Why does anyone vote for the Repugs?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why does anyone vote for the Repugs?

Post by Cornfed »

I'm curious as to why any Americans, other than members of the tiny parasitical elite, would vote for the Republican Party. Obviously it doesn't really matter who you vote for because both parties serve the same masters and the elections are rigged anyway, but just to take the stated position of the parties at face value, at least some people would be justified in supporting the Dems. AW, who are married to the government, understandably want to get more largess bestowed upon them by hubby. Blacks, who are the exotic pets of the elite, understandably want more stuff from their masters. Perverts such as dykes and faggots understandably want their perversions indulged. And so forth. The Dems are promising all this. On the other hand, the Repug candidates are mostly literally corporate shysters openly acting in their capacity as corporate shysters. They promise nothing other than to screw most of their constituents while blaming them for their own screwing. Why would anyone vote for that? Are they masochists?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Well, just as fair disclosure, I am not votong for the major party candidates. The only redeeming quality Romney has for me is his tax policy. And also, since Obama has lied about his stance on civil liberties, it gives me no reason to vote for him. Now as cor reasons other people would, he would be lax on business regulatio (instead of regulating what is necessary, but not too much). He wont cut seniors care, he is a staunch military hawk, because people hate obama ( I put up with it in my family), and them thinking he will really fix the economy. I think the anit obama vote is huge. But for me, they seem too much alike. And that is why I would vote for Gary Johnson, but will vote for Jill Stein, since she is on the ballot, while Gary is not.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

@zacb

I live in San Antonio, and The Libertarian Party candidate was on the ballot here. I voted for him.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

In Michigan, he was booted off because he missed some deadline by 5 minutes. It made me mad, but I have a backup plan. I will vote for Jill Stein, even though I disagree with her, if you are going to vote liberal, you might as well do it right :D
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Because you have to PROTECT ISRAEL AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!! Now, in all seriousness, I don't think that Christians think directly that protecting Israel will bring Apocolypsia on, but I think the are happy things are going along as they are, so their brain gives them signals to continues on this course so their goal is completed (I disagree with this logic, even though I also accept basic Christian doctrines). It is kind of interesting that prior to the 70's, most church member did not believe in voting, and that it would only stop the eventual downfall of mankind. Boy how times have change. And just because some respected pastor says Iran or X country is evil does not mean they are. But even though you explain they are human to and are prone to errors, they will never understand that.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

zacb wrote: The only redeeming quality Romney has for me is his tax policy. .
Romney's tax policy? What exactly do you think it is? In the second debate (don't ask me why I watch the farces), in practically the same breath, Romney said he would eliminate taxes on interest, dividends and capital gains, and then that he would ensure the percentage of tax paid by the wealthy wouldn't go down any. Right, it's definitely the middle class that is raking in the interest and dividends and occasionally liquidating their stock and real estate holdings, not the wealthy.

So his policy is to remove from taxation passive income that benefits the affluent almost exclusively, leaving what to tax? Income, one's primary residence and sales, I suppose. Since the latter two are imposed by states and localities, Romney's objective apparently is to starve the federal government and throw much of the taxation burden back to states and localities.

Cornfed is right: Romney couldn't any more obviously be a corporate shyster at the service of his own kind. The fact that the corporate media don't bother to notice when he spells this out very clearly isn't surprising. This is no endorsement of Obama, who's hardly any better, but Romney saying he's an ally of the middle class is like Faux News calling itself "fair and balanced." The wink-winks couldn't be any more transparent.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:Indeed. It seems the way the Repugs get most of their support is to get poor whites to vote against their own interests and identify with the elite that is robbing them rather than their own kind. Very strange.
A book on this topic titled What's the Matter with Kansas conjures up an amusing image of downtrodden workers gathering together in their thousands and working themselves into a righteous frenzy. Filled with indignation and demanding justice they march off to the mansions of their corporate overlords and cry out: "We have come to lower your taxes."

The reason, of course, that working class whites vote against their economic interests is the elites have used the culture wars to turn their focus on to another oppressive elite -- feminists, the professoriate, federal judges, etc. When the Democrats embraced this lifestyle left 40 years ago (most memorable event of "72 Dem convention -- Helen Reddy singing "I am Woman, Hear me Roar), they lost working class whites. This forum is one of the few places you can find points of view merging economic populism with cultural populism. To find that viewpoint elsewhere anywhere in the US, you'd have to look to the Catholic Church hierarchy and those who pay attention to it.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
A book on this topic titled What's the Matter with Kansas conjures up an amusing image of downtrodden workers gathering together in their thousands and working themselves into a righteous frenzy. Filled with indignation and demanding justice they march off to the mansions of their corporate overlords and cry out: "We have come to lower your taxes."

The reason, of course, that working class whites vote against their economic interests is the elites have used the culture wars to turn their focus on to another oppressive elite -- feminists, the professoriate, federal judges, etc. ... This forum is one of the few places you can find points of view merging economic populism with cultural populism. ...
OMG -- we are culturally important??!

