Why So Many Americans Are Broke

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Why So Many Americans Are Broke

Post by Zambales »

The temptation to compete in the rat race is too much to resist for these suckers.

In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty - Bob Marley

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

CannedHam wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 12:48 pm

many Americans are retards and can't put things into perspective.

1. You don't need a f***ing 3500sq ft McMansion to raise a family

2. Don't buy a house in a "cool hip" area in a large city

3. Push your kids to go to 2 years of community college then 2 years of state school

4. DON'T f***ing WASTE MONEY ON SPORTS. The amount parents spend nowadays on their kid's sport activities is amazing

5. Don't overspend on extras

Look at how kids were raised in the 60s-90s and compare that to what's going on nowadays
All good and valid points, however you will have a hard time to find any reasonable Western female who is willing to share such a life-style with you.
She will soon complain about a boring life-style, about you being a cheap charlie and leave you for another...
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Yohan wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm
CannedHam wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 12:48 pm

many Americans are retards and can't put things into perspective.

1. You don't need a f***ing 3500sq ft McMansion to raise a family

2. Don't buy a house in a "cool hip" area in a large city

3. Push your kids to go to 2 years of community college then 2 years of state school

4. DON'T f***ing WASTE MONEY ON SPORTS. The amount parents spend nowadays on their kid's sport activities is amazing

5. Don't overspend on extras

Look at how kids were raised in the 60s-90s and compare that to what's going on nowadays
All good and valid points, however you will have a hard time to find any reasonable Western female who is willing to share such a life-style with you.
She will soon complain about a boring life-style, about you being a cheap charlie and leave you for another...
I did have a hard time finding a reasonable Western female... so I married a cheapskate Chinese woman. Fortunately for me, she cares more about how much money we have saved/invested rather than the size of our house or how much luxury-brand clothing we know. In fact, we still only have one car that we share because because according to her a second car is a "total waste of money."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

CannedHam wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 8:37 am
I did have a hard time finding a reasonable Western female... so I married a cheapskate Chinese woman. Fortunately for me, she cares more about how much money we have saved/invested
Sounds like a shitty life to me. What exactly is the point?
Splicelo
Freshman Poster

Post by Splicelo »

Cornfed wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 2:37 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 1:58 am
American parents also tend to purchase homes beyond their affordability to get access to the right neighborhood schools which is likely the single biggest expense that comes from parenting in the USA.
They have to separate themselves from blacks somehow.
Cornfed if you really wanted to keep your race pure you'd only date white women. But you are dating asian just like a lot of us.
Splicelo
Freshman Poster

Post by Splicelo »

Shemp wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 1:38 am
Having children doesn't have to be so expensive. The main thing to understand is that children is women's business, not men's. A man should always be prepared to abandon his children if the wife acts up. The best approach is to treat the wife like a whore who gets paid when she provides regular sex, and then she can use this money to support her children (not YOUR children, HER children). In many parts of the world, that is possible, but not the USA or Europe because of child support laws and common law marriage.

Hasidic Jews and polygamist Mormons manage to scam the system so as to have big families and still do well financially. First, they aren't officially married, so the women can go on welfare. Two women sometimes mutially give their children up for adoption, then take the others children as foster parents, at least on the books, so they really clean up with welfare. All kinds of other schemes. All this depends on the women playing according to rules, which requires constant brainwashing by the men. A truly exhausting life for these men, IMO.
wtf? Most mormons are not polygamist, only fundamentalist mormons. You watch too much tv. :lol:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Splicelo wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 11:01 am
Cornfed wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 2:37 am
May 6th, 2019, 1:58 am
American parents also tend to purchase homes beyond their affordability to get access to the right neighborhood schools which is likely the single biggest expense that comes from parenting in the USA.
They have to separate themselves from blacks somehow.
Cornfed if you really wanted to keep your race pure you'd only date white women. But you are dating asian just like a lot of us.
Eh, I'm not dating Asian. I have done but then I lived in Asia for about 3 years so what do you expect? In any case, the comment was not about dating but about not living next door to or sending your children to school with blacks and therefore avoiding their shitty behavior, which is obviously going to be a necessity in many places.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

A related story: A while back my job made a banking error and didn't have our paychecks ready on the usual time on our payday. They told us they were working with the bank to fix the mistake as soon as possible. My coworkers went into complete panic mode. They were talking about how their bills wouldn't get paid and how much they needed the money right now. Despite complaining about mistreatment and being overworked all day everyday, this was the first time they actually seemed liked they would walk off the job. ...Then we got our paychecks near the end of the day and everyone fell back into the docile sheep they usually were.

