Check out these portable multi-language translation devices!

Chat in foreign languages or discuss language-learning.
Winston
Site Admin

Check out these portable multi-language translation devices!

Post by Winston »

Check this out. I did some searching on Amazon.com and Ebay and found some amazing ones that translate multiple languages for cheap. This one translates between 10 languages, even spells out the sounds in English, has 80,000 words, and is only $23! Wow. What a steal. That's far cheaper than the $100 - $200 ones I see in Taiwan. This one is very similar to the one I used in Russia, which was very helpful and useful. I brought it along on every date with a Russian girl. It even helped translate deep conversations for me with words such as "intellectual", "conformist", "freethinker", "ironic", "oxymoron", "contradiction", "logical", etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Lingo-Pacifica-II ... B000AI7KQE

Product details:

Technical Details
Ten languages
Over 80,000 words
5,000 useful phrases
4 line X 16 characters
Local time & World time

Translates to and from any of the following 10 Languages: >English >French >Portuguese >Chinese Alphabet >Chinese (English) >Korean Alphabet >Korean (English) >German >spanish >Italian >Russian Alphabet >Russian (English) >Japanese Alphabet >Japanese (English)

But it's not a speaking translator. A speaking translator would cost over $100, but I don't think it's necessary because the translated words are spelled out in English pronounciation. You can use it in many countries too since it has 10 of the most common foreign languages.

It's very useful to have for sure, especially when you are in a new country. It's also very helpful during conversations and dates.
Last edited by Winston on July 10th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Cheap multi-language portable translators! Very useful!

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:............I brought it along on every date with a Russian girl. It even helped translate deep conversations for me with words such as "intellectual", "conformist", "freethinker", "ironic", "oxymoron", "contradiction", "logical", etc...........
:lol:

Winston....... women's brains are different. They don't get turned on by deep conversation.
Someone should buy you one that just has multiple translations for light flirty stuff.

Luvya anyway bro.

And yeah I probably will buy the thing. Really sucked to be in Tijuana asking for "camarones" (shrimp) when I meant "camiones" (buses)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:............I brought it along on every date with a Russian girl. It even helped translate deep conversations for me with words such as "intellectual", "conformist", "freethinker", "ironic", "oxymoron", "contradiction", "logical", etc...........
:lol:

Winston....... women's brains are different. They don't get turned on by deep conversation.
Someone should buy you one that just has multiple translations for light flirty stuff.

Luvya anyway bro.

And yeah I probably will buy the thing. Really sucked to be in Tijuana asking for "camarones" (shrimp) when I meant "camiones" (buses)
True, deep conversation alone doesn't turn on women. HOWEVER, if she already likes you and thinks you're a good catch, she will enjoy the deep conversation and like that she learned something from you. It will be just icing on the cake. Plus, if she already likes you, then she will appreciate that you are smart and deep. Hey, it's better than you having an asshole personality that can't talk about deep things. All else being equal, a woman prefers her guy or date to be nice and smart rather than a dumb asshole. Don't you agree?

At $23, it's definitely a steal. You can use it for casual conversations or everyday transactions. It's also useful during the "get to know you" stage. If I want to say that I'm a "writer" I just type that word in and translate it. Your date can use it too, to translate words from her language to yours. Also, at $23, it's expendable, so that if someone steals it, you can just get a new one. And it saves you the cost of paying a professional translator to accompany you.

Btw, it's also on Ebay for $21 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

The seller has many of them available in new condition.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
royalism
Freshman Poster

Post by royalism »

I remember the taiwanese and hong kong kids in high school used to carry one.

$23 is pretty cool, but how about a downloadable program perhaps for an iphone or a android?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

royalism wrote:I remember the taiwanese and hong kong kids in high school used to carry one.

$23 is pretty cool, but how about a downloadable program perhaps for an iphone or a android?
I already listed some downloadable translator programs for smart phones here:

viewtopic.php?t=14286

polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Winston wrote:
Jester wrote:

Btw, it's also on Ebay for $21 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

The seller has many of them available in new condition.
The price has gone up to $26, but this is still a great price & postage is cheap. I think I'll wait until I go overseas again - there'll be better software for smartphones by then e.g. google translate.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a speaking version of the Lingo 10 language translator. It's only $40, but shipping is only available to within the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lingo-brand-ele ... 500wt_1202

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Language Translation Apps for Smart Phones

Post by Winston »

What do you all think of this new hand held voice translator I saw on a YouTube ad? It costs 99 dollars and translates 34 languages instantly by audio. See below.

https://www.inspireuplift.com/products/ ... translator

Here's what it looks like:

Video about the device:

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Check out these portable multi-language translation devices!

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this small hand held multi-language translation device. It looks very convenient and useful. What do you guys think? Unlike Google Translate App for your smart phone, this doesn't require data or wifi and works offline it seems.

https://en.nexttech.com/Muama/1/

https://enence.com/translator/product/

Demo

It looks like it's 89 bucks. Do you all think it's worth it? Is it a good quality device that will last a long time?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh wait. Nevermind. They deceived me. According to the manual, yeah you do need to use this device with a smart phone and wifi or data. That sucks. Why not just use a smart phone language app then? Stupid. These devices are only worth it if you don't need to depend on a phone or wifi or data. Does anyone know of a portable language translation device that doesn't need a phone or data/wifi?

https://enencetranslator.com/manuals/v2/en.pdf

https://enence.com/contact

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I just sprang for this $74 translator, for better or worse:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0868HXNCJ/
It says it can do 138 languages online, but 14 languages offline, including Japanese and Cantonese, among others.

Anyone have any updated opinions on these devices?
I've found some ranging from $75ish to $130 that seem to say you can use them offline without needing wifi on. User reviews vary. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

WilliamSmith wrote:
February 24th, 2022, 3:03 am
I just sprang for this $74 translator, for better or worse:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0868HXNCJ/
It says it can do 138 languages online, but 14 languages offline, including Japanese and Cantonese, among others.

Anyone have any updated opinions on these devices?
I've found some ranging from $75ish to $130 that seem to say you can use them offline without needing wifi on. User reviews vary. :)
Wow, this little thing is neat! :) It arrived today, and it had Japanese and Chinese with simplified characters as two of the preloaded languages. (I forget the other ones, but Russian was also one of the 14 preloaded languages.)
I could speak English into it right away (all offline) and have it translate accurately to Japanese and print written Japanese (Kanji and kana) on the screen, but there was no voice playback at first.
However, after I connected it to wifi once in order to experiment, then it did start having text-to-speech voices play back the translated Japanese, and it works offline with the voice playback now too.
So now it does translate what I say into it, print out the text in both languages, and play back the translation with a text-to-speech synth voice similar to the ones on Google, Yandex, etc.
I don't like frying my brain on wifi any more than necessary, so this was an awesome buy for me, since I can use this offline to speak into it in English and have it translate it into Japanese and spoken back to me by the text-to-speech robot.
(It also works the other way, you can just click a button to reverse languages, and speak Japanese into it and see it convert what you said into written Japanese, and have it translate to English. So this thing is going to probably be really useful for me to practice offline.)

It also has a decent built-in camera to capture printed text and translate it, but that requires wifi to work, as far as I can tell.
Also, it's not a big deal, but it doesn't exactly do Cantonese like the sale page says, as far as I can tell, since the "Traditional Chinese" characters that are used in Taiwan and Hong Kong and so on are there, but the TTS voice speaks in Mandarin and it translates into Mandarin grammar structures (not Cantonese, which shares lots of things but has quite a few of its own particle words and grammar structures and so on). But at least you can get the manly traditional Chinese characters instead of the wussy simplified characters, LOL. :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/