Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

watts
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by watts » January 13th, 2018, 11:00 pm

Winston wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:07 pm
I don't get a few things about Mark and DC that are very odd.

1. First, why does he tell his clients to donate to a children's orphanage in Ukraine? They are giving him 5k, so why doesn't Mark donate some of that to the orphanage himself if he cares so much about it and wants to look caring and compassionate? He would look like a man of action if he did so. So a better way to market this charity thing is to announce to his clients that "When you pay for a tour, 10 percent of it will go to the children's orphanage here in Ukraine" or something like that. That way, it will show that he's giving away some of his profit to charity, which will mean he's putting his money where his mouth is. That would make him look far more credible if he did that. If he can't afford to give away 10 percent of proceeds, then at least he should give 5 percent. Otherwise, why bring it up at all? Why ask others to donate to charity if he doesn't do it himself? That makes no sense. Anyone can ask others to donate to charity. I could ask you all to donate to an orphanage too. But what would that prove? That I care about the orphanage and that I'm a compassionate man of charity? I don't think so. So it accomplishes nothing. A much better way is to tell the clients that a certain percentage of their tour fee goes to the orphanage, then they will think that part of their money is going to a good cause, and it will make Mark look like a man who puts his money where his mouth is.

2. Second, why does he ask his clients to tip their translator a big tip? Tipping is probably not a custom in restaurants there I would presume. They are already paying Mark 5k, so why can't Mark pay those translators a huge salary enough to make tipping unnecessary? I don't get it. I'm sure Mark at least gives the translators a few hundred dollars pay for the week, plus room and board and transportation costs. That's a lot more than they would get at a regular job in Ukraine. So why more? It just looks too greedy and excessive. If he's already getting 5 thousand dollars from each client, which is definitely A LOT for a romance tour, that should cover everything and include VIP treatment at least. Why ask for more? That just looks bad, especially since Mark himself could pay them more if necessary. I dunno. It just looks weird and bad and greedy. It's not what I would do. But then again, I'm not a shark. I'm a nice fair guy who treats people the way I would want to be treated.

What do you all think?

Btw I remember Mark told me once that his net profit isn't anywhere near what we imagine, because he has tons of hidden costs and expenses. Do you think that's true? What hidden expenses could he have that we would not normally guess? Bribes to government officials or mafia bosses? Big taxes? Debt?

Does he have to pay shareholders or try to increase shareholder value? I think since DC has been incorporated, that it is technically a corporation right? If so, does that mean it is selling stocks or bonds on the stock market? Is there any way to check if a company is selling stock on NASDAQ or not? Is there a website that looks that up? Anyone know about that?

Also, could Mark be a Freemason by the way? Is that why he receives so much free publicity and positive endorsements, even from the BBB and RipoffReport.com, which do not usually endorse romance tour companies? When you're a Mason, fellow Masons help you out and give you a helping hand right?

Why is it hard to "get"?
Open your eyes Winston. If you are in it for the money you charge as much as possible.
If you are in it for the money you let others pay things that make YOU look good for FREE like tip to translators or donations to orphanage.
You think the translators care whops money they get? They just care about how much they make. The more they make salary+TIP the happier they are. Remember some of these translator work for scam agencies and knowingly scam men with fake letters. No mercy, no honor.

Of course he will lie and say he not make a huge profit. Are you this gullible? Just like he motivates girl asking for money with "its normal part of the culture" he need a "reason" for the 5k price tag. "I have a lot of costs" BULLSHIT!!

Why do you think all the people he used to work with vanished? Because he is such a nice good man?