It was really sad. They have NO extra money saved up and are probably maxed out on credit. It's terrible that Americans are so broke that even a paycheck arriving a day late would throw off their whole life.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

CB8 wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 8:09 pm
A related story: A while back my job made a banking error and didn't have our paychecks ready on the usual time on our payday. They told us they were working with the bank to fix the mistake as soon as possible. My coworkers went into complete panic mode. They were talking about how their bills wouldn't get paid and how much they needed the money right now. Despite complaining about mistreatment and being overworked all day everyday, this was the first time they actually seemed liked they would walk off the job. ...Then we got our paychecks near the end of the day and everyone fell back into the docile sheep they usually were.

It was really sad. They have NO extra money saved up and are probably maxed out on credit. It's terrible that Americans are so broke that even a paycheck arriving a day late would throw off their whole life.
Incredible. The fact that they are living check to check is shameful. Things happen, people fall ill, cars break down, homes need repair, and expenses come up. To live like that is to live irresponsibly, but then again that is as American as apple pie.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Some sage words of advice from MGTOW Money!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hi @Light. Glad you came back. Your message box settings do not seem to permit incoming messages so I am responding to you here......

1. I have not been to Estonia yet so I don't know the cost of living. I will be visiting this summer however. The best I could do is give you the link to Nomad List which looks at costs there: https://nomadlist.com/cost-of-living/tallinn That being said, I think it would be quite challanging anywhere to live on $xxxx per month. In addition to rent, things come up, currencies change in value, emergencies happen, and you might want to have more than a hand to mouth existance there. So I would aim for a much higher budget unless you have a substantial amount of cash saved (250k) and you are simply restricting your spending.

2. Unfortuately no. I don't think $xxxx per month is nearly enough to live in Europe. Perhaps Africa or Southeast Asia maybe, but I would not expect anything left over at all.

3. Not knowing the language is a major challange. I have only seen it work if you were hired to work at an expat bar where you got to know the owner or something that catered to mostly foreigners. Not only do you have to worry about the language, but the local work permit also.

My advice to you is to work your ass off for several years (two jobs if you have to) and live well below your means so that hoard that cash for when you finally move. However, if you have the ability to work remotely like with IT or graphic design or web design, look into that and become a digital nomad. Day trading and crypto trading is icing on the already built cake for the most part because it is too risky to use is as a wealth builder. You also would want to get some formalized trading training before you do it as an income stream.

Finally, you would benefit from Luca Venditti's book, MGTOW's Guide to Retiring On 200K. He gives the type of information you seen to be seeking. https://lucadotvenditti.wordpress.com/
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

May 15th, 2019, 3:25 pm
Hi @Light. Glad you came back. Your message box settings do not seem to permit incoming messages so I am responding to you here......

1. I have not been to Estonia yet so I don't know the cost of living. I will be visiting this summer however. The best I could do is give you the link to Nomad List which looks at costs there: https://nomadlist.com/cost-of-living/tallinn That being said, I think it would be quite challanging anywhere to live on $xxxx per month. In addition to rent, things come up, currencies change in value, emergencies happen, and you might want to have more than a hand to mouth existance there. So I would aim for a much higher budget unless you have a substantial amount of cash saved (250k) and you are simply restricting your spending.

2. Unfortuately no. I don't think $xxxx per month is nearly enough to live in Europe. Perhaps Africa or Southeast Asia maybe, but I would not expect anything left over at all.

3. Not knowing the language is a major challange. I have only seen it work if you were hired to work at an expat bar where you got to know the owner or something that catered to mostly foreigners. Not only do you have to worry about the language, but the local work permit also.

My advice to you is to work your ass off for several years (two jobs if you have to) and live well below your means so that hoard that cash for when you finally move. However, if you have the ability to work remotely like with IT or graphic design or web design, look into that and become a digital nomad. Day trading and crypto trading is icing on the already built cake for the most part because it is too risky to use is as a wealth builder. You also would want to get some formalized trading training before you do it as an income stream.

Finally, you would benefit from Luca Venditti's book, MGTOW's Guide to Retiring On 200K. He gives the type of information you seen to be seeking. https://lucadotvenditti.wordpress.com/
Thank you for the links. Nomad List will be very helpful for me and I'll get the book. I will try to adjust my message box settings to accept incoming messages.