Guidelines for the new expat-only forum

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I like to think I'm qualified, having spent the last three months and five of the last six summers in Europe. Also lived in England and the Panama Canal Zone growing up.

However, any time I think I have useful information about life abroad I'll probably post it on the main forum. Many of those who might be most interested are stuck where they are financially, and not eligible for the expat forum.

I'm not one to give "field reports" a la the Roosh forum, partly because they are unclassy and inherently unreliable, and partly because I have my own agenda for finding a woman that probably would not be of general interest. But I think I'm going to have to give a general endorsement of Serbian women, and will post it soon on the main forum.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Bad Idea

Post by zboy1 »

publicduende wrote:
Jester wrote:BUT you could THEN make a special closed forum WITHIN THE HA PART that is for veteran members only, hand-picked where they could discuss verboten gray-area topics, that might offend some foreign readers. This would be an alternative to PM's and would NOT help "drive the business". Maybe juicy stuff about which particular consulate offers low-hassle residency, underground employment, good places to meet a girl, VPN techniques, etc.
Good point Jes. I am still unsure what kind of topics will be welcomed in the new closed-doors forum. Is this new enclave going to be a place to have more balanced discussions about the usual topics, or one where people could exchange darker, more controversial and off-the-beaten-track information? In the latter case, I'm all ears and all in, so long discussion don't quickly veer towards the tired extremes of "all AWs/womens are entitled bitches" and "we should all hit the gym and then go on a sex spree in the Philippines". We have RooshV and the RoK comments section for that. :)
Anything related to traveling and being 'happier abroad.' This could mean anything from financial information, to trip reports, to dating foreign women, to anything else that deals with said topic.

This does not include: bitching about Western women and anti-American posts (we get that already in the main forum), conspiracy theories, racism, insults and flame threads, ads, or other troll posts.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

zboy1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Good point Jes. I am still unsure what kind of topics will be welcomed in the new closed-doors forum. Is this new enclave going to be a place to have more balanced discussions about the usual topics, or one where people could exchange darker, more controversial and off-the-beaten-track information? In the latter case, I'm all ears and all in, so long discussion don't quickly veer towards the tired extremes of "all AWs/womens are entitled bitches" and "we should all hit the gym and then go on a sex spree in the Philippines". We have RooshV and the RoK comments section for that. :)
Anything related to traveling and being 'happier abroad.' This could mean anything from financial information, to trip reports, to dating foreign women, to anything else that deals with said topic. This does not include: bitching about Western women and anti-American posts (we get that already in the main forum), conspiracy theories, racism, insults and flame threads, ads, or other troll posts.
Oh, that's great then. I don't have much time to post during weekdays, but you can expect me to be a positively active member on that forum.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

publicduende wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Good point Jes. I am still unsure what kind of topics will be welcomed in the new closed-doors forum. Is this new enclave going to be a place to have more balanced discussions about the usual topics, or one where people could exchange darker, more controversial and off-the-beaten-track information? In the latter case, I'm all ears and all in, so long discussion don't quickly veer towards the tired extremes of "all AWs/womens are entitled bitches" and "we should all hit the gym and then go on a sex spree in the Philippines". We have RooshV and the RoK comments section for that. :)
Anything related to traveling and being 'happier abroad.' This could mean anything from financial information, to trip reports, to dating foreign women, to anything else that deals with said topic. This does not include: bitching about Western women and anti-American posts (we get that already in the main forum), conspiracy theories, racism, insults and flame threads, ads, or other troll posts.
Oh, that's great then. I don't have much time to post during weekdays, but you can expect me to be a positively active member on that forum.
Ditto that.

PS It's not "conspiracy theories" that you folks need to ban, it's "US politics". Or politics in general. The only politics we need to discuss on the new forum would be rules that affect travelers.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Old forum:
"Does hitting the gym really help you become Alpha?"

New forum:
"Which gym in Manila has the hottest babes?"
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Jester wrote:Old forum:
"Does hitting the gym really help you become Alpha?"

New forum:
"Which gym in Manila has the hottest babes?"
This.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I forgot to include Raja and mattyman in this new forum. Anyone else want to join? I need to have people speak up and write to me on why they want to join, or I might accidentally exclude you from the list.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I talked to fschmidt He has agreed to be a moderator in the main forum. His policy will be that racism will be allowed, but only in the racism section. He will only ban for trolling, spamming and personal attacks.

Zboy, did you any contact former members of HA about the new forum yet? Did you PM them? Did they reply back? If so, which ones?
Last edited by Winston on June 22nd, 2014, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Another guideline for the new expat section: PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC! This is a huge problem on the main boards, and which shouldn't be tolerated on the expat forum. Crazy, off-topic posts will be deleted.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:I spoke with fschmidt He has agreed to be a moderator in the main forum. His policy will be that racism will be allowed, but only in the racism section. He will only ban for trolling, spamming and personal attacks.

Zboy, did you any contact former members of HA about the new forum yet? Did you PM them? Did they reply back? If so, which ones?
I hope Fschmidt can get Ghost back on the forum again.

Anyway, I will start messaging people soon. Some old members have contacted me, but other's have not responded. So we will see...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Zboy,
You didn't answer my earlier question about what to call the new forum. How about "Expat Living"? We could put words like "Troll free. Only civil behavior allowed." etc.

Also, should this expat living forum be viewable to everyone else? Should we take a vote on that? What do you guys think?

If this works out, we could create more boards for other topics like that in a separate section, all with the same qualified members. So Zboy's section could consist of several boards that are all troll free and on topic with behavior standards. We could have boards on moving abroad, finding a good wife, etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:I talked to fschmidt He has agreed to be a moderator in the main forum. His policy will be that racism will be allowed, but only in the racism section. He will only ban for trolling, spamming and personal attacks.

Why will racism be allowed? What contribution can an argument about (alleged) black inferiority or Asian superiority bring to the HA discourse?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:Why will racism be allowed?
Why wouldn't it be allowed? Ethnic differences make up part of the rich tapestry we call life.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

publicduende wrote:Why will racism be allowed? What contribution can an argument about (alleged) black inferiority or Asian superiority bring to the HA discourse?
Happier Abroad is the most active free speech forum on the internet. I think that is something of real value that I want to preserve. If you don't like what someone says, you can put them on ignore or go to the new forum.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

fschmidt wrote:
publicduende wrote:Why will racism be allowed? What contribution can an argument about (alleged) black inferiority or Asian superiority bring to the HA discourse?
Happier Abroad is the most active free speech forum on the internet. I think that is something of real value that I want to preserve. If you don't like what someone says, you can put them on ignore or go to the new forum.
My bad. I thought Zboy meant the racism will be allowed in the new forum.