You seem stuck in "i rather believe in the fantasy than reality" mode like most men.
You should know better

watts
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by watts » January 13th, 2018, 11:04 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:47 pm
And notice any time he is under criticism he uploads orphanage videos to his YT channel as though that will make him look like a good guy. He claims to be a Christian, but didn't Jesus say when you give alms do not let your left hand know what your right hand does? Seems like he's blowing his own trumpet of what a great charitable guy he is, when it's really to make himself look good and make sales in his business.
Spot on!! He is desperate to be "somebody" like any other cult leader. If he can get others to pay for it all the better.
Like the scumbag preachers asking churchmember to donate because jesus want the preacher to live in mansions and fly on private jets.
There are no bigger con men than church people and hes neck deep in the cult.

watts
Freshman Poster

Post by watts » January 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Winston wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:54 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:47 pm
And notice any time he is under criticism he uploads orphanage videos to his YT channel as though that will make him look like a good guy. He claims to be a Christian, but didn't Jesus say when you give alms do not let your left hand know what your right hand does? Seems like he's blowing his own trumpet of what a great charitable guy he is, when it's really to make himself look good and make sales in his business.
When he mentions the orphanage, does he say how much he himself donates to it? Are there receipts to prove it? If so how much does he donate to it regularly? Does he donate to it regularly with monthly payments? Otherwise, what's the point of mentioning it? Makes no sense. Illogical. If he really cared about the orphanage, he should vow to donate a certain percentage of the tour fee to it, such as 5 or 10 percent. Then he would be putting his money where his mouth is.

Yeah that's what I don't get. gsjackson said Mark is a businessman and knows he's selling a dream. But if Mark is a Christian and his dad was a preacher, then doesn't he feel guilty for making misleading claims and promises? Doesn't he fear that God will judge him? I don't get it. I'm sure he rationalizes it somehow in his mind though. Every man rationalizes what he does in his own mind somehow.
Like being religious means you are a good person? You know pretty much all of the worst people in human history were religious right?
Its all about making MONEY. If a few guys by LUCK finds a wife all the better we can use them in marketing to suck in more clueless fools.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » January 15th, 2018, 8:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHp_2bwIdGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfIahM-rctU

Watched about 2 and half videos by Joseph Rickards, Matchguaranty. I also watched some of his stuff over the past year. His background? I found some like decade old plus real estate stuff / house flipping or something kind of like that.

Back to point, interesting talking about realistic dates for guys "zone of success." Some things stuck out, that he figured that his head matchmaker says they screen women , but estimate 80 percent sincere daters, and 20 percent scammers getting through their system, so they want customers to still be on watch for a scammer slipping through. Also, that good girls are afraid to go straight to a foreign bride marriage agencies fearing they will be sold into prostitution. Also said that $200 is more than a months average UK wages, and that there is a tiny middle class. A somewhat common thought that if you are rich in UK, you likely are corrupt. Pretty corrupt , Everything is for sale, including college degrees and advanced degrees......

So, reluctance of good ladies to kind of cold call walking into a marriage agencies and signing up, and scammers get through some, despite best efforts.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » January 15th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Last edited by TruthSeeker on January 15th, 2018, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » January 15th, 2018, 9:54 pm

good info, thanks TruthSeeker. Sticking out to me is Rickards statement that they can't screen out all the scammers. I was thinking, DC won't admit that because it would seem it would then show the DC price is not justified...but that apparently hasn't stopped Matchguaranty from a high price as you showed lol.....

also, based on the previous posts about quality ladies, how they said, few quality ladies just walk into marriage agencies apparently
Last edited by NMBob on January 16th, 2018, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Post by gsjackson » January 15th, 2018, 11:46 pm

arrowstar wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 11:39 pm

Winston, I never tried to say Hello to her and I cant believe she or any woman would just walk away after saying that.
You apparently haven't been to Romania.

watts
Freshman Poster

Post by watts » January 16th, 2018, 9:30 pm

NMBob wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 9:54 pm
good info, thanks TruthSeeker. Sticking out to me is Rickards statement that they can't screen out all the scammers. I was thinking, DC won't admit that because it would seem it would then show the DC price is not justified...but that apparently hasn't stopped Matchguaranty from a high price as you showed lol.....

