Baja California Meetup?

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Baja California Meetup?

Post by Jester »

Maybe Baja California would work? Even for some of us in Southern Cali who can easily get down there?

MrPeabody is in TJ I think.

If memory serves, RoyalDude, ATIM, AmericanInMexico and AIM are at "Undisclosed Locations".

Anyway I would attend a meetup anywhere in Baja California Norte. My preference would be Ensenada or Punta Banda, but Winston might prefer TJ :roll:
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Ensenada is a good place to go. TJ has too many sketchy people for my taste.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I'll buy a round of drinks any day next week (from Tuesday on) at La Bufadora, scenic spot south of Ensenada downtown.

Winston, fly to LAX, I'll give you a lift down there, you can take a bus back, easy and cheap.

Who's in?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I'll be in Thailand most of the time, but will have time to visit California and Mexico every once in a while.

If I'm ever around, I will be more than happy to give you guys "authentic" tours of Tijuana and Mexicali. Just be aware that this will involve visiting down-to-earth families in shantytowns though (don't worry, this is safe)! Expect Mexican rancheras, tacos, and cerveza too. :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Where is Baja California?

I heard that to get to Mexico, you can park at the border and take the bus down there. How do you do that exactly? Are these border parking areas safe to leave your car in? How much does it cost? Are they protected by security?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne