Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.

Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Jester should liquidate his possessions and relocate to the Philippines
62%
Jester should stay the f**k where he is, learn great Spanish, and try to blend in
No votes
Jester should use Ensenada as a base, from which to explore other areas of Mexico and Colombia etc
23%
Jester should keep the beach house, but visit Asia briefly, then return to Mexico
No votes
Other Ideas/Suggestions
No votes
f**k Jester (and the horse he rode in on)
8%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 13
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Post by Jester »

What bothers most is not that the doddering gringos-on-autopilot exist here, but that Mexicans here scratch their heads and wonder why I am not one of them.

I don't fit the categories that exist in the locals minds. (And they have very categorical minds.)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
Damn, I'm starting to think these places with great climates are strictly for the retirement set. They're the only ones in Tucson now who have any vibrancy. Very different thirty years ago. Got to go to some crappy FSU industrial shithole to find a scene of happening young women, it seems.
"Post industrial shithole"
Last edited by eurobrat on March 25th, 2015, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Any updates, Jester? It's been a while, it's almost April now and paradise is calling.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Any updates, Jester? It's been a while, it's almost April now and paradise is calling.

Fair question.

Just for fun, I got onto FilipinaCupid, found a dozen young beauties who agreed to chat with me. Trick was to ignore their age-range preferences. :idea: Kind of proud of myself. :mrgreen:

(There were lots of approaches from over-age, plain-janes and scammers too of course, but my shields are up.)

But long-distance chat is pretty dull, didnt pursue it hard yet. Time zone difference, blah blah.
:x :roll:

Over a week ago, friends here (vested interest in keeping me here) challenged me to develop 20 candidates here in Mexico via Craigslist or local newspaper online. I agreed - but not done yet.

Mexico has better internet than the Phils, so it makes sense to get some stuff done while I'm here. (Loose ends to tie up...) But ithe web is working only sporadically today. Is someone trying to tell me something?
:x

Been listening to "LifeBeyondTheSea" to stay motivated. Can't listen today. Internet drops.
:cry:

Yesterday a 40-ish married gringa, who likes me, ambushed me with a setup to meet a model-beautiful, classy..... SIXTY-YEAR-OLD.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

There is more but it gets even more embarrassing.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

It's not that there are no youthful candidates I can ever attract here. The big thing is that the kudzu of same-age-hood is going to grow over me if I don't take some radical action fast.

But... thanks for asking!
:oops:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Jester wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:

Fair question.

Just for fun, I got onto FilipinaCupid, found a dozen young beauties who agreed to chat with me. Trick was to ignore their age-range preferences. :idea: Kind of proud of myself. :mrgreen:

(There were lots of approaches from over-age, plain-janes and scammers too of course, but my shields are up.)

But long-distance chat is pretty dull, didnt pursue it hard yet. Time zone difference, blah blah.

Over a week ago, friends here (vested interest in keeping me here) challenged me to develop 20 candidates here in Mexico via Craigslist or local newspaper online. I agreed - but not done yet.

Mexico has better internet than the Phils, so it makes sense to get some stuff done while I'm here. (Loose ends to tie up...) But ithe web is working only sporadically today. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Been listening to "LifeBeyondTheSea" to stay motivated. Can't listen today. Internet drops.

Yesterday a 40-ish married gringa, who likes me, ambushed me with a setup to meet a model-beautiful, classy..... SIXTY-YEAR-OLD.

It's not that there are no youthful candidates I can ever attract here. The big thing is that the kudzu of same-age-hood is going to grow over me if I don't take some radical action fast.

Is there any way you can make a month long first trip to the Cebu/ Cagayan de Oro and check it out for yourself? You need to do this....
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:

Fair question.

You need to leave the retirement community before you end up in an early grave like them. You can always go back but for now I think it may be time to leave.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jester wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:It's not that there are no youthful candidates I can ever attract here. The big thing is that the kudzu of same-age-hood is going to grow over me if I don't take some radical action fast.
Same-age hood is only really worth it if you meet each other early in life and grow old together. If you are an older male, you'd be a fool to settle for an older woman when you can get someone more then half your age easily. I browsed through some old pictures today, from a 2013 trip through the Philippines with my then-fiancée. I saw pictures of myself working, drinking and enjoying myself with her, her family and their many friends. I saw myself doing things I never could do back at home, in places far more beautiful then anything my country has to offer.

One picture I saw made me particularly happy, but it was a bittersweet happiness. It was a longing, a longing to be where I belong at last. It was a picture my wife took when we had just spent one of the most magical nights of our life in a resort near a beach, a resort that has since been washed away by the waves. After we checked out, we decided not to take a cab but instead hike through the mountains to the nearest village and take a bus from there.

I would not mind growing old with my wife, in fact I would love to. Because we share memories like this. Because we have seen beautiful places together and leaned on each other in hard times. You are in a different phase of your life, but it's a phase with far more freedom. Some of your friends may try to tie you down. Buyers remorse, plain and simple. They are stuck with an age-matched partner and would like to see you do the same because "it's what is right". You know better. You know the greener pastures. I can show you a million pictures and tell you a million times, but in the end it is only you who can take that step.

The sun will continue to shine, the wind will still blow, the ladies will still be young and pretty and the food will still be cheap and delicious. And every minute you spend there, is another minute of your life spent without that sun, those ladies, that food and beautiful nature. :D

On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Looks great Marcos, I must say I love Berlin but that scenery looks great.

I'm jealous of that scenery, reminds me of California.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

MarcosZeitola wrote: Same-age hood is only really worth it if you meet each other early in life and grow old together. If you are an older male, you'd be a fool to settle for an older woman when you can get someone more then half your age easily. I browsed through some old pictures today, from a 2013 trip through the Philippines with my then-fiancée. I saw pictures of myself working, drinking and enjoying myself with her, her family and their many friends. I saw myself doing things I never could do back at home, in places far more beautiful then anything my country has to offer.

One picture I saw made me particularly happy, but it was a bittersweet happiness. It was a longing, a longing to be where I belong at last. It was a picture my wife took when we had just spent one of the most magical nights of our life in a resort near a beach, a resort that has since been washed away by the waves. After we checked out, we decided not to take a cab but instead hike through the mountains to the nearest village and take a bus from there.

I would not mind growing old with my wife, in fact I would love to. Because we share memories like this. Because we have seen beautiful places together and leaned on each other in hard times. You are in a different phase of your life, but it's a phase with far more freedom. Some of your friends may try to tie you down. Buyers remorse, plain and simple. They are stuck with an age-matched partner and would like to see you do the same because "it's what is right". You know better. You know the greener pastures. I can show you a million pictures and tell you a million times, but in the end it is only you who can take that step.

The sun will continue to shine, the wind will still blow, the ladies will still be young and pretty and the food will still be cheap and delicious. And every minute you spend there, is another minute of your life spent without that sun, those ladies, that food and beautiful nature. :D
Jester, as most people have said, you should plan on going to the Philippines as soon as possible and I definitely concur! I'm younger than you but when people from your youth like Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem start dying, one quickly contemplates their own mortality and wonders what they've accomplished with their lives. It sounds like you've reached that point where you realize that your children can be your greatest legacy and you want to start that as soon as you can.

A little about myself to give you some perspective since I don't post much here, as I'm too busy enjoying my life. I was married once to a Chinese woman but divorced her many years ago (for reasons I won't get into) and I have 2 boys. I've accomplished much in my professional life and I don't really need to work anymore but I choose to do it while I bide my time. When I got divorced, I decided that I would stay in Hong Kong so that I could see my boys regularly while they grew up, giving them the guidance and support I knew they would need. It never, ever crossed my mind to take the easy way out and leave them to start a new life somewhere else. I could never abandon my own flesh and blood, no matter how expensive it would become over the years.

That was my own personal choice, a choice (sadly) that I see many men today are not making. But I can't abrogate my responsibilities as a father just to satisfy my own selfish, wanton lust for women. It goes against my personal code of honor. But I think every man builds his own code of ethics that he lives by, so my choice may not be the same one that someone else might make. But I truly believe that the good fortune I have enjoyed professionally so far, is partly because I don't compromise my values at work or in real life with my family and true friends. Karma is a very powerful and scary thing to see in action. I would never make the mistake of discounting it.

My oldest son will go to college in the U.S. this year but my younger son still has 4 more years to go. So I will stay here in HK until he goes to college. But that doesn't mean I've been idle. :-)

I recently married a gorgeous, young Filipina who is 25+ years younger than me. She graduated with a degree in teaching and did modeling on the side to earn extra money while going through college. She has exactly the body type that you described as being ideal and what you would like to marry. My wife is 5'4", a former beauty pageant winner, weighs less than 50 kg and she thinks she's fat! If you saw a picture of her, I think most men's jaws would drop. But I am a bit biased here. And our sex life? It's no wonder that the military men based here called Filipinas: LBFMs. :-)

I met my wife when she was 19, we were engaged when she was 20 and I married her after she turned 21. My wife totally understands why I am staying now in Hong Kong and admires the fact that I consciously choose to remain a part of my sons' lives so that they don't grow up thinking that their father abandoned them and doesn't love them. My boys know that I will always be with them, loving them and supporting them even after I'm long gone from this Earth.

While she patiently waits for me, she is gaining experience teaching English at the college level to students. I am also funding her studies so that she can get her master's degree in education. I'm doing this so that even after I'm long gone, she will have the requisite education, skills and experience to get a good paying job (for the Philippines) where she could easily be a dean in college or principal at the high school level. I've already bought a large piece of land in her name and my plan is to build a large home which is as much off the grid as possible. I'm also always looking at potential investments for us and her family. In the meantime, I travel back and forth between Hong Kong and the Philippines as much as possible. I remain totally loyal and faithful to my wife though I admit when I was single, I did have a little (ok, a lot!) of fun. :-)

The Philippines has everything you are looking for and while its infrastructure isn't good, if you choose to live outside the big cities and in the provinces, you can build yourself a simple but high quality life style. I've traveled all over the world, visiting almost every continent (except Antarctica) but the Philippines is the only place I know where a large age difference between a man and a woman is readily accepted. If you visit any large mall in the Philippines, all you have to do is sit down in a McDonalds and just watch the crowd walking by. You'll see exactly what I mean.

In the meantime if you're serious about leaving Mexico soon, you should prepare yourself as best you can. I don't know if you're an American, but if you have a U.S. passport, I would try to get a 2nd passport. FATCA has made it much more difficult to conduct banking outside the U.S. so a 2nd passport is a good way to legally avoid the administrative and paperwork nightmare that FATCA imposes on Americans. Since you're in Mexico, you're not far from Panama and that's a great place to get a 2nd passport without onerous residency requirements. If you will be getting Social Security benefits, then having a bank account in MetroBank is one of your best bets if you move to the Philippines. That's because they have a branch in New York City so Social Security checks clear immediately as soon as they're issued and you can draw on your funds in the Philippines the same day.

If you visit the Philippines first to see what everyone is talking about (which I highly recommend), don't go to Manila, Angeles City/Clark or Subic Bay. You're not going to meet high quality women there. You can go to those cities if you use it as a jumping point to go out to the provinces from there. The provinces are where you'll find the more traditional, family-oriented women. And you will see thousands of single, beautiful women in the age range that you're looking for. Don't go to Mindinao as it's just plain dangerous there. Better cities to start would be Cebu, Dumaguete.

If you want to see scenery like what Marcos posted, El Nido in Palawan has the most beautiful beaches and crystal clear water in the world, IMHO. And I've been to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Bali, Australian Gold Coast, Maldives and other places like that. El Nido beats them all. Boracay is nice in the quiet areas but too commercialized for my tastes. Bohol is a good place to visit and is not far from Cebu. Dumaguete is good too but the traffic is getting a lot worse there. And there are a lot of ex-pats from all over the world there so that could be good or bad.

I'm going to Puerto Princessa soon in Palawan, which is touted as a great place to visit. It has the Underground River which was voted recently as one of the new 7 wonders of the world. I imagine the beaches and water are great there as it's in Palawan and not far from El Nido.

Yes, it is more fun in the Philippines and I would say run, run, run to the Philippines! :-)
Last edited by smallcheese on March 26th, 2015, 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I appreciate all the input, guys, and letting it sink in.

Thanks.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

There is a lady back in Glendale, California. We were quite close for years, but rarely content and never compatible. Now see each other only occasionally.

I am still close to her family.

This past weekend her mother, sister and brother-in-law paid me an unexpected visit. (GF had a passport problem.) Enjoyed the visit.

Her B-I-L and I had a chance to share a drink and talk out on the patio after the others went to bed.

He is very Mexican at heart, from smalltown Michoacan, handsome only in a rough like, the coach on Mexico's national soccer team. He was a chef and is now a Food and Beverage director at a hotel, and has dome quite a bit of dating before he was married, and some afterward as well. He has traveled in Europe, and spent time in Lithuania.

He told me that for my personality, and wanting a submissive young girl, that the Philippines was the place to go. He said rural Mexico might have what I wanted, but was tough to break into.

So he confirmed what you guys have been telling me on this thread.

What was really remarkable was that:
(1) He is himself Mexican
(2) We were sitting outside my beach house in a tranquil "privada" listening to the ocean surf
(3) He and his wife are building a house up the coast, and love the peaceful stress-free feel of Mexico
(4) He is family with my Mexican gf in the US, who likes to introduce herself as my wife
(5) He has a Mexican wife

And most strikingly, I didnt invite them to come. They just appeared at the gate. And they had driven an extra hour in spring break traffic to come see me.

So I feel like he was sent by God as a messenger.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Jester wrote:There is a lady back in Glendale, California. We were quite close for years, but rarely content and never compatible. Now see each other only occasionally.

I am still close to her family.

This past weekend her mother, sister and brother-in-law paid me an unexpected visit. (GF had a passport problem.) Enjoyed the visit.

Her B-I-L and I had a chance to share a drink and talk out on the patio after the others went to bed.

He is very Mexican at heart, from smalltown Michoacan, handsome only in a rough like, the coach on Mexico's national soccer team. He was a chef and is now a Food and Beverage director at a hotel, and has dome quite a bit of dating before he was married, and some afterward as well. He has traveled in Europe, and spent time in Lithuania.

He told me that for my personality, and wanting a submissive young girl, that the Philippines was the place to go. He said rural Mexico might have what I wanted, but was tough to break into.

What was really remarkable was that:
(1) He is himself Mexican
(2) We were sitting outside my beach house in a tranquil "privada" listening to the ocean surf
(3) He and his wife are building a house up the coast, and love the peaceful stress-free feel of Mexico
(4) He is family with my Mexican gf in the US, who likes to introduce herself as my wife
(5) He has a Mexican wife

And most strikingly, I didnt invite them to come. They just appeared at the gate. And they had driven an extra hour in spring break traffic to come see me.

So I feel like he was sent by God as a messenger.

How much time has the Mexican spent living in the Philippines? Has he had a Filipna wife or girlfriends?

What typically older western men see and wish for as a "submissive " girl typically does not align with reality on the ground, which not surprisingly, is more complicated than that. Many filipinas do tend to be cooperative and deferring, but that is more complicated than the image often sought by western men. It all takes place in the social and cultural backdrop, which VERY FEW Western men are willing to engage. Instead, they end up disillusioned, and for those claiming that filipinas are submissive girls of the meek lapdog variety, well those men have obviously never been married to one.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
Jester wrote: He told me that for my personality, and wanting a submissive young girl, that the Philippines was the place to go. He said rural Mexico might have what I wanted, but was tough to break into.

How much time has the Mexican spent living in the Philippines? Has he had a Filipna wife or girlfriends?
No direct experience that I know of. He has two coworkers who went to thePhilippines and came back with wives that seemed submissive compared to Latinas.

Many filipinas do tend to be cooperative and deferring, but that is more complicated than the image often sought by western men. It all takes place in the social and cultural backdrop, which VERY FEW Western men are willing to engage. Instead, they end up disillusioned, and for those claiming that filipinas are submissive girls of the meek lapdog variety, well those men have obviously never been married to one.
Its hard to judge this through labels.

I have never been with a woman who I would class a submissive. I have women who were submissive during sex, of course. And I have women wait on me hand and foot ( just a few). But these were (except for my original wife) strong career women who were just enjoying playing house. Inside they were headstrong.

But the case of the gf in Glendale stands out as the stormiest since my marriage. Lots of fights. Tossed her out a few times, etc etc. NOT every relationship is like that.