:shock:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

The reason, of course, that working class whites vote against their economic interests is the elites have used the culture wars to turn their focus on to another oppressive elite -- feminists, the professoriate, federal judges, etc. ... This forum is one of the few places you can find points of view merging economic populism with cultural populism. ...
OMG -- we are culturally important??!

:shock:
Sadly, not at the moment. The default position for "educated" America is the precise opposite of culturally conservative, economically populist, and non-interventionist in foreign policy. Having a point of view that dare not speak its name, we can be found only on the marginalized fringe, such as here at HA, or among the handful of folks who take all their cues from official Catholic positions. I'm not a Catholic, but it certainly impresses me that they have arrived at the same place I have on almost all the issues concerning public policy.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:The default position for "educated" America is the precise opposite of culturally conservative, economically populist, and non-interventionist in foreign policy. Having a point of view that dare not speak its name, we can be found only on the marginalized fringe, such as here at HA, or among the handful of folks who take all their cues from official Catholic positions. I'm not a Catholic, but it certainly impresses me that they have arrived at the same place I have on almost all the issues concerning public policy.
Funny you mention it, it likewise impresses me that mealy-mouthed Catholic hierarchy still holds out against the cultural blitzkrieg of babykilling, corporatism, torture, and warmongering.

You have to like that last-ditch effort by the guy who looked like a wimp.

Must be the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Because they don't realize neo-conservatives are not conservatives or even Christian or White. The Neo-Cons subverted the right and made support for Israel the biggest priority, while (purposely) being powerless to stop victory after victory for the "looney left". Most recently "gender neutral" education for children, gay marriage and things like that. Of course the Jews subverting the churches and perverting the general interpretation of "Christianity" via the media to suit their "Zionist" goals is a large part of this.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

odbo wrote:Because they don't realize neo-conservatives are not conservatives or even Christian or White. The Neo-Cons subverted the right and made support for Israel the biggest priority, while (purposely) being powerless to stop victory after victory for the "looney left". Most recently "gender neutral" education for children, gay marriage and things like that. Of course the Jews subverting the churches and perverting the general interpretation of "Christianity" via the media to suit their "Zionist" goals is a large part of this.
The original neocons were a bunch of Jewish New York intellectuals on-the-make who didn't like their chances for upward mobility as Trotskyites, and spied an opening on the right. They moved in with their Trotskyite doctrine of all war all the time (on Israel's behalf), and by the end of the '70s had taken over the "conservative intellectual movement.' They got a significant toehold in the Reagan administration, but the Gipper frustrated them occasionally by doing things like pulling troops out of Lebanon. They came fully to power with the second Bush administration, and fixed us up with the total clustermuck in the middle east that they'd been aiming for. Romney has resuscitated these Zionist warmongers, and it scares Europe peeless that this clueless dunce has brought these characters back and might bring them with him to the White House.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

gsjackson wrote:
odbo wrote:Because they don't realize neo-conservatives are not conservatives or even Christian or White. The Neo-Cons subverted the right and made support for Israel the biggest priority, while (purposely) being powerless to stop victory after victory for the "looney left". Most recently "gender neutral" education for children, gay marriage and things like that. Of course the Jews subverting the churches and perverting the general interpretation of "Christianity" via the media to suit their "Zionist" goals is a large part of this.
The original neocons were a bunch of Jewish New York intellectuals on-the-make who didn't like their chances for upward mobility as Trotskyites, and spied an opening on the right. They moved in with their Trotskyite doctrine of all war all the time (on Israel's behalf), and by the end of the '70s had taken over the "conservative intellectual movement.' They got a significant toehold in the Reagan administration, but the Gipper frustrated them occasionally by doing things like pulling troops out of Lebanon. They came fully to power with the second Bush administration, and fixed us up with the total clustermuck in the middle east that they'd been aiming for. Romney has resuscitated these Zionist warmongers, and it scares Europe peeless that this clueless dunce has brought these characters back and might bring them with him to the White House.
True. You would be amazed at the amount of zionist propaganda spewed out at Protestant Christian churches nowdays. Don't know how it is in Catholic, Orthodox or Jewish houses, but the evangelicals and even mainliner Protestants have completely whored themselves out for this zionist fundie schtick. It disgusts me how conservatives and religious peeps have fallen for this hook line and sinker.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

fightforlove wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
True. You would be amazed at the amount of zionist propaganda spewed out at Protestant Christian churches nowdays. Don't know how it is in Catholic, Orthodox or Jewish houses, but the evangelicals and even mainliner Protestants have completely whored themselves out for this zionist fundie schtick. It disgusts me how conservatives and religious peeps have fallen for this hook line and sinker.
Yeah, that's one reason why I stopped going to church. I'm tired of people sucking on Jew Zionist c**k everywhere...from the media to politicians to evangelical Christians. Don't these people know who's ruining the U.S. and most other Western countries!
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

[quote="zboy1"]Yeah, that's one reason why I stopped going to church. I'm tired of people sucking on Jew Zionist c**k everywhere...from the media to politicians to evangelical Christians. Don't these people know who's ruining the U.S. and most other Western countries![/quote]

Same here. That's why I am leaning more towards the Eastern Orthodox Church these days; it seems to be the only Christian denomination left that still has some balls!