also, based on the previous posts about quality ladies, how they said, few quality ladies just walk into marriage agencies apparently
Joe is spreading a lot of TRUTHS unlike most in this bizz.
BUT he is stilly a very shady/slimy guy and insanely OVER PRICED.
800 married couples yet he have ZERO interviews with married couples. Makes you go hmmmm
So watch his videos but for gods sake don´t waste money on his service.
Before he got his greedy fingers involved this agency was cheap like most other local agencies. He saw dollar signs and turned it in to the most expensive service in the country. Maybe he´s related to greedy Mark :lol: :lol: :lol:

But there are so many suckers out there so they never run out of clients.

This past summer on an AFA tour to Ukraine an OLD IDIOT gave 10.000 DOLLAR to a much younger girl he just met and not even kissed. They girl even said she was not comfortable with the age difference being 31 and he 56.
So the damn IDIOT transfer 10.000 DOLLAR in to her account to show he is serious=buy her love.
That could easily be 6-8 YEARS salary for the girl. And people wonder why GOLD DIGGERS go to the socials :shock:

He should have spent the money on a hair transplant instead. At least then he would get something for his 10k :D

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » January 16th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Doesn't John Adams offer coaching? Maybe Winston could ask him.

Did he get the girl?

Londonboy
Freshman Poster

Post by Londonboy » January 17th, 2018, 8:50 am

Crikey,

Where to start. Davis is clearly a seasoned polished performer and smoother than a pool ball. A very significant amount of the negative press (like 99.999999999%) of what is said about Davis is completely true. His business ethics can be described by the following story.

When he decided to open up in Thailand he had no female database, no contacts and frankly no chance. He was competing with a solid upstanding vastly experienced Thai based business person who was very well connected at all levels. Large amounts of money were offered to the Thai entity to establish Davis in Thailand and for the database of women. The deal was struck and to add credibility to the offer the Thai team were offered a trip to a tour to see the inner workings of the DC methodology.

What followed was 10 days of comedy. A total rehash of an AFA tour with some tweaks to make it look different. The writing was already on the wall for this deal so the Thai team went along with it to see how long it would take Davis to start with the underhand tactics. For the benefit of other readers there were 15 men on the tour the Thai team attended as observer. One got married to a girl he met through Dream Connections. Another got "married" but when the time came ro relocate to Smallville Kansas she got cold feet and they divorced without ever meeting again.

At this point I should say that the Thai team was looking for a reason to sack a Thai member of staff for placing false female information into the database which was continually being flagged up. It is very difficult to sack a Thai so much better to get them to leave.

It took a little time for Davis to show his true colors but eventually the tactic became clear. Pretend to honor the deal and secretly try to recruit the "key" Thai. Offer a salary enhancement and then get the key Thai to bring the entire 12,000 woman database across to kick start the new enterprise and find an excuse to back out of the deal. This is exactly what transpired and instead of the USD $260,000 offered as a consultancy fee
(bet you were not told about that Mrs Searcy) Davis paid a sop of $600 because he was scared that his tour would be wrecked by outside influences. His tour was wrecked but it was all Davis' fault anyway. A senior industry figure quite clearly advised the Thai team that there was no need to sabotage Davis as he is perfectly capable of doing it himself.

It is after all a classic bait and switch operation. None of the advertised girls show up at his events because he can only ever get 3 or 4 guys to go. There are some hotties there but they are PAID to attend the event and leave immediately after their job is done. The excuse is often the same. "Mr Client, you are a nice man but just not my personal style." Being Thai this is never communicated face to face as all Thais avoid confronataion. The other well worn excuse for the hottie flaking out is that "I have a date with another man tonight and would like to see how that goes first" A bit of a kick in the groin for a man that has paid USD 5000 to meet "exclusive women"

The stuff about screening is complete rubbish and I would heartily support Winston's earlier claims. There is no screening whatsoever.

So what has Davis achieved in Thailand?

As usual he is making large amounts of money at the expense of other innocents and delivering nothing. (just the pure statistical fluke that if you put 20 women into a room and 4 single hot horny desperate guys then the chances of one of the guys getting lucky are quite good.)

The site jabber stuff is also totally accurate. the bar girl thing with DC is totally prevalent. How come we know so much. Because one of the business partners in the group behind this text is a co-owner of one of the companies that owns 50% of Soi Cowboy. He recognized 7 of the 20 women at the January meet and greet as "waitresses" fro his bars. You can see that there is daylight coming through the windows at the Davis event so as usual these girls turned up (and got paid for it) before going on to do their normal jobs in Soi Cowboy.

The key figure behind the entire Davis operation in Thailand is a woman called Suthasinee Kumpapan known as Noi. She is a ruthlessly efficient Thai business person who has Davis' Thai operation by the testicles. She has the power to completely corrupt anything he does at any time. Davis does not pay her enough the entire thing falls apart at the drop of a hat. She keeps other Thais away from the business by legitimate means but Davis must have kittens on the morning of each of his meet and greet events that nobody is going to turn up. She used to work for AFA in Thailand but was subtly moved on when her cheating came to light

In short, Davis has successfully stolen a tainted employee with a corrupt database and a contact book full of Bar girls.

Enjoy your Dream Connections Romance Tour to Bangkok and good luck on finding the girl of your future life

Londonboy
17 January 2017

PS Ca not wait to see the trip report if the swindler has the guts to publish one.

LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL » January 17th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Londonboy,

Thanks for the information. There is a lot there. Is there any way you can provide some evidence so that it's not just baseless claims ?

I think I remember the tour you are referring to, where the Thai team took part in a tour, but can you confirm which tour it was ? Also, if I am thinking of the correct tour, then I recall a "relationship" began with one of the ladies, which subsequently fell apart, as evidenced by her appearance at a later event. Can you confirm which tour and participant that it was ?

About the bargirls, would it be possible for you to provide photo evidence of bargirls which can be matched against DC event photos or profile photos on their website ?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm not doubting you, but without evidence, it can easily be denied. For example, I have refuted DC claims of an exclusive database by providing links to local marriage agencies which claim the same couples as success stories. Also, I have provided links so that that others can compare DC women to their profiles found on local agencies. With this type of evidence to back up your claims, it would certainly be effective in bringing out even more truth about Dream Connections. This is what we here in this forum want, and it sure seems that you want it also.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » January 17th, 2018, 7:58 pm

According to Londonboy's report one of the couples that met on a DC tour are now divorced so Mark can't claim no divorces anymore. He made a commitment if he had any divorces he would no longer make that claim. Let's see if he keeps his word. He should also delete YT videos claiming no divorces.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende » January 21st, 2018, 12:36 pm

Why drag this tired thread on and on, when it's quite established that Mark Edward Davis runs a shady business that's only meant to entrap psychologically weak, sexually-starved US men into this notion that they will find the girl of their dreams in Ukraine or Russia, and precisely by joining one (or more, better!) of his Love Tours.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody » January 21st, 2018, 3:39 pm

publicduende wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 12:36 pm
Why drag this tired thread on and on, when it's quite established that Mark Edward Davis runs a shady business that's only meant to entrap psychologically weak, sexually-starved US men into this notion that they will find the girl of their dreams in Ukraine or Russia, and precisely by joining one (or more, better!) of his Love Tours.
I was criticizing this scam artist years ago and another poster, eurobrat, found pictures of women on his web service that were from another agency. Men here could have saved themselves alot of money by listening. But people have to learn for themselves.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » January 23rd, 2018, 1:15 am

"PS Ca not wait to see the trip report if the swindler has the guts to publish one."

It's posted. There were 4 DC customers on the January 2018 Thai tour.