Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Billy wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I don't know if this is relevant, but I will be in the Philis (Manila, Angeles City, and maybe another place) for the first time in my life in January, 2015. I'll probably arrive late on the 19th, and be out and about on the 20th.
It would be nice to meet up with some seasoned HA Philippines travelers during my stay.
I might go to the Philippines in either January or February. Do you want to meet up, globe-trotter? Anyone else showing up? I'm kinda tired of Chinese girls and I might be interested in a 'change-of-pace,' in terms of women.
I might be there december, january and february. Who is also there?
I think we have 3 so far (you, me and zboy1). What cities will you be in?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

globe-trotter wrote:
Billy wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:I don't know if this is relevant, but I will be in the Philis (Manila, Angeles City, and maybe another place) for the first time in my life in January, 2015. I'll probably arrive late on the 19th, and be out and about on the 20th.
It would be nice to meet up with some seasoned HA Philippines travelers during my stay.
I might go to the Philippines in either January or February. Do you want to meet up, globe-trotter? Anyone else showing up? I'm kinda tired of Chinese girls and I might be interested in a 'change-of-pace,' in terms of women.
I have no clear plan. Though I like Baguio it´s kind of off the list. Manila is to tough for me to many robbers and scammers and to expensive. Cebu, Duma, Bacolod, Davao might be candidates.

If Winston joins us to Angeles I would check it out :)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Davewe, Taco, Rock, Mguy and Pete always mention to stay away from Metro Manila. I think Cebu is a better spot, although I may be wrong. Maybe someone can PM them and ask the where the best place to go in the Philippines?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

zboy1 wrote:Davewe, Taco, Rock, Mguy and Pete always mention to stay away from Metro Manila. I think Cebu is a better spot, although I may be wrong. Maybe someone can PM them and ask the where the best place to go in the Philippines?
I'm not in the Philippines any more. However, Cebu is a safe place to meet up although it might be out of the way some people.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Billy wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
Billy wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
I have no clear plan. Though I like Baguio it´s kind of off the list. Manila is to tough for me to many robbers and scammers and to expensive. Cebu, Duma, Bacolod, Davao might be candidates.

If Winston joins us to Angeles I would check it out :)
Hmm. I'll have limited time in the Philis, so I'll be in Manila for a day or two. Then the majority of my time will probably be spent in Angeles City. On the way back to Manila for my flight to Tokyo (or maybe Medellin, Colombia), I'll check out a more rural/beach area. Any suggestions?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

May be I will check Angeles too. People talk much about El Nido in Palawan. - Some resorts in Bohol. Somewhere I read near Manilla schould also be a nice resort. I will check the name when I have time.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

Billy wrote:May be I will check Angeles too. People talk much about El Nido in Palawan. - Some resorts in Bohol. Somewhere I read near Manilla schould also be a nice resort. I will check the name when I have time.
OK. I'll post my dates and locations when I confirm my flights next week.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Re: Meetup in the Philippines? Many HA members are there!

Post by globe-trotter »

Sorry for the late post, guys, but I've just booked my flights today.
Anyway, here are my dates:

Jan 20: Manila
Jan 21-23: Angeles City
Jan 24, 25: Bocaray, Palawan, Puerto Galera or Subic Beach (undecided yet-- any suggestions close to Manila/Angeles?)
Jan 26: Manila
Jan 27-31: Tokyo

I haven't booked my hotels yet, but will soon.

Anyone interested in meeting up?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

globe-trotter wrote:Sorry for the late post, guys, but I've just booked my flights today.

Jan 24, 25: Bocaray, Palawan, Puerto Galera or Subic Beach (undecided yet-- any suggestions close to Manila/Angeles?)

Boracay and Palawan are on the other side of Philippines and they can't be covered that easily in two days. There is lot of travelling involved going to islands in Philippines. ... Subic is the closest to Angeles city.

Skip the beaches, islands, it can't be done in two days, you will be extremely tired.

I would suggest..Just go to Manila >> Angeles city >> Subic Bay ( 80 km from angeles) > Manila

Better as soon as you land in Manila...Directly head to Angeles city ..then come back to Manila on Jan 25..Stay for a night to check out manila scene and then go to tokyo...good luck
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

starchild5 wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:Sorry for the late post, guys, but I've just booked my flights today.

Boracay and Palawan are on the other side of Philippines and they can't be covered that easily in two days. There is lot of travelling involved going to islands in Philippines. ... Subic is the closest to Angeles city.

Skip the beaches, islands, it can't be done in two days, you will be extremely tired.

I would suggest..Just go to Manila >> Angeles city >> Subic Bay ( 80 km from angeles) > Manila

Better as soon as you land in Manila...Directly head to Angeles city ..then come back to Manila on Jan 25..Stay for a night to check out manila scene and then go to tokyo...good luck
Thanks for the suggestions. I suspected that it would be a pain-in-the-ass to get to the more popular beach areas.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

globe-trotter wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I suspected that it would be a pain-in-the-ass to get to the more popular beach areas.
I wish I could but probably won't be there til later in the year.

If I were you all I'd hit up Puerto Galera. Cheaper beach town just 2 hours (bus, then boat) away from Manila. It's somewhat small but beautiful scenery. You can rent a boat for a day to go island hoping, parasailing, snorkling as well as jet skis. Most are package deals and won't run you more than $40-60 USD for like 3 people. I have pics if anyone is interested. Decent lodging can be found for around $25-$50 a night. Downfall for some is that there is little to no P4P.

Tagatay is also very nice and only an hour bus ride from Manila.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I'll see if I have some time during those days. I'll get back to you. ...
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

zboy1 wrote:I'll see if I have some time during those days. I'll get back to you. ...
k
Last edited by globe-trotter on October 23rd, 2014, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster

Post by globe-trotter »

hammanta wrote:I wish I could but probably won't be there til later in the year.

If I were you all I'd hit up Puerto Galera. Cheaper beach town just 2 hours (bus, then boat) away from Manila. It's somewhat small but beautiful scenery. You can rent a boat for a day to go island hoping, parasailing, snorkling as well as jet skis. Most are package deals and won't run you more than $40-60 USD for like 3 people. I have pics if anyone is interested. Decent lodging can be found for around $25-$50 a night. Downfall for some is that there is little to no P4P.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, and I'd like to see your pics.
Btw, how do the beaches of Puerto Galera compare to places like Boracay, Subic Bay and Palawan? I've seen photos of Palawan and Boracay that are really breathtaking.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

globe-trotter wrote:
hammanta wrote:I wish I could but probably won't be there til later in the year.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, and I'd like to see your pics.
Btw, how do the beaches of Puerto Galera compare to places like Boracay, Subic Bay and Palawan? I've seen photos of Palawan and Boracay that are really breathtaking.
Puerto Galera is a diving site. I was there just few months back. It has no great beaches like Boracay, palawan or other places. Couple of beaches like White beach is actually brown in color ::) and maddona beach is too far away and small.

The ride from Bantangas port to Puerta Gallera is simply put extreme in a small boat. Many people throw-up due to high tide boat ride and get drenched from water seeping into the boat, not good for people who have health issues.

If you haven't done diving before, You will have to do couple of days training - The beginners course is around 2500 pesos before you are allowed to dive in...you have to spend 4-5 days to fully enjoy the place. Each dive cost 1000 pesos....The stay would not be that great...You have to come prepared with an adventures mindset.

With that being said..The diving itself is breathtaking....Its a whole new dimension...Philippines has the best diving spots in the world as it comes under the Coral Triangle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Triangle

The ocean around Philippines has the richest bio - diversity on the whole planet..Its a world heritage protective site.

------------

The issue is...You have a very tight schedule in Philippines..around one week. It won't be enough to see all the places at once. Just pick one this time..

you can pick a girl from A/c or ...Many girls online would be ever ready to travel with you to Boracay or Palawan. Its their dream also to travel to these places. Its expensive for locals to travel to boracay or palawan.

Option 1:

Get an online date from Manila > Travel with her to places like Boracay - Palawan etc

or

Option 2:

Go to Angeles CIty and enjoy with many different girls.

Its either being with one girl and going to many places or being with Many girls at one place. For me, both choice is great because you are in the Philippines... :D :D