And I do NOT want a career woman this time, and I DO expect to be waited on hand and foot a lot of the time. "Submissive" in the sense of meekness is not a requirement. I am comfortable with women who have their own opinion. I ask for it when I want it. It's not submissiveness I seek. That was his word, not mine. What I seek is a woman who wants to serve, to be a subordinate to someone she admires.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jester wrote:So I feel like he was sent by God as a messenger.
The man you met, the Mexican, he was a messenger. He told you things many others have told you before, both in real life as well as on the internet. His message was not new to you, it cannot have come as a surprise. You know what's out there, and you have the means to get it. It's a big step, and part of you is probably still hesitant. Years from now you may find yourself living the life you always dreamed of living in the Philippines, and a vistor will appear at your gate. He will ask you if you like your life and you will probably answer positively. Then he might ask you, if you have any regrets. You'll tell him your only regret is, you haven't gone to the Philippines sooner. :wink:

I'd like to be some sort of messenger, a prophet. Winston has been a bit of a prophet to me because the idea of myself living abroad forever is something I became 100% sold on because of this site. The stories I read here of people gave me a little push in the right direction, I think. But what pushed me even more in the right direction is the many negative stories. The people who lived in a place that was either horrible or simply "not quite it". The people who felt unfulfilled, who had needs not being met, goals not being reached and dreams they weren't living. I decided I did not want to live a life of regret. Or a future of complaining, reminiscing, of the could-have-beens. A have-not forever envious of the haves... that wasn't what I wanted.

There's a joke I know, Jester. I think it is fitting here:

There was once a man who's village was flooded, he moved to the highest floor of his house. The water had risen until the window, and he saw a little rowboat passing by. A man rowing yelled at him: "Hop in my boat, I'll save you!", and the man in the house replied: "I don't want to, I want God to save me!" so the rowboat left. The water kept rising and the man climbed on his roof, when a motorboat passed by. The captain yelled: "Hop in!" and the man said "I only want to be saved by God!", so the boat left. Next, with the water almost up to his knees, the man saw a helicopter lowering a ladder in front of his eyes. Again, he refused to get in and the helicopter left. The man drowned, and went to heaven. He asked God: "Why didn't you save me?", and God replied: "First I sent you a rowboat but it wasn't good enough for you. Then I sent a motorboat and again, it wasn't good enough for you. Finally, I sent a helicopter and even that wasn't enough. So I thought, let the bastard drown!"
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Jester wrote:So I feel like he was sent by God as a messenger.
The man you met, the Mexican, he was a messenger. He told you things many others have told you before, both in real life as well as on the internet. His message was not new to you, it cannot have come as a surprise. You know what's out there, and you have the means to get it. It's a big step, and part of you is probably still hesitant. Years from now you may find yourself living the life you always dreamed of living in the Philippines, and a vistor will appear at your gate. He will ask you if you like your life and you will probably answer positively. Then he might ask you, if you have any regrets. You'll tell him your only regret is, you haven't gone to the Philippines sooner. :wink:

I'd like to be some sort of messenger, a prophet. Winston has been a bit of a prophet to me because the idea of myself living abroad forever is something I became 100% sold on because of this site. The stories I read here of people gave me a little push in the right direction, I think. But what pushed me even more in the right direction is the many negative stories. The people who lived in a place that was either horrible or simply "not quite it". The people who felt unfulfilled, who had needs not being met, goals not being reached and dreams they weren't living. I decided I did not want to live a life of regret. Or a future of complaining, reminiscing, of the could-have-beens. A have-not forever envious of the haves... that wasn't what I wanted.

There's a joke I know, Jester. I think it is fitting here:

There was once a man who's village was flooded, he moved to the highest floor of his house. The water had risen until the window, and he saw a little rowboat passing by. A man rowing yelled at him: "Hop in my boat, I'll save you!", and the man in the house replied: "I don't want to, I want God to save me!" so the rowboat left. The water kept rising and the man climbed on his roof, when a motorboat passed by. The captain yelled: "Hop in!" and the man said "I only want to be saved by God!", so the boat left. Next, with the water almost up to his knees, the man saw a helicopter lowering a ladder in front of his eyes. Again, he refused to get in and the helicopter left. The man drowned, and went to heaven. He asked God: "Why didn't you save me?", and God replied: "First I sent you a rowboat but it wasn't good enough for you. Then I sent a motorboat and again, it wasn't good enough for you. Finally, I sent a helicopter and even that wasn't enough. So I thought, let the bastard drown!"
Touché... Touché... A word to the wise is...unessessary