How to make this forum successful?

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Winston I want some kind of live group chat feature, I really think you should look into forum software upgrades. I'm sure theres something out there.
Why live chat? Isn't what we're doing now like live chat too? Even if we installed a chat window here, it would slow down the loading time of this forum. This forum is outdated from 2007. I doubt if live chat exists for this forum template.
I think a live chat room would be a cool addition to the to the Expat living section. No this is not the same as talking in realtime with other members, it's not as efficient. I thought you were asian, aren't asians all about efficiency?

Heres a script i found https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 0&t=543865
heres another: http://www.123flashchat.com/phpbb3-install-mod
and another: http://www.rumbletalk.com/phpbb-chat-plugin.php

And I think you should update the template and look a little too as it's getting stale.
Those scripts are for phpbb3. We are on phpbb2.

Can you explain why a live chat feature is more efficient? Are you that impatient to receive replies to your posts? Why can't you wait for them? lol
Dude just upgrade to PHPbb3. This thing is way too old.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Jester wrote: I like the focus on bride-hunting as opposed to whoring or ONS's.
I agree. I think I brought up the "marriage minded" category before but it got shot down. Guys go overseas for many different reasons and certainly not everybody on here is interested in finding a foreign bride or they are years away from being in that position. Take for instance, the "Filipina Myths" topic. Some guys are interested on obtaining advice on finding good girls, others are seeking part time girlfriends, others will be interested in a two week P4P trip, while others are into MGTOW. So it's difficult to have a pinpoint conversation when so many are all over the map. So it gets very disjointed.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Ahh this forum looks so much cleaner than the shit section a few mouse clicks backwards.

No more shit threads about racism, homophobia, virgin quests and obsessing over American women clogging up the forum like a turd that won't flush down the toilet.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote: Dude just upgrade to PHPbb3. This thing is way too old.
I already explained many times in other threads why I don't upgrade it. Do a search for it.

Even if I upgraded, some people will complain. I will think about it though. I just don't have the time to do it now. It would be time consuming.
eurobrat wrote:Ahh this forum looks so much cleaner than the shit section a few mouse clicks backwards.

No more shit threads about racism, homophobia, virgin quests and obsessing over American women clogging up the forum like a turd that won't flush down the toilet.
Yeah well I moved this forum up to the top of the forum index now. So there's nothing above it now, and you can find it quicker. Where's my thank you? lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:
Jester wrote: I like the focus on bride-hunting as opposed to whoring or ONS's.
I agree. I think I brought up the "marriage minded" category before but it got shot down. Guys go overseas for many different reasons and certainly not everybody on here is interested in finding a foreign bride or they are years away from being in that position. Take for instance, the "Filipina Myths" topic. Some guys are interested on obtaining advice on finding good girls, others are seeking part time girlfriends, others will be interested in a two week P4P trip, while others are into MGTOW. So it's difficult to have a pinpoint conversation when so many are all over the map. So it gets very disjointed.
We can still do that. No one objected to the idea. We could call the new board "Seeking Foreign Brides - Marriage-minded discussions only". But that would probably go on the main forum. I don't see a reason to put that in the VIP forums. Do you? I'm also wondering how many existing threads could be moved into it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne