"Friendly" American women are bi polar!

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
Mercury
Junior Poster

"Friendly" American women are bi polar!

Post by Mercury »

In another thread, "traveller" stated his sadness over a waitress leaving his favorite restaurant. Waitresses are PAID to be nice to their customers. If waitresses acted like their spoiled, American selves, the restaurant would lose customers and also business.

American women are hateful and spoiled at the core. Guys, beware especially American women that last night were friendly and down to Earth social with you! American women like that are bi polar. They can be the sweetest person you met in months one night, and the next night that exact same woman is a night in jail and ten minutes of shame on the evening news just waiting to happen.

The exact same thing goes with waitresses and female bartenders. They get a job at a bar or restaurant, they are required to develop a friendly personality. Otherwise the restaurant or bar she works at would lose business and the waitress can even be fired. But that friendly personality is fake and fleeting. It is a facade. And when she moves into a different field of work, she cuts down her friendly pseudoself and reverts back to her toxic, paranoid nature.

In most other countries, a waitress will take her favorite customer to an amusement park. Even decades after she stopped waitressing, she'll still take her favorite former customer or customers out to lunch, dinner, to concerts, and even to amusement parks, like Disneyland Paris, for example.

But in America, that kind of thing does not fly at all. The friendship is expected to be kept confined to within the restaurant or bar where she works. And when she moves into a different field of work, you are expected to cut her out of your life, avoid her, and be a stranger to her. The friendship is over, and it is time to move on.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Re: "Friendly" American women are bi polar!

Post by onethousandknives »

In most other countries, waitresses and shopkeepers barely say hello. I find this refreshing, that not every shopkeeper/waitress/etc acts like my best friend for 5 minutes of service and doesn't have to pretend to be excited about bringing food to a table.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

For the sake of this thread, I'm just going to ignore that you and traveller are the same person, Mercury.
I'm FROM another country. As in, I lived there, and still have ties to said country.
If a waitress/bartender strikes up a true friendship with someone, yes, they may interact together outside of a business environment.
Yes, even in America.
However, it "does not fly" when the customer posts untrue things about said bartender/waitress on social media.
I'm sorry that you are so bitter to bartenders and waitresses.
I hope one day you can be happy just as you are and not be so hateful toward people who don't necessarily want to interact with you.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

American waitresses are the closest thing we have to legal prostitutes. They're supposed to flirt with clients just enough to get more money out of them. When you got to a restaurant or bar, you're not paying for the food, you're paying for the social interaction.

It seems you got sucked into that without realizing what it really was.
lollipop
Freshman Poster

Post by lollipop »

I worked as a waitress a couple of years ago and I can say that my attitude towards visitors was neutral and polite. It`s not necessary to behave as if you are in love with a client, but you really need to have respect. perhaps the author of the post just wrote about that type of people who pretending all the time.