Duolingo - Free language learning and translation platform

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Duolingo - Free language learning and translation platform

Post by MarkDY »

"Duolingo is a free language-learning and crowdsourced text translation platform. The service is designed so that, as users progress through the lessons, they simultaneously help to translate websites and other documents. As of December 2013, Duolingo offers Latin American Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, and Italian courses for English speakers, as well as American English for Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and Russian speakers. It is available on the Web, iOS, and Android platforms.
Duolingo started its private beta[clarification needed] on 30 November 2011 and accumulated a waiting list of more than 300,000 users.Duolingo launched for the general public on 19 June 2012 and as of December 2013 has 16 million users. In 2013, Apple chose Duolingo as its iPhone App of the Year, the first time this honor was awarded to an educational application."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duolingo

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mariam
Freshman Poster

Re: Duolingo

Post by mariam »

Thanks for sharing.
BTW another good translation program is ABBY lingvo translation dictionary.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Duolingo - Free language learning and translation platfo

Post by Winston »

So where's the link to download Duolingo? Where its main home page? Is it available in Google Play Store for Android too?

Come on. The OP should have posted some links to it besides the Wikipedia page for it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Duolingo - Free language learning and translation platfo

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston wrote:So where's the link to download Duolingo? Where its main home page? Is it available in Google Play Store for Android too?

Come on. The OP should have posted some links to it besides the Wikipedia page for it.
You can get it as an app. Or, https://www.duolingo.com/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Duolingo - Free language learning and translation platform

Post by WilliamSmith »

I like Duolingo. I've finished their Japanese course, and they now also have lots of other Asian languages that were not in the OP's original list (eg., Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean).

For Japanese, my opinion is that it makes sense to start with a more structured grammar book or course that explains grammar points clearly first (with example sentences), but after that Duolingo is a fun way to get continuous daily exposure and practice.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/