Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Post by hammanta »

globe-trotter wrote:
hammanta wrote:I wish I could but probably won't be there til later in the year.

If I were you all I'd hit up Puerto Galera. Cheaper beach town just 2 hours (bus, then boat) away from Manila. It's somewhat small but beautiful scenery. You can rent a boat for a day to go island hoping, parasailing, snorkling as well as jet skis. Most are package deals and won't run you more than $40-60 USD for like 3 people. I have pics if anyone is interested. Decent lodging can be found for around $25-$50 a night. Downfall for some is that there is little to no P4P.

Tagatay is also very nice and only an hour bus ride from Manila.
Thanks for the heads-up on this, and I'd like to see your pics.
Btw, how do the beaches of Puerto Galera compare to places like Boracay, Subic Bay and Palawan? I've seen photos of Palawan and Boracay that are really breathtaking.
It's no Boracay or Palawan I can assure you. Starchild is right except I thought the beach was nice enough and the boat ride was more exciting than miserable. No one got sea sick when I went but it is about an hour long, large double out rigor canoe ride across a decent expanse of water. If you are looking for a cheap, beach destination close to Manila for a day or two I'd say this would be it. It has shows at night, beer and food is rather cheap and a few venues that have dancing and music playing. Not really a mongering site at all. More geared towards adventurous stuff like caving, snorkling, diving, parasailing, island hopping, jet ski riding, etc.

As far as Subic, I haven't officially been. I took a bus ride passed there and saw the bay. That, from my knowledge, is more of a diving spot as well but definitely looks nice.

I'd break it down like this:

Angeles- P4P scene
Palawan- nature oriented, diving, resorts, beautiful beach, expensive
Boracay- Mixture or Angleles (less so) and Palawan, very touristy, nice beach
Puerto Galera- Calm, not as touristy, adventurous, decent beach, short time stay

I'll PM you some pics
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

starchild5 wrote:Puerto Galera is a diving site. I was there just few months back. It has no great beaches like Boracay, palawan or other places. Couple of beaches like White beach is actually brown in color ::) and maddona beach is too far away and small.

The ride from Bantangas port to Puerta Gallera is simply put extreme in a small boat. Many people throw-up due to high tide boat ride and get drenched from water seeping into the boat, not good for people who have health issues.

If you haven't done diving before, You will have to do couple of days training - The beginners course is around 2500 pesos before you are allowed to dive in...you have to spend 4-5 days to fully enjoy the place. Each dive cost 1000 pesos....The stay would not be that great...You have to come prepared with an adventures mindset.

With that being said..The diving itself is breathtaking....Its a whole new dimension...Philippines has the best diving spots in the world as it comes under the Coral Triangle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Triangle

The ocean around Philippines has the richest bio - diversity on the whole planet..Its a world heritage protective site.

------------

The issue is...You have a very tight schedule in Philippines..around one week. It won't be enough to see all the places at once. Just pick one this time..

you can pick a girl from A/c or ...Many girls online would be ever ready to travel with you to Boracay or Palawan. Its their dream also to travel to these places. Its expensive for locals to travel to boracay or palawan.

Option 1:

Get an online date from Manila > Travel with her to places like Boracay - Palawan etc

or

Option 2:

Go to Angeles CIty and enjoy with many different girls.

Its either being with one girl and going to many places or being with Many girls at one place. For me, both choice is great because you are in the Philippines... :D :D
Hmm, my trip is sort of a whirlwind tour, but I've done multiple-city trips in a short time before. I don't think 3 locations in 7 days is too ambitious. Maybe I can do something like this:

Jan 20: Manila
Jan 21-23 Angeles City
Jan 24, 25 Puerto Galera
Jan 26 Manila

I'm not one of those guys that will stay in one location for weeks on end. I don't need that much time in one place, I would get bored. I like to jump around after I get a taste of a new place.

The only real issue I'm seeing is that I doubt I can get a girl from AC to come to Puerto Galera with me (would I even want her to?). Even if I did, it would probably cost me dearly.
Last edited by globe-trotter on October 25th, 2014, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

hammanta wrote:It's no Boracay or Palawan I can assure you. Starchild is right except I thought the beach was nice enough and the boat ride was more exciting than miserable. No one got sea sick when I went but it is about an hour long, large double out rigor canoe ride across a decent expanse of water. If you are looking for a cheap, beach destination close to Manila for a day or two I'd say this would be it. It has shows at night, beer and food is rather cheap and a few venues that have dancing and music playing. Not really a mongering site at all. More geared towards adventurous stuff like caving, snorkling, diving, parasailing, island hopping, jet ski riding, etc.

As far as Subic, I haven't officially been. I took a bus ride passed there and saw the bay. That, from my knowledge, is more of a diving spot as well but definitely looks nice.

I'd break it down like this:

Angeles- P4P scene
Palawan- nature oriented, diving, resorts, beautiful beach, expensive
Boracay- Mixture or Angleles (less so) and Palawan, very touristy, nice beach
Puerto Galera- Calm, not as touristy, adventurous, decent beach, short time stay

I'll PM you some pics
OK, sounds good.

At this point, I have no doubt that Boracay and Palawan are the premier beach spots in the Philis. But the question is, how does traveling to these places compare with traveling to Puerto Galera (from Manila or Angeles City)? Sure, I may not have to jump on a plane to get to PG, but in terms of time and hassle, it seems comparable to a trip to Boracay.

For example, to get to PG from Manila, I would first have to take a bus and travel 1 1/2- 2hrs. Then I would have to take a ferry for another hour. Add an additional 1 hour layover (minimum) when I arrive in Batangas. From hotel to hotel, this is easily over 4 hours o/w.
Now, if I decided to hit Boracay, it could take about 1/2 hour to the airport, and an another 50 min- 1 hr for the flight. That's 1 1/2 hrs total. Sure, I would also have to show up to the airport a couple of hours early, so that's 3 1/2 hours. Add in the transfer time from the airport to my hotel, and that's perhaps another hour to an hour-and-a-half. That a grand total of about 5 hours, tops.

So, we're talking about approximately a 1 hour difference, at most, between going to the best beaches in the Philis vs. going to an OK beach in the Philis. The other difference is cost, which is not a big issue for me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Rock and Billy are in Angeles City now. It looks like it's a two person meetup there. lol

Any of you want to join the meetup in Angeles City? I'm going there soon too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I'm headed to the Philippines in a few days. Are any of you there that want to meet up?

Now I can finally be FREE and WILD again! I can finally be ALIVE again in a culture and environment that is fun, open, positive and pro-male! Not paranoid, uptight, negative, stuck up, and closed like Taiwan and America!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I'm headed to the Philippines in a few days. Are any of you there that want to meet up?

Now I can finally be FREE and WILD again! I can finally be ALIVE again in a culture and environment that is fun, open, positive and pro-male! Not paranoid, uptight, negative, stuck up, and closed like Taiwan and America!
Wow....You are the luckiest man alive :) going to Atlantis of the old now called The Philippines.....Now, that I have lived in Germany and visited most of Europe...I truly know the worth of Philippines...I have come back from Germany, may go to Philippines by February
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Hi Winston, I am still here in AC. Just call me when you are here.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Winston wrote:Hi all,

Where in the Philis will you be, Winston?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:Hi Winston, I am still here in AC. Just call me when you are here.
Hey I'm here now in manila with rock and my parents and Dianne and angelo. It's good to be back but so surreal since I haven't been here in a long time and am not used to it.

Billy where are you now? What are you up to? How do I call you? PM me your number.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston, I already wrote a PM. Maybe it did not come. The PM design is quite chaotic. I try to send a new one. Rock may have my number too.

If that does not work post me your email I will post my number to you. - I am still in in AC and staying for a while.

edit: my PM lands in my Outbox but not in "sent emails" folder. Something is going wrong.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:
Hey I'm here now in manila with rock and my parents and Dianne and angelo. It's good to be back but so surreal since I haven't been here in a long time and am not used to it.

Billy where are you now? What are you up to? How do I call you? PM me your number.
Wow....Winston....You came to Philippines with your parents...Its always my dream..Number 1..to bring my parents to Philippines plus with the women I love....You got everything man...A women, A child, A friend, A family.....Its perfect...That's what I want to do...

I think many members especially from America and Europe do not understand the significance of it all..They are too glued to only one thing like women or conspiracy or money...You do it all at the same time man....I think being Indian...I can understand it what you are doing and the importance of it in this day and age...Its Unique...one of a kind....What you have done is more special than the entire Hollywood movies of 2014 regarding what truly LOVE is...

Hollywood would never make a movie of your life, else it would lift the entire human race in a day.

This is what love is folks...watch, see and learn....Seriously, many American members should learn from Winston, how its really done....have fun in vegas, and angeles city, yet take care of parents, kids and the women you love....Hollywood would never show a guy like Winston...who does it all....This is the Definition of Love...

Hats off to all you do and your work man...You are just too up there....I think you did not highlight this in your post as you did not create a thread on it..BUT this is what America, Europe Needs.....forget your life in Vegas, Russia, Philippines...What you did just now...Is I believe one the greatest moment of this forum....This is what really America needs...fun + family ..You are living it...

Family + Fun is what really America needs.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

starchild5 wrote:
Winston wrote:

Wow....Winston....You came to Philippines with your parents...Its always my dream..Number 1..to bring my parents to Philippines plus with the women I love....You got everything man...A women, A child, A friend, A family.....Its perfect...That's what I want to do...

I think many members especially from America and Europe do not understand the significance of it all..They are too glued to only one thing like women or conspiracy or money...You do it all at the same time man....I think being Indian...I can understand it what you are doing and the importance of it in this day and age...Its Unique...one of a kind....What you have done is more special than the entire Hollywood movies of 2014 regarding what truly LOVE is...

Hollywood would never make a movie of your life, else it would lift the entire human race in a day.

This is what love is folks...watch, see and learn....Seriously, many American members should learn from Winston, how its really done....have fun in vegas, and angeles city, yet take care of parents, kids and the women you love....Hollywood would never show a guy like Winston...who does it all....This is the Definition of Love...

Hats off to all you do and your work man...You are just too up there....I think you did not highlight this in your post as you did not create a thread on it..BUT this is what America, Europe Needs.....forget your life in Vegas, Russia, Philippines...What you did just now...Is I believe one the greatest moment of this forum....This is what really America needs...fun + family ..You are living it...

I could never imagine bringing my parents to philippines. They certainly dont want to go. Its another reason of why i really can't marry a foreign woman (unless i bring her to america or something).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:Winston, I already wrote a PM. Maybe it did not come. The PM design is quite chaotic. I try to send a new one. Rock may have my number too.

If that does not work post me your email I will post my number to you. - I am still in in AC and staying for a while.

edit: my PM lands in my Outbox but not in "sent emails" folder. Something is going wrong.
Ok I got it already and will contact you. Your inbox is fine. PMs stay in your outbox until they are read. Then they move to your sentbox.

We are in Angeles city now. It's so surreal here. To see girls wink and smile at you loosely. It's like a dream or paradise or heaven. Very surreal. Like another world.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
starchild5 wrote:
Winston wrote:

I could never imagine bringing my parents to philippines. They certainly dont want to go. Its another reason of why i really can't marry a foreign woman (unless i bring her to america or something).
There's lots of family stuff and stuff that parents will like such as nice hotel, restaurant choices, great malls, and beaches. But it's not the safest place to bring your parents who are not used to people who scam others. So you have to look out for them constantly, especially if they are used to how things work in first world countries only.

Starchild5, I appreciate your kind words but I'm not monogamous and I've wasted two years of my life already fighting my subconscious mind and inner demons, time which could have been spent elsewhere in happier places like here. Nothing is worse than always living a life of regret and I have way too much regret in life.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote: I'm not monogamous and I've wasted two years of my life already fighting my subconscious mind and inner demons, time which could have been spent elsewhere in happier places like here. Nothing is worse than always living a life of regret and I have way too much regret in life.
Monogamy is a recent edition to the long list of things that came from the west to destroy mankind. My friends in India, who are married with kids, often go to Thailand and have fun and their wife's know it too...Only equation is...You can share the body not love.

Many Indian wife's are ok with their husband having fun on the side, they just don't want him to have feelings with another women. That is the reason, why India has one of the lowest divorce count in the world.

I think your belief in Monogamy by living in the west destroyed your soul plus being born in a Christian household escalated it further. Its perfectly ok to love multiple women at the same time.

One of India's famous God Krishna had 16,000 wife's, he married many women, out for Dignity, rescued them etc....Many Indian Kings had multiple wife's also...Its the invasion from the west and its ideals that destroyed India and its values.

Monogamy is not natural and that is why its so held in high regard in the west, to totally twist the minds of men and make them weaker...

Loving many women actually makes a man stronger not weaker...