All job growth went to immigrants

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

All job growth went to immigrants

Post by Cornfed »

The linked article points out that of the growth in employment of working age people in the US since 2000, ALL of it has gone to immigrants. Given that the few remaining jobs open to native born Americans are increasingly given to females, it may be time for young American men to just stop looking for jobs.

http://cis.org/all-employment-growth-si ... immigrants
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: All job growth went to immigrants

Post by gnosis »

This is a good article. It is time for young American men to find a way of making an income online (web comics, self publishing, blogging, youtube, apps, etc) or find work abroad.

Domestically, medicine is still good for those who get in, but there aren't a lot of other opportunities. Law is out. The future of engineering is not looking good. Most of the traditional middle class jobs are no longer options.

I don't know why it's so hard for members of the Baby Boomer generation to understand this. A lot of people do not seem to be aware of just how tough it is for young men.

The generation responsible for outsourcing the manufacturing base and flooding the country with immigrants just cannot seem to understand why their sons struggle to find gainful employment that can pay for a middle class lifestyle.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gnosis wrote:This is a good article. It is time for young American men to find a way of making an income online (web comics, self publishing, blogging, youtube, apps, etc) or find work abroad.

Domestically, medicine is still good for those who get
The unthinkable - unemployed doctors - is already happening. By the time today's teenagers graduate it will be commonplace. Remember when unemployed pilots was unthinkable? There is really no escape for young men within the system. They just need to find out how to get off this train, and/or resist.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:The unthinkable - unemployed doctors - is already happening. .
I have been out of the U.S. for a while and so may be out of touch. But I haven't heard this was happening yet. Can you give me a link to an article or something? I'm curious. A couple people I know are studying medicine at the moment.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gnosis wrote:
I have been out of the U.S. for a while and so may be out of touch. But I haven't heard this was happening yet. Can you give me a link to an article or something? I'm curious. A couple people I know are studying medicine at the moment.
Type "unemployed doctors" or similar into a search engine.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

On the subject of unemployed doctors, I wonder how long before this causes a work for whatever wage offered or starve situation, resulting in a catastrophic collapse of doctors' incomes, as has happened for many pilots and others.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

A colleague of mine just told me today that Google will be launching a driverless taxi service to compete with Uber. Of course the cost will be less because zero labor. Also google just doesn't care about losing money because they have this humanitarian streak that runs parallel to eliminating jobs. They are also more concerned with stock price and stock price isn't always dictated by profitability.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Cornfed wrote:
gnosis wrote:
Type "unemployed doctors" or similar into a search engine.
I did this, and I found many articles on unemployed doctors in Canada, but I don't see much information on the situation in the U.S. I do know that pharmacy has gone the way of the dodo and many general practitioners will eventually be phased out and replaced with physician assistants.

Formerly Good Professions:

1) Law
2) Aeronautics
3) Architecture
4) Engineering
5) Medicine
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Naturalized citizens are in the same boat as native born ones. If they are male, they are screwed up.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Interesting, thanks
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

After conducting recent research, I'm inclined to believe that the statement may not be entirely accurate. In today's job market, finding employment might not be as challenging as portrayed; it largely depends on having a clear understanding of your career goals and obtaining the necessary certifications. Platforms like microsoft teams operator connect have proven instrumental not only in job searches but also in empowering individuals to promote their own businesses effectively. It's about aligning your goals, skills, and leveraging available tools to navigate the professional landscape successfully.