Earnings Before 1913

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Earnings Before 1913

Post by Taco »

Presented with no comment...

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Earnings Before 1913

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:
December 27th, 2017, 7:36 pm
Presented with no comment...

This is true, now we are taxed up to the hilt and have worse roads and worse schools than we did back then. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

In case you didn’t know, tariffs made up 95% of the US government’s revenue until 1913, at which point they switched to gaining money through taxing you. It’s no coincidence that this isn’t taught in schools.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/in-case- ... that-this/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 2:38 pm
In case you didn’t know, tariffs made up 95% of the US government’s revenue until 1913, at which point they switched to gaining money through taxing you. It’s no coincidence that this isn’t taught in schools.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/in-case- ... that-this/
That's a good point and it's not taught in schools. Schools and universities today in America are liberal indoctrination centers.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

There's 105 million Americans retiring at the same time which means the US government will lose a lot of their income tax revenue. Trump has no choice but to use tariffs to keep government revenues flowing. China is not going to take it sitting down the US still owes them $2 trillion.

Trump considers indefinite tariffs, investment restrictions against China
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/trump-i ... ource.html

China promises 'necessary response' to US tariffs as trade war fears grow
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... fears-grow
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

A good chunk of those 105 million may find themselves not-so-retired.
Be on the lookout for the phrase "Universal Basic Income".

This Is What Life Without Retirement Savings Looks Like

Many seniors are stuck with lives of never-ending work—a fate that could befall millions in the coming decades.

CORONA, Calif.—Roberta Gordon never thought she’d still be alive at age 76. She definitely didn’t think she’d still be working. But every Saturday, she goes down to the local grocery store and hands out samples, earning $50 a day, because she needs the money.

“I’m a working woman again,” she told me, in the common room of the senior apartment complex where she now lives, here in California’s Inland Empire. Gordon has worked dozens of odd jobs throughout her life—as a house cleaner, a home health aide, a telemarketer, a librarian, a fundraiser—but at many times in her life, she didn’t have a steady job that paid into Social Security. She didn’t receive a pension. And she definitely wasn’t making enough to put aside money for retirement.
full article:
https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... ia/553970/
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Many Americans believe that tariffs are un-Republican and are against them. I think many of these pundits and propagandists, who call themselves unbiased reporters, are really in favor of free trade. That's what big business wants. So they will label anyone who comes in between them and increased dividends unrepublican.

I remember one pundit years ago talking on his radio program about how offshoring of jobs is good for the economy. But he never went into detail. He just kept making that statement over and over. (That's when I stopped tuning into his program.) To me that just seems like it is an attempt to brainwash: no substance, just repeating a mantra over and over, hoping it sinks in. There is no way that transferring jobs to another location (outside of the country) is good for anyone except for the shareholders. By definition, it decreases the number of jobs available for those who must labor for a living. Yet these pundits are so busy teaching these lies because they are in it to enlarge their pocketbook.

When will the sabbath be over, so we can make the ephah small and the shekel great? So we can make slaves of the people?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.