5 Reasons Being A Lawyer Sucks

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Like a lot professions being a Lawyer has a lot of hype to it.

http://www.returnofkings.com/10900/5-re ... wyer-sucks

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why is a lawyer such a prestigious position, like a doctor? At least a doctor can save lives, whereas a lawyer just lets the rich get away with their crimes and supports the "might=right" principle.

Why do women like lawyers? They are scumbags with no conscience and little free time.

With so many lawyer jokes, why are shows like CSI popular?

Why don't they just get rid of lawyers and have judges decide each case after hearing both sides, like they do in The People's Court or in small claims court?

I used to want to be a lawyer. Now I guess I'm glad I didn't.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

A real good read on this subject is " Who is Running America the bankruptcy of the United States" according to this read when America went bankrupt in 1933 the whole Bar was routed through the FED, according to this article which I do not agree with everything it say's, it claims the whole entire legal profession is just stooges of the British Empire controlled by the International banker's and at it's core the whole system at the inner most core is designed to protect the hidden creditor's who have the attorneys write the Law Code for them.

The Attorneys according to this read do not even realize they are working for a hidden creditor, it is one of the best reads I have ever read.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Get this. I have a cousin here in Las Vegas who is a lawyer. But he rarely sees his mom who lives here too. During the month that my parents stayed with my aunt, her lawyer son never once came to visit her. And I heard that if she wants to visit him, she would have to make an appointment. Gee, what a great son. lol. Can you imagine not letting your mom see you without an appointment? Gee whiz.

I guess this just goes to show that the law profession attracts cold people with bad character after all. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Just look at the British Empire, cold enough for you ? I think being programmed by them would have that affect over time.
Time to Hide!
Attorney at Large
Freshman Poster

Post by Attorney at Large »

Positives on being an Attorney:

1. You can possilby help people in ways they are eternally grateful.
2. While there's a significant range on Attorney incomes, the average is more than double the pay of the average.
3. You have an understanding of how the world works including the philosophies behind our system.
4. You can threaten bad actors or take them to court to get them to change their bad behavior.
5. Girls like Attorneys

Negatives:
1. It takes a long time and many go into huge debt to get the degree and then the license.
2. Most Attorneys work long hours and are under great stress.
3. There is currently an oversupply of Attorneys in most cities and states, which affects salaries and job opportunities.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:Get this. I have a cousin here in Las Vegas who is a lawyer. But he rarely sees his mom who lives here too. During the month that my parents stayed with my aunt, her lawyer son never once came to visit her. And I heard that if she wants to visit him, she would have to make an appointment. Gee, what a great son. lol. Can you imagine not letting your mom see you without an appointment? Gee whiz.

I guess this just goes to show that the law profession attracts cold people with bad character after all. lol
Well guess what? I Googled my lawyer cousin and founds many horrible reviews about him on lawyer review sites. Pretty shocking. I posted them here:

viewtopic.php?t=22421

I wonder how lawyers with such bad reviews get new clients. Don't people Google others nowadays before hiring them?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Attorney at Large wrote:Positives on being an Attorney:

1. You can possilby help people in ways they are eternally grateful.
2. While there's a significant range on Attorney incomes, the average is more than double the pay of the average.
3. You have an understanding of how the world works including the philosophies behind our system.
4. You can threaten bad actors or take them to court to get them to change their bad behavior.
5. Girls like Attorneys

Negatives:
1. It takes a long time and many go into huge debt to get the degree and then the license.
2. Most Attorneys work long hours and are under great stress.
3. There is currently an oversupply of Attorneys in most cities and states, which affects salaries and job opportunities.
Are you an attorney? How many years did you have to spend in law school? How do lawyers fresh out of college get hired by law firms without experience? How do they know which law firms to apply for?

Why would anyone want to be a lawyer since it gives you no free time to enjoy your salary?

Do lawyers get a fixed salary or salary plus commission from clients? Do they get bonuses for winning cases? How does that work?

Are most lawyers scumbags with no conscience? Does the profession attract those types, or do lawyers eventually become corrupted that way?

What do you think of my lawyer cousin's bad reviews? Are they common for lawyers? See here:

viewtopic.php?t=22421

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 5 Reasons Being A Lawyer Sucks

Post by momopi »

Taco wrote:Like a lot professions being a Lawyer has a lot of hype to it.
http://www.returnofkings.com/10900/5-re ... wyer-sucks

Reason #6: Too many lawyers and not enough jobs.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:Are you an attorney? How many years did you have to spend in law school? How do lawyers fresh out of college get hired by law firms without experience? How do they know which law firms to apply for?

Why would anyone want to be a lawyer since it gives you no free time to enjoy your salary?

Do lawyers get a fixed salary or salary plus commission from clients? Do they get bonuses for winning cases? How does that work?

Are most lawyers scumbags with no conscience? Does the profession attract those types, or do lawyers eventually become corrupted that way?

What do you think of my lawyer cousin's bad reviews? Are they common for lawyers? See here:

viewtopic.php?t=22421
I'll answer, since AaL is probably not checking in months after his post.

1. Yes, licensed in Virginia. Haven't practiced in years.

2. 3

3. Hiring is based almost entirely on law school grades. Each year the big law firms fancy that they are skimming off the cream of the crop by hiring people with the best grades. Experience isn't necessary, just the willingness to work ungodly hours. Many firms come to interview at law schools that have decent reputations. Law students send them their resumes in advance of the interviews, and the firms select the ones they want to interview. Law students also shotgun resumes to firms in cities where they want to be. Outside this sort of formal application process, law students just try to scare up work as best they can, in different ways.

4. I don't know. It was an easy decision for me to stay away from the health-ruining servitude of being an associate for a big firm.

5. Associates with firms get paid a salary. If they become partners in the firm, they get a percentage of the profits. The firms charge clients by the hour. If lawyers work for themselves they charge clients by the hour, or take a case on a contingency basis where they will take a percentage of whatever the case might net.

6. No bonuses. I'm sure most clients think they have already paid their lawyers quite enough.

7. I've found most law students to be pretty decent people. They get morally neutered in a sense by starting to see everything in terms of potential liability and causes of action, and by developing the habit of arguing both sides of an issue. Then they go out into a money-grubbing capitalist society and become corrupted in the same ways that people in most other American institutions do.

8. Your cousin sounds like a good person to avoid. I think there's probably a good deal more incompetence in the legal profession that the fluency of the jargon lawyers spout might lead one to believe, though the profession does attract a fair share of the nation's brightest people.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gsjackson,
You mean you are a lawyer too? Then why did you need to hire one when you were in Detroit?

Why did you quit?

So a lawyer gets paid a salary plus the fees that the clients pay him? That means they get two incomes right?

Did you ever watch that TV show "Ally McBeal"? Was that a realistic depiction of lawyer life? lol

fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Either the need for lawyers is declining, or there is a serious over-stock of law graduates (or maybe both), but I recently read somewhere that 39% of law school graduates are no longer even practicing law 2 years after graduation. I know it's a rough economy, but I wonder if it's mostly due to an over-stock. Law school has become a popular choice for many women. 45% of law students nowdays are females. I asked my lawyer friend about it and he said law school attracts a lot of type-A women with a BA in humanities who don't like math or blood. A lot of them see law school as a way to hook up for a few years and hopefully nail down a hot lawyer husband. These women graduate often still single, take a shitty desk job at a firm and realize they hate law and, quit.
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

Lawyers are nothing but paid liars. Often they need to complete a course in acting so their tells won't show in the court room.

There is only one truth, with two lawyers in a court, someone is lying.
---

SD