New Service Called "BitGold"

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

New Service Called "BitGold"

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

It is well known that I am a bit of a "goldbug" when it comes to personal finance. After months of searching the different strategies to invest in gold, I have discovered BitGold, which has nothing to do wtih BitCoin.

BitGold is a service almost like Paypal which let's you establish an account in dollars and they will hold the corresponding amount of gold in one of several vaults which you can choose.

They also provide a debit card so you can use your gold assets to buy things.

The account fluctuates in value according to the price of gold, but this is a great protective measure against a plummeting dollar.

They let you take delivery on demand in either 10 gram bullion or 1 kilo bullion sizes. I'm sure there are costs but it is a great benefit to have.

I already established an account, but I would be interested to know what other H.A. goldbugs think of BitGold.

BitGold.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New Service Called "BitGold"

Post by Moretorque »

I like the idea of a system outside the State fiat venture we currently use, do you believe a gold standard is the answer because I do not..
Time to Hide!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Not a goldbug yet, but I'm getting interested. Thanks for the info. I assume it's been verified to your satisfaction as a legit operation.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

There is getting to be lots of competition doing this as well, with different features. Peter Schiff has videos on this because he is offering one as well...
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

I have only logged in and perused the site. Other than that, I've read articles and reviews that were mostly positive.

Peter Schiff's SchiffGold is a competitor but American citizens cannot use his company for legal reasons. He hates BitGold which means it is viable and rob him of market share.

I have physical bullion which is the best. You always want to protect your wealth that is only a mouse click from being wiped out, seized, or hacked into another person's possession.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yes Contrar, these fools have no idea what is coming. The state " THE BANK " does not like educated people such as yourself. They have been playing us fools off each other for a long long time in their pursuit to own all, then rent all back to us, then say you own it for a fee to us.............
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:It is well known that I am a bit of a "goldbug" when it comes to personal finance. After months of searching the different strategies to invest in gold, I have discovered BitGold, which has nothing to do wtih BitCoin.

BitGold is a service almost like Paypal which let's you establish an account in dollars and they will hold the corresponding amount of gold in one of several vaults which you can choose.

The account fluctuates in value according to the price of gold, but this is a great protective measure against a plummeting dollar.

They let you take delivery on demand in either 10 gram bullion or 1 kilo bullion sizes. I'm sure there are costs but it is a great benefit to have.

I already established an account, but I would be interested to know what other H.A. goldbugs think of BitGold.

BitGold.com
PLUSES
Liquidity
Ease of getting started
Fractional purchase
Geared to let you take delivery

Do you worry at all about tungsten fillings, especially in the larger size bullion?
Or just take your chances?

I assume they have one or more vaults outside US (say Singapore)?

I'm curious, can a guy take delivery in person at a non US vault rather than at one's legal US address?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Jester wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:It is well known that I am a bit of a "goldbug" when it comes to personal finance. After months of searching the different strategies to invest in gold, I have discovered BitGold, which has nothing to do wtih BitCoin.

BitGold.com
PLUSES
Liquidity
Ease of getting started
Fractional purchase
Geared to let you take delivery

Do you worry at all about tungsten fillings, especially in the larger size bullion?
Or just take your chances?

I assume they have one or more vaults outside US (say Singapore)?

I'm curious, can a guy take delivery in person at a non US vault rather than at one's legal US address?
Most of your questions are best addressed by perusing the site, but no, fake gold is not a worry from established firms in the industry. And there is an assay process that can certify big bullion anyhow.

I am having my bullion stored in Switzerland, but there are other choices too. The question is, can you depart that country hassle free with bullion. Leaving the vault is one thing, transporting it thru Customs is quite another.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I believe I was reading there is a ultra sound technic to check for fakery that was fairly simple ?

These days I do not believe I would trust anybody to hold bullion and the state has access to all information on who has bought what and where it might be...

There does not seem to be much rule of law left around most parts of the world, As Mao stated real power grows out of a barrel of a gun...
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Are you not familiar the disaster that went down in the UAE?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-2 ... top?page=1

Invest all you like, but be ready to lose all your money.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I'm more bearish than most people. I'm investing in food, physical gold and possibly lead.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

For those who were intrested, Bitgold is now GoldMoney. GoldMoney.com is the new website and there are more features since the Bitgold/Goldmoney merger.

There is now a "Wealth" account option that permits savings of bullion in more than just gold. Silver and Platinum are options also!