better to just go the country your interested in and try to meet women on your own. This way you save yourself thousands of dollars.
How are you gonna meet women if you´re there by yourself and don´t speak the language?

If you go out by yourself you´re automatically in the foreign loser with no friends category and if you hit on women during the day you´re the creepy sex beggar.
I have heard horror stories of guys who married women from a romance tour only to have his wife divorce him as soon as she became a legal US citizen.
I think there might be a couple reasons for this:

1. the guy married someone better looking than himself or he was too old for her.

2. she was a prostitute

3. the guy was a loser and possibly broke

I was also thinking of using dating agencies, but they also seem like a scam. The women are paid to meet you and work for the agency and have 0 interest in getting to know someone because they are already married or have a boyfriend.

The only solution to get a decent dating life seems to move to Thailand, but I´m not interested in Asian girls that much.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

holy shit this forum is dead.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WuFan wrote:The only solution to get a decent dating life seems to move to Thailand, but I´m not interested in Asian girls that much.
Thought about Latin America?
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:The only solution to get a decent dating life seems to move to Thailand, but I´m not interested in Asian girls that much.
why would it be any different there?

I feel like every place on earth has already been invaded by horny white men and I´m late to the party.

This forum is a joke. You can´t even say h-o-r-n-y? WTF.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:

I feel like every place on earth has already been invaded by aroused white men and I´m late to the party.
LOL don't exaggerate. :) What is your objective with "dating"? It seems to vary a lot among people in here. If all you want is a decent looking, sweet and caring young woman who will be a good wife and a responsible mother, there are literally tens of millions of them all around the world. Probably rural areas in emerging countries, including Latin America, would be better than large cities.
chekhov
Freshman Poster

romance tours

Post by chekhov »

I went on an AFA romance tour last year. I only paid $300 because I knew the rep in Odessa, as I was teaching English and living there, and he invited me. So I went to one in Nykolaev. A month earlier I had gone on a date through AFA's office in Nykolaev with a profile girl I wrote to on their website. She was great and I liked her but it was obvious she was not writing the letters. That realization turned me off to my contact with her. So, before going to the social, my friend had me look through profiles and I gave him profile numbers of girls. Oh, man, was I excited that those hotties might show up!
Next, before the social, I was sitting with my friend at a cafe on a cold winter day, and since he was in the business, some of his contacts came by, and I met a really hot girl--Anastasia. I walked over to the social with her and her friend the translator. I asked the friend if she would be my translator for the event and she agreed. My friend had told her to make sure to kick me in the butt and get out there and talk with the girls, so, it was a good thing. Then, walking inside the social, after all these months away, America crept back into my life in the form of John Adams and I was back in dickhead land. The guy would not let me use this girl as my translator and got all pissy over litigation issues (America is inescapable?) and he refused to let me participate without using his handpicked translator and signing some gay contract! Oh, well, I was inside, and yes, right down the lobby my eyes spied some beautiful Ukrainian girls, the stuff of legends! ...I'll sign!
None of the girls I had preloaded were there. Nevertheless, there were a good amount of girls who were interesting. But, the social dynamic is weird: it is kind of like speed dating, and you go around and collect numbers and talk briefly. Yet, I met one gorgeous 22 year old blonde who was high quality, but, she had previously met some dick carsalesman who took her to Jamaica and then broke her heart or something. So, she was kind of damaged goods in this sense and even though the champagne was flowing and I was joking with her and being real, she still had a reservation. I got her number, though.
Anyway, I ended up partying with Anastasia who was really fun and then her friends and her asked if they could ride back to Odessa with me and party some more. I was pretty drunk and said yes. My dumbass failed that night as the $300 I already withdrew on my card declined me anymore $$$ since I was abroad (not a good thing around Ukrainian girls) and the night failed. I apologized profusely and went out on a subsequent date with her and my friend's girlfriend as the translator but then things did not evolve. Oh, well, fellas, shit happens in the world. At least I survived a year in Ukraine even if no wife came out of it.
I am way more wise now. I don't think this chick was that genuine. And that's the problem and I think it could turn out very bad marrying a lot of these girls who on the surface are pretty with nice eyes but underneath it all... The whole AFA, Ukrainian internet scene is an industry and most of these girls don't care to marry a foreigner. I would not recommend it and I am pretty sure the other fellas did not turn out with anything, either.
Ukraine, hmmm...the enticement to go back, but damn, it's pretty tough. Definately speaking Russian is a major benefit (maybe almost necessity). Not many of them are good at English. (Except for a lot of the prostitutes. One of my friends even had an idea of opening an English language center for the prositutes as they will have money and they need English). So, there is a slice of it.
chekhov
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:

I feel like every place on earth has already been invaded by aroused white men and I´m late to the party.
LOL don't exaggerate. :) What is your objective with "dating"? It seems to vary a lot among people in here. If all you want is a decent looking, sweet and caring young woman who will be a good wife and a responsible mother, there are literally tens of millions of them all around the world. Probably rural areas in emerging countries, including Latin America, would be better than large cities.
Women ruined my youth so I want to make up for lost time. I was thinking of whoring around in Thailand first and f**k a couple hundred girls to get it out of my system and then marry a sweet, hot and young eastern european girl when I´m 30 and spend the rest of my life with her.

I´m 23, white, tall, big dick and about a 7 or 8 lookswise.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: romance tours

Post by Rock »

chekhov wrote:I went on an AFA romance tour last year. I only paid $300 because I knew the rep in Odessa, as I was teaching English and living there, and he invited me. So I went to one in Nykolaev. A month earlier I had gone on a date through AFA's office in Nykolaev with a profile girl I wrote to on their website. She was great and I liked her but it was obvious she was not writing the letters. That realization turned me off to my contact with her. So, before going to the social, my friend had me look through profiles and I gave him profile numbers of girls. Oh, man, was I excited that those hotties might show up!
Next, before the social, I was sitting with my friend at a cafe on a cold winter day, and since he was in the business, some of his contacts came by, and I met a really hot girl--Anastasia. I walked over to the social with her and her friend the translator. I asked the friend if she would be my translator for the event and she agreed. My friend had told her to make sure to kick me in the butt and get out there and talk with the girls, so, it was a good thing. Then, walking inside the social, after all these months away, America crept back into my life in the form of John Adams and I was back in dickhead land. The guy would not let me use this girl as my translator and got all pissy over litigation issues (America is inescapable?) and he refused to let me participate without using his handpicked translator and signing some gay contract! Oh, well, I was inside, and yes, right down the lobby my eyes spied some beautiful Ukrainian girls, the stuff of legends! ...I'll sign!
None of the girls I had preloaded were there. Nevertheless, there were a good amount of girls who were interesting. But, the social dynamic is weird: it is kind of like speed dating, and you go around and collect numbers and talk briefly. Yet, I met one gorgeous 22 year old blonde who was high quality, but, she had previously met some dick carsalesman who took her to Jamaica and then broke her heart or something. So, she was kind of damaged goods in this sense and even though the champagne was flowing and I was joking with her and being real, she still had a reservation. I got her number, though.
Anyway, I ended up partying with Anastasia who was really fun and then her friends and her asked if they could ride back to Odessa with me and party some more. I was pretty drunk and said yes. My dumbass failed that night as the $300 I already withdrew on my card declined me anymore $$$ since I was abroad (not a good thing around Ukrainian girls) and the night failed. I apologized profusely and went out on a subsequent date with her and my friend's girlfriend as the translator but then things did not evolve. Oh, well, fellas, sh** happens in the world. At least I survived a year in Ukraine even if no wife came out of it.
I am way more wise now. I don't think this chick was that genuine. And that's the problem and I think it could turn out very bad marrying a lot of these girls who on the surface are pretty with nice eyes but underneath it all... The whole AFA, Ukrainian internet scene is an industry and most of these girls don't care to marry a foreigner. I would not recommend it and I am pretty sure the other fellas did not turn out with anything, either.
Ukraine, hmmm...the enticement to go back, but damn, it's pretty tough. Definately speaking Russian is a major benefit (maybe almost necessity). Not many of them are good at English. (Except for a lot of the hoes. One of my friends even had an idea of opening an English language center for the prositutes as they will have money and they need English). So, there is a slice of it.
Thanks for telling it like it is based on a solid year of personal in-country experience. $300 for entry into 1 social sounds quite pricey. But the package fees charged by AFA and others sometimes mentioned here seem way out of line with common sense to me. Well, it makes sense if u r the kind of guy who can blow US$10 K without batting an eye. But for guys on a budget, US$1,000++ per social is just terrible value for money.

Everything I've read indicates the Ukraine was long ago fully explored and exploited, at least the key cities. - good for P4P and various forms of sponsorship. But much better chances for real relationship can be had in areas off the beaten path, perhaps Minsk? Even less user friendly but if you can get a degree of fluency in Russian and get a feel for what's going on, might be a great experience.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:

Women ruined my youth so I want to make up for lost time. I was thinking of whoring around in Thailand first and f**k a couple hundred girls to get it out of my system and then marry a sweet, hot and young eastern european girl when I´m 30 and spend the rest of my life with her.

Sounds like a good plan, if you have time, money and a thick enough shell around your conscience. Just be careful not to desensitise yourself to the point you won't be able to love a woman again.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote: Thought about Latin America?

Sounds like a good plan, if you have time, money and a thick enough shell around your conscience. Just be careful not to desensitise yourself to the point you won't be able to love a woman again.
I already reached that point a long time ago. I don´t believe in love at all. Being with someone still beats being alone all the time though.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote: why would it be any different there?

I already reached that point a long time ago. I don´t believe in love at all. Being with someone still beats being alone all the time though.
Sure, but finding one good woman who loves you also beats doing the same 15-minute bed workout with poor village girls who don't speak you language and only give a darn about your dollar. You don't even need to have a big dick or be a 7 or 8. Just open your heart again and be yourself.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote:
WuFan wrote:
publicduende wrote: LOL don't exaggerate. :) What is your objective with "dating"? It seems to vary a lot among people in here. If all you want is a decent looking, sweet and caring young woman who will be a good wife and a responsible mother, there are literally tens of millions of them all around the world. Probably rural areas in emerging countries, including Latin America, would be better than large cities.

Sure, but finding one good woman who loves you also beats doing the same 15-minute bed workout with poor village girls who don't speak you language and only give a darn about your dollar. You don't even need to have a big dick or be a 7 or 8. Just open your heart again and be yourself.
I think I have a better chance winning the lottery...twice.

Women all over the world are biologically the same though. If they like your looks they´re in love with you. Doesn´t matter if you speak their language or if they´re poor village girls.