Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Moderated subforum for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify to participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks, insults, quarrels or racism.
Post Reply
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4624
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by Taco » August 15th, 2015, 1:09 am

People that enjoy living in the suburbs prefer comfort over reality.

Suburbs Are Sinister Places
http://henrymakow.com/2015/08/suburbs-a ... laces.html
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5855
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by Ghost » August 16th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Sinister indeed. It's a rat cage for humans. I hope once the Collapse of the West happens that this idea of suburban living dies forever.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1580
Joined: November 18th, 2012, 7:52 am
Location: On the run

Re: Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by abcdavid01 » August 17th, 2015, 1:40 am

Not going to lie, I sometimes fantasize about just going out there to Mongolia or some place in, say, Central Asia and just living a simpler life. I've decided to travel to find myself and that's my plan for the next few years. But I hope that by the time I'm that David's age I can be in a similar place as him. Settled and married, that is.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4624
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by Taco » August 17th, 2015, 2:31 am

If you suggest to most people that living in the suburbs is a horrible experience they will have no idea what your talking about and assume your crazy. Disregarding the fact that 70% of the population is taking prescription medication for a chronic medical condition and the other 30% have serious unresolved addiction problems as coping mechanism for the high stress western lifestyle that's now the "new normal". However, the biggest problem you'll encounter is everything your told your entire life from the day your born is basically a lie. The truth is a goat herder living in the Gobi desert has fewer problems than most people in western countries and his wife actually loves him.

Image
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4824
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by momopi » August 17th, 2015, 7:41 pm

I'm from the farms of rural Changhua. We had neighbors who grew crops, raised formosan deer, and my grandfather used to own an apple orchard.

Image

If folks in the suburbs think their life is boring and lifeless, feel free to try living in a rural farming town, where the (only) local general store owner stocked expired snacks on the shelves, spit beatlenut juice on the floor, and is often missing because he's off playing mahjong and left a coffee can as the cashier (deposit money and get your own change).

For entertainment, my father would sit by the window at night waiting for the local cats to come swipe fish from the fish pond. He'd lite a firecracker and toss it out the window to see how high the cats would jump.

What was good about rural area was the clean air. In comparison the air in real cities (not suburbs) like Taipei was just foul. Thank goodness we moved to the cleaner coastal suburbs in California. It's amazing that people here take the clean air (at least in coastal areas) and beach access for granted.

Image

As the population increases so does traffic, pollution, noise, gun-control laws, and other undesirables. I recommend "Backwoods Home Magazine", published by former Californian:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Expat Living and Dating VIP Forum”