Growing food to be prohibited

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Growing food to be prohibited

Post by Cornfed »

In line with wanting most of their populations dead, evil Western regimes will prohibit sourcing food outside their system. Unless you are fancy your chances of deposing evil Western regimes in the near future you need to get the f**k out right away.

https://www.unmuteit.com/articles/victo ... r-own-food
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Growing food to be prohibited

Post by Taco »

Cornfed wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 6:11 pm
you need to get the f**k out right away.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Taco wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 6:58 pm
Cornfed wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 6:11 pm
you need to get the f**k out right away.
He did not show the warnings to China, etc., but notice that Germany is a lot closer to a war zone than the US (where many posters reside) is. The US gets a lot of it's food from.... the US. If Russia turned off the gas, that could really mess up Germany's economy. It could probably hurt their supply chain. China also borders Russia.

Stocking up in Germany and China before prices skyrocket due to a food shortage. Their people would have stockpiles before the prices go up even further. I read that 16% of cereals, like oats, oats, and barley, are grown in Russia and the Ukraine. Many fertilizers are made with petroleum and much of Russia's petroleum production (which supplies China) was shut down when foreign companies that ran their operations left. Ukraine produces half the world's sunflower oil. If there is a shortage of one type of cooking oil, there is a shortage of cooking oil, since other oils substitute. My wife experienced the cooking oil shortage when she was in Indonesia not too long ago.

It does make sense to stockpile some food. I think my family could survive 10 days. If a 10-day crisis hit after our garden started producing greens and vegetables, we might not really feel it. I should probably do something about water. But we have a freezer with a lot of meat and other foods in it. So if the power went out, that could be problematic. We had a lot of soybeans the last I checked, but I maybe I could stock up on some other types of dried beans as a meat substitute. We have some in cans. We hardly ever eat out of cans, so we don't use them up quickly enough.

We do have a genset. I need to learn to run it.

I may need to stock up on toilet paper in case we have another toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and chicken shortage like in 2020.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Taco wrote:
May 9th, 2022, 7:12 pm
If that is the case, if you can, everyone plant some crops and help all the poor people out by decreasing your consumption from the commercial food supply. If you have some land, you can try planting a garden. There's also hydroponics.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I am thinking of adding to my rice stash, maybe some field corn to put in soups. I had a hydroponics nursery on a patio a few years back that produced greens. I had a problem with weavils last time I did that, though. Maybe I could pasturize it in the oven.