Should the Expat VIP board be hidden from non-members?

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.

Yes it should be hidden from non-members.
60%
No it should not be hidden. Let everyone see it.
20%
Unsure. Undecided.
20%

Total votes: 10
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola suggested in another thread that exclusive boards such as the Expat VIP board, be hidden from non-members for privacy sake.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 51#p240551

What do you all think? Is that a good idea? Should we make this board hidden? Why or why not? Let's do a poll here and see what most of you prefer. Would more VIP members here post more often and be willing to post more pics, if the board was hidden for members only?

Cast your vote above. You may change your vote later if you want. by voting again.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should the Expat VIP board be hidden from non-members?

Post by Yohan »

It does not make any sense to hide the best stories of this forum to newcomers.

About pictures, if you feel not comfortable to share certain pictures or stories, do not post them on the internet, also not in forum sections only open to certain members.

The problem of this forum is more about moderation. It takes a long time until troll-comments, sockpuppets and similar hoax and crap is removed. The software of this forum is also outdated, there is neither a chat-room nor a picture gallery.
MarcosZeitola suggested in another thread that exclusive boards such as the Expat VIP board, be hidden from non-members for privacy sake.
This argument is wrong, there is no privacy on internet forums.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Yohan wrote:It does not make any sense to hide the best stories of this forum to newcomers.
About pictures, if you feel not comfortable to share certain pictures or stories, do not post them on the internet, also not in forum sections only open to certain members.
+100
The problem of this forum is more about moderation. It takes a long time until troll-comments, sockpuppets and similar hoax and crap is removed. The software of this forum is also outdated, there is neither a chat-room nor a picture gallery
yeah, at the very least there should be a filter for the crap with all the question marks lol ?????????????
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

droid wrote: yeah, at the very least there should be a filter for the crap with all the question marks lol ?????????????
Yes, moderation response time has to be improved.

When I click today on

Latest 100 Topics

all what I see are question marks and strange member names.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Now there is one [bot?] that makes topics regarding "thesis" and "dissertations" :roll:

Maybe a Captcha on sign up would help with this.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan,
How is this forum software outdated? In what way? What changes do you suggest?

The latest version of phpbb is not much different and not necessary. So I haven't upgraded to it, especially since we just upgraded to this one. Also, upgrading to the latest forum software may mess up the modifications in this forum or stop them from working. There's always that risk.

Are you suggesting we upgrade to mybb, like Roosh's forum uses? That is a completely different platform.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:Yohan,
How is this forum software outdated? In what way? What changes do you suggest?
I am using for another forum where I have administrator rights, together with friends IP.Board 3.4.9.

I can say, our forum is now running since more than 10 years and we never had such a problem like here, where trolls can sign up and enter sections where even regular members are not supposed to create new threads.

Something must be outdated with your software, or you need additional software to protect your forum against unwanted visitors.
You have clearly to do something about security in your forum, Winston.

Comparing your forum with IP Board 3.4.9, I cannot help to say that IP Board 3.4.9 is very much advanced with many more functions and it seems fairly strong against hacking. Yes, we had a few attacks trying to enter the admin-console, robot signup etc. but we could easily stop that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 61#p252761

The next troll was signing up just now posting spam. Please delete this thread and profile.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Too many spammer now, I am using the report-option.

Please check your forum carefully and remove all this spam from Russia and ban these profiles.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I agree with Yohan, please lock it down and make sure that they can't just register and start posting away. For gosh sakes, someone's been impersonating your dad and registers and posts with